Malcolm Kelly on Sirius this morning

Sounded very confident.

Looking forward to proving the rumors and doubters wrong tomorrow.

Bengals are flying him to Cincinnati after the workout. (now that's interesting)

Mentioned the Bills and Vikings when asked about teams interested in him.

...just thought I'd mention since it hadn't been posted yet.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a funny thought. What if Kelly does actually run a superb 40 time, like, say, in the 4.4 range. He MAY not even be there at #11 in that scenario. Not saying I would panic about that, though. If he goes before #11 then someone else will fall to us at 11.

If Kelly does run in that range it would just go to show that there's entirely too much time for bs talk before the draft by the so-called NFL "experts" and fans on NFL message boards. The stock up, stock down, who's a reach and who's not a reach stuff gets a little ridiculous. I can't wait to see what he does tomorrow.

Here's a funny thought. What if Kelly does actually run a superb 40 time, like, say, in the 4.4 range. He MAY not even be there at #11 in that scenario. Not saying I would panic about that, though. If he goes before #11 then someone else will fall to us at 11.

Its just a guess, but I think that he probably will run in the mid 4.4s and will likely have a very good overall workout.

Will he be available when the Bills pick? I think so. Hardy and Sweed have both had excellent combine and Pro Day workouts as well, yet it seemingly hasn't affected their draft stock that much. I don't think it will with Kelly, either. It'll just solidify his spot somewhere in the middle third of the first round, which is where most people seem to expect him to go, anyway.

He would be considered a reach if we took him at 11, so Cincy taking him at nine would seem crazy.

This can only lead to the increased speculation that CJ may be on the move. Cincy already has two 1000-yard receivers.

They'd be dumb to pass on Ellis too, he's a perfect fit for their D, their O is not the problem. This means Ellis probably falls right into our laps and we'd be happy to take him.

If Kelly does run in that range it would just go to show that there's entirely too much time for bs talk before the draft by the so-called NFL "experts" and fans on NFL message boards. The stock up, stock down, who's a reach and who's not a reach stuff gets a little ridiculous. I can't wait to see what he does tomorrow.

That's been the case ever since Mel Kiper started his draft service...it's all spin, baby!

He would be considered a reach if we took him at 11, so Cincy taking him at nine would seem crazy.

This can only lead to the increased speculation that CJ may be on the move. Cincy already has two 1000-yard receivers.

They'd be dumb to pass on Ellis too, he's a perfect fit for their D, their O is not the problem. This means Ellis probably falls right into our laps and we'd be happy to take him.

If the Bengals at 9, Bills at 11, and Vikings at 17 are all genuinely interested in him, maybe its time to re-evaluate whether or not he actually IS a reach at those spots?

OK HERE THE LEFT TURN..WHAT HAPPENS IF HE RUNS 4.6'S ,MY GUESS IS THAT HES RUNNING 4.61

Probably not much. There will likely be some teams that will remove him from their 1st round board on that basis, but others won't change their grade much, if any and base their decisions more on what the player did on the field. For those latter teams, as long as a player meets their minimum cut-off in the 40, it won't be a major issue.

I have been thinking about Chad Johnson and the Bengals as of late and to honest, if the relationship is that bad with him and the team I can really see them taking Kelly. However, I think Desean Jackson would be a nice fit there aswell so to would be Devin Thomas.

I think its also possible that if CJ leaves the Bengals you might see some heat with TJ H........so.....

Things could get interesting the next few weeks. Especially tomorrow if Kelly has a good showing. If he has a good showing and the Bengals pass on him, I still think Buffalo takes him at 11. Call it a reach call it whatever.....But if Kelly can take heat off Evans, and contribute to the offense enough to where the O rates middle of the pack, I think the 11th pick is worth it.

But wait and see........call me crazy call me whatever you wish......But I have Kelly & and another first day WR for the draft on my radar.......

I have thought about that possibility. Were that to occur, who would realisticaly be availabe at WR at our spot in the 2nd? Seems from the various outlets that all of a sudden there seems like there will be a run on WR's in the latter part of the 1st round and on into the 2nd.

If we could get Ellis, one of the top big WR prospects in the 2nd, then I think good cover 2 corners are still to be had in the 3rd. I'd be very happy with this scenario, and then we can deal with TE in the 4th.

I don't see the Bengals taking a wideout before a defensive tackle. The way it looks now, they are going to have Sedrick Ellis fall to them which is a perfect scenario. IF they trade Ocho-Stinko, then they might try to work their way BACK into round 1 to grab a guy like Kelly.

I have thought about that possibility. Were that to occur, who would realisticaly be availabe at WR at our spot in the 2nd? Seems from the various outlets that all of a sudden there seems like there will be a run on WR's in the latter part of the 1st round and on into the 2nd.

If we could get Ellis, one of the top big WR prospects in the 2nd, then I think good cover 2 corners are still to be had in the 3rd. I'd be very happy with this scenario, and then we can deal with TE in the 4th.

While I would be happy with Ellis I think that if this happened then the trade offers would start lighting up the phone.....and we would trade down.

We just brough in 2 veteran DT's......and we have McCargo and Williams in the stable......

I think it is crazy for teams to be changing their boards at this point anyway.......I sure hope the bills are not.

The teams have their boards set. Its the idiots, errr, experts, that keep changing their boards in such a crazy fashion. Bill Polian said a few weeks ago that the combine and the numbers players put up during their pro day have little effect on a players position on the draft board. Maybe a few spots, but thats it. He basically laughed at all the "experts" that have players rising or dropping by more than a round due to the numbers.

If the Bengals took Kelly and Ellis fell to the Saints, I think teams 12-16 would be tripping over themselves to get to New Orleans' #10 spot and grab him. Denver, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona ALL could use Ellis. If I were the Bills and Ellis fell to us somehow, I would look at the trade offers (a 2nd or both a 3rd and 4th could possibly be offered by teams back in the twenties range).

Nooooo! Noooooo! YOU'RE WRONG!!! (Putting hands against ears) LALALA LALALA LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!

The teams have their boards set. Its the idiots, errr, experts, that keep changing their boards in such a crazy fashion. Bill Polian said a few weeks ago that the combine and the numbers players put up during their pro day have little effect on a players position on the draft board. Maybe a few spots, but thats it. He basically laughed at all the "experts" that have players rising or dropping by more than a round due to the numbers.

What the hell does Polian know?! I don't see him on ESPN or posting on a message board. :w00t: