Bobby Shaw signs

nodnarb

maybe you haven't been paying attention, but the patriots coaches are better than ours. They're better than any other team's coaching staff. time and time again they turn castoffs into producers. they know how to identify what motivates players, and what they do best. and they know how to put them in positions to produce. And they do.

Shaw's value as a WR just went way up. I'll take any bet that he produces more than Josh Reed.

70956[/snapback]

And that means we should have kept Shaw? Huh?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee he produces more than Reed.  The problem was he wasn't producing for us.  He went to a great team, he's going to produce, especially with Brady who tosses the ball to everyone.

70965[/snapback]

He was doing that (producing more than Reed) in Bflo, so I'm not sure I follow...

maybe you haven't been paying attention, but the patriots coaches are better than ours. They're better than any other team's coaching staff. time and time again they turn castoffs into producers.

I think this is the thing I hate to watch the most. Many times we release a player, or let them get picked up as a FA, like Wiley or Cowart, etc., and you see little change. But if anyone can turn crap to steak, it's the coaches at NE.

That's an ass-burner probably more than what Shaw's actual results may be.

Good.

Let him make a great TD catch, but loose the ball when he goes to show the ref he caught and have it be ruled incomplete. Let them see his alligator arms on a key 3rd down play. Let him be a dawg in practice.

Good riddance.

Oh, by the way, how could we cut a guy that had Pittsburgh connections. :w00t:

WRs the caliber of Bobby Shaw are a dime a dozen.

IF he goes on to have a successful stint with the Pats,

I say it will be because he finally has a real QB (best in the league) throwing him the ball,

surrounded by a great team with great coaching.

He will not be missed by the Bills.

One can only hope that if he was cut because of mental lapses and poor execution that he continues that trend with that Pats. The only problem is that they need about 10 or 15 more Bobby Shaw's to equal what we are dealing with on our current roster. Let's hope that his poor mental preparedness spreads like a cancer through the NE locker room.

I have to admit, as much as I like Mularkey, my respect for his approach to the team continues to go in the wrong direction. Shaw's release was so fuggin transparent...a desperate move of a desperate team to send a message that they're not going to tolerate mental mistakes. But the team's 3-season stretch of losing has already told the world that they ARE going to tolerate mental mistakes. I've run out of ammo to defend the Bills front office.

We just solved a serious problem for them. They had 2 healthy receivers. Now they have 3. Watch him produce, Mike.

Ridiculousl

70932[/snapback]

I agree that he will produce more then Reed, but NE has:

A better QB

Better OL

Better RB (not by a ton but Dillon is more proven then TH)

MUCH better TE's

Bottom line there are many more things to fix with this team other then Bobby Shaw IMO.

It's simple. THe "official reason" for releasing him was a lack of production.

fact: Reed has been above him on the depth chart for two years.

fact: Shaw has outplayed Reed both years, despite being lower on the DC.

How does this translate to "not enough production" while Reed is given a pass?

The answer is transparent and shallow. I was thrilled about MM. Now he's going to have to earn my respect. Right now I'm starting back at scratch.

Show me something, Mike.

I know times are tough, but Nodnarb it's sad to see you going off the deep end ;-)

This may help (kidding, well not really)... Go back to any tapes of games you might have from last season (beyond week 4 or so) and look at when Shaw is the slot WR and note how many times the opponent blitzes off that edge and how many times Bobby adjusts his route to a quick slant or short hitch to allow DB not to get killed. Now, look at your tape from the Jets game last week and watch the football hit Bobby in the back on a Hot route. That's all you need to know about Bobby. You're not going to hear it from players or coaches because the Bills are a classy organization in that fashion.

Well...it's not on Patriots.com.....why are you spewing nonsense.....does it make you happy when all of these people comment on your NON-NEWS....well, pat yourself on the back because it worked.....thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life!

Jack MeHoffer (esquire)

Watch him produce for the Pats!?!? Who gives a fug if he becomes an All-Pro for the Flaming Elvises!?! The Bills had problems and decided to cut their #3/4 WR because he wasn't worth stevestojan, and now that's going to upset the balance in the division? Huh? If the Bills eventually lose every game this season and New England wins the Superbowl, again, it won't be because we cut Bobby fuggin' Shaw.

