NFL Network's Mike Mayock has Buffalo selecting DRC...

1. Yes, but the most talented player the Bills can take at the eleventh spot, IMO, is DRC.

2. I like Kelly and Hardy.

Time will tell if DRC lives up to the hype that is currently surrounding him. Right now it's all speculation. That's what makes it fun. I can't wait for the draft to get here! :censored:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Would you agree that WR is the biggest need for the Bills?

2. Who do you think are the 2 best WR's available in the draft?

1. I agree that it's the biggest need.

2. Limas Sweed (assuming he is healthy) and Early Doucet are 1 and 2 for me. Kelly/ Thomas are a close 3rd/ 4th.

Malcom Kelly and Limas Sweed, if they are both 100% healthy.

I like Sweed. The only problem I have with Sweed is whenever I see any of his highlights he rarely gets any separation from the DB. Every catch he makes is contested. If he struggles to get separation at the college level, imagine what it would be like for him when he faces CB's in the NFL.

The scary part is that Mayock is usually right.

This pick would be a travesty. The Bills were not a cornerback away from success last season - they were a passrush away from success and a run-stuffer away from success. They went and got themselves a premier run-stuffer. Wasting a high pick on a CB would be a disaster. The Giants proved that you're better off with waves of young, fast, athletic passrushers.

1. I agree that it's the biggest need.

2. Limas Sweed (assuming he is healthy) and Early Doucet are 1 and 2 for me. Kelly/ Thomas are a close 3rd/ 4th.

I like Doucet, but only as a second rounder. He is a great run blocker as well.

This pick would be a travesty. The Bills were not a cornerback away from success last season - they were a passrush away from success and a run-stuffer away from success. They went and got themselves a premier run-stuffer. Wasting a high pick on a CB would be a disaster. The Giants proved that you're better off with waves of young, fast, athletic passrushers.

I disagree. Time will only tell how much of an impact Stroud will have on our pass rush, but I believe it will make life a whole lot easier on Schobel and Kelsay. Stroud isn't just a "run-stuffer".

I like Doucet, but only as a second rounder. He is a great run blocker as well.

This is my thinking:

Trade down in round 1 and get your top rated WR. BPA with the remaning picks.

If we can't find a trade partner, grab a defensive starter in round 1, Doucet in round 2.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I just read that DRC has only one kidney. Shouldn't that be a concern?

Depends. Is it a horshoe kidney? Thats were its in the middle of your back with little protection and its on giant one. I have that and when my doctor did a CAT scan and found it out i had to stop playing contact sports all together. One shot to my kidney and it could fail. If he just had one removed he should be fine so long as it is protected by his ribs

... Reid? Seriously?

Yep, Kutztown. Greatest Bills reciever!

So you would have passed on Randy Moss, Brian Westbrook, Terrance Mcgee, Jeremiah Trotter, Darren Sharper, Kurt Warner, Jimmy Smith, Steve McNair, Jerry Rice, Andre Reed, Matt Birk, Marcellus Wiley, Donald Driver, rashean Mathis, Dexter Coakley, Wayne Chrebet, Jerry Azumah, Adam Timmerman, Adam Vinatieri, Terrel Owens, Michael Strahan, Brian Finneran, Rodney Harrison, Chad Pennington, and Troy Brown? And trust me, there are many more.

And it might surprise you to know that 10.27% of the player in the NFL came from, wait for it.... wait for it... Division 1-AA.

Edit: BTW you always always ALWAYS look at the player, not the school, not the combine numbers (I really don't give a flying :censored: if someone can run 40 yards 0.02 seconds faster than the next guy).

Did he dominate the players lined up across from him? And does he fit in your system? That is what matters.

Good point but who's heard of any of those guys? :devil::huh:

As far as first round receivers go I think Sweed is the only one worth it. If he didn't have the wrist injury he wouldn't be rated where he is. I haven't heard anything bad about the injury so far and if it's healed well then IMO he's the best in the Draft.

I value Mayock's opinion more than any draft analyst out there...on most things. This year, I've seen him be very stubborn to admit he's incorrect. He stuck to his guns on John Carlson being the best TE prospect, even after he ran a 4.9 at the combine. I like Carlson, but Mayock's thinking on the Bills going CB is just that...thinking.

It's the worst kept secret in the league (all right, second worst after Marinelli's admitted Detroit's targeted prospects) that Buffalo is going WR. Unless there's a great DE talent on the board, they've isolated themselves into taking a WR.

the reason its the worst keep secret is that its a glaring need in order to balance the offense s ability to cause mismatchs in the secondary.. that and a tight end that pressures the safties deep wiould make a world of difference to the bills..

i say take limas sweed at one.... best receiver in this draft..

take martellus bennet in second ,biggest and best upside as deep threat .of any tightend.

if they trade up in late first or early second they may have dan connor, jerod mayo, anton cason or even depth at ot

bostons godsen cherilus,one is likely to slip thru

DRC is a special athlete with all the tools to excel at the next level. Size, speed and is one hell of a ball hawk.

The Bills also need to take the cost of a top notch cornerback on the free agent market into consideration. DRC's price will be reasonable for at least 4 to 5 years.

The way Mike Mayock has it, a receiver (Devin Thomas) won't be taken until later on in the first round. If that's true than Buffalo will have a shot at one of the other decent receivers in the draft in the second round such as Mario Manningham, Sweed, Hardy, Kelly or Jackson. The Bills wouldn't even have to waste any picks by moving back up into the first to land one of these guys.

If Buffalo can move back into the second round after taking a receiver they can acquire the best available tight end. After that, I would nab a center, a guard and maybe a end later in the draft.

If this were to happen, I feel the Bills will have a legit chance of finally making it back to the playoffs.

Mario Manningham wasn't even the best WR on his team. I would't want him until the fifth round if not lower. Adrian Arrington is a better, more reliable target

So you'll probably go ape sh-- when they pick Brandon Flowers! :ph34r:

"Flowers, who is keeping a draft diary for the players association's Web site, wrote in an entry Thursday he's met with the Buffalo Bills and has been scheduled for visits with a dozen more teams, including Tampa Bay, Washington and New Orleans. All of those teams own a first-round pick at least nine spots ahead of the Packers."

"The visit with the Bills went really well. I jelled really well with the coaches—we just played games and ate dinner the first night I got there. The coaches were really relaxed. On the second day, we just went into the office and talked football. They love to coach and I love to play, so we jelled really well. I met with the head coach, defensive coordinator, defensive backs coach, special teams coach and strength coach. Basically, almost everybody that’s a part of their staff up there. It wasn’t nerve-wracking at all; I was looking forward to it."

i don't think the evidence supports your position as much as you think it does.

in 06 the bills had a good pass rush (#8), the giants did not have the pass rush they have now.

in 07 the bills had a terrible pass rush, the giants had a dominant pass rush.

the bills lost zero linemen, but did lose the highest paid corner ever. the giants added good corners (rook and madison got healthy).

it all counts, the DEs help the CBs and the CBs help the DEs. the most important position on any given pass play is the guy covering the wideouts. if uncovered the wideouts will kill you ever time. it's simple, but it's not as simple as only the passrush counts.

it all counts, the DEs help the CBs and the CBs help the DEs. the most important position on any given pass play is the guy covering the wideouts. if uncovered the wideouts will kill you ever time. it's simple, but it's not as simple as only the passrush counts.

Funny thing is, no one ever mentions that the Giants gave up 5 more TD passes than the Bills this past season. The Bills gave up more yardage, sure, but a big part of that is because opponents threw the ball a bit more often against them. The yards allowed per attempt was the same (7.0). The Bills also had more interceptions. That's not to say that the Bills were better than the Giants in pass D, they weren't, but that this idea that the Giants pass rush consistently shut down opposing passing attacks is nuts. It worked well in the playoffs, but in the regular season