What is going on in Chicago?

K-Gun10

Source: Urlacher asks for trade

Posted: Friday April 18, 2008 06:13AM ET

One league source says Brian Urlacher's agents have asked the team if they could explore a trade. Another says Urlacher is threatening to retire because of neck and back problems, a move in which he wouldn't have to repay any portion of the $13 million signing bonus he received in 2003, when he received a nine-year, $56.65 million deal.

Chicago Tribune

He's been acting like such a big baby lately. No one put a gun to his head when he signed his extension. There are always malcontents because salaries keep going up. Just shut up and play. Tell the team privately that you're upset and want more money, but that you will still play. Have a good attitude and don't be a distraction. The team must come first. That's the blueprint for success.

Bad example because I hate the Pats, but they are consistently one of the better teams because the team comes first, if you gripe, you get traded. See Dion Branch.

He's been acting like such a big baby lately. No one put a gun to his head when he signed his extension. There are always malcontents because salaries keep going up. Just shut up and play. Tell the team privately that you're upset and want more money, but that you will still play. Have a good attitude and don't be a distraction. The team must come first. That's the blueprint for success.

Bad example because I hate the Pats, but they are consistently one of the better teams because the team comes first, if you gripe, you get traded. See Dion Branch.

You make good points, but most of these guys couldn't care less about the team. It is all about getting the most money they can regardless of anything else.

One league source says Brian Urlacher's agents have asked the team if they could explore a trade. Another says Urlacher is threatening to retire because of neck and back problems, a move in which he wouldn't have to repay any portion of the $13 million signing bonus he received in 2003, when he received a nine-year, $56.65 million deal.

Chicago Tribune

This may have something to do about it...

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/29/...kelly-contract/

The Raiders f'd with every team that has star defensive players with that ridiculous contract for a virtual nobody. A lot of FA nobodies got paid way too much by too many stupid NFL owners.

Chicago Tribune

Huh, my immediate thought was that he is tired of playing for a team that's going no where but backwards.

If you think TE/JP is bad, imagine how you'd like Grossman/Griese/Orton.

Huh, my immediate thought was that he is tired of playing for a team that's going no where but backwards.

I think that it's a combination of everything, including Lance Briggs being resigned, the rediculous contracts, and the fact that he is playing for a team that showed so much promise a few years ago, and now seems to be treading water and sinking fast.

The fascinating thing is that there really are fans of that team who think Orton is the man for the job. Oy!

Yeah, making the super bowl less then 2yrs ago must really suck.

The fascinating thing is that there really are fans of that team who think Orton is the man for the job. Oy!

They are probably saying on their meesage board the same thing about our fans & Losman.

They are probably saying on their meesage board the same thing about our fans & Losman.

:thumbdown: Especially after that "show" Losman put on in Chicago a couple years ago.

Urlacher has a bad back and just saw Briggs get a mega deal. He is after on last huge payday. Considering he is their marquee player, the Bears' backs are against the wall. Chicago is really in terrible shape right now.

Yeah, making the super bowl less then 2yrs ago must really suck.

And how did they do last year?

How would you project them to do this year?

Does it look like the team is moving forwards or backwards?

I didn't say that they have been terrible since he's been there. I said the team was moving backwards. If you can show me something that says they aren't, maybe you'll have a point.

Just goes to show you how delusional fans can be sometimes...to think it has gotten so bad in Buffalo at times, many were believing that Alex Van Pelt was a viable starting NFL QB!

Chicago Tribune

That's not the only team remember. Chad Johnson and Jeremy Shockey are also seeing trades.