70948[/snapback]

It will be because we cut Larry Centers.

Well...it's not on Patriots.com.....why are you spewing nonsense.....does it make you happy when all of these people comment on your NON-NEWS....well, pat yourself on the back because it worked.....thanks for wasting 5 minutes of my life!

Jack MeHoffer (esquire)

70988[/snapback]

Speaking of Jack MeHoffer, what the !@#$ was that lady and "Muddy Love" all about? Is it what i think it is?

did you listen today?

It's simple. THe "official reason" for releasing him was a lack of production.

fact: Reed has been above him on the depth chart for two years.

fact: Shaw has outplayed Reed both years, despite being lower on the DC.

How does this translate to "not enough production" while Reed is given a pass?

70984[/snapback]

MM has been quoted as saying that (I'm paraphrasing) "production" includes meetings, workouts, and practices. You've seen stats for those? :w00t:

One can only hope that if he was cut because of mental lapses and poor execution that he continues that trend with that Pats.  The only problem is that they need about 10 or 15 more Bobby Shaw's to equal what we are dealing with on our current roster.  Let's hope that his poor mental preparedness spreads like a cancer through the NE locker room.

70977[/snapback]

Unfortunately, we seem to have a bunch of unprepared players for some reason. Shaw being one of them. As well as 52 others.

Curious though. Does anyone think Shaw was unprepared and executed poorly last season? I don't recall anyone complaining about Shaw's mental lapses and poor execution last season as he ammassed a career best 56 catches with over 700 yards.

Now this year he lacks motivation and doesn't know how to execute plays? Maybe the problem isn't Shaw but rather the people coaching him?

Shaw's release was......a desperate move of a desperate team to send a message that they're not going to tolerate mental mistakes.

Yeah...like....NO stevestojan.

As if playing "nice" with these !@#$ ups was worked so far?

Bully for the Bills org. for "not taking it anymore" and taking action.

A barely mediocre employee with a bad attitude working for a failing organization was fired. Whoop-!@#$ing-pee! This ranks right up there with "the sun rising" on the list of "Normal things that happen every day". Welcome to the real world.

Speaking of Jack MeHoffer, what the !@#$ was that lady and "Muddy Love" all about? Is it what i think it is?

did you listen today?

70992[/snapback]

Yes, I did listen....did you ever listen really early and catch a phonecall from Eric or Mike..the guys who hit the bong while talking to Howard...classsic stuff!....BTW that woman loves it in the BACKDOOR...interesting

-"Who's High-Pitch"

Curious though.  Does anyone think Shaw was unprepared and executed poorly last season?  I don't recall anyone complaining about Shaw's mental lapses and poor execution last season as he ammassed a career best 56 catches with over 700 yards.

70998[/snapback]

Then you missed my posts. His inconsistency last year was evident to anyone who watched more than a couple of games. Or so I thought... :w00t:

Yes, I did listen....did you ever listen really early and catch a phonecall from Eric or Mike..the guys who hit the bong while talking to Howard...classsic stuff!....BTW that woman loves it in the BACKDOOR...interesting

-"Who's High-Pitch"

71003[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I thought... but why did they call it "muddy love" ... they can't use the word "anal" anymore?

I mean, i thought what they were talking about was like, pooping on each other (for lack of a more Politically correct way of saying it). . .

Anyway, no, i never heard those guys with the bong. I normally listen from 8:30 - 9:30 on my ride to work. And I often get into near accidents from laughing so hard.

"Hi Daddy"

Then you missed my posts.  His inconsistency last year was evident to anyone who watched more than a couple of games.  Or so I thought...  :w00t:

71004[/snapback]

I did. Sorry.

I thought Shaw was our 2nd best player on offense last year. Now, granted, that's not saying much with these doofuses on offense, but I was really looking forward to seeing Shaw and Drew hooking up a ton this year, while Moulds, and hopefully Evans, clearing the underneath stuff for major gains by Shaw.

Then again, I also thought that this team would be cruising to the playoffs too.

I guess I was wrong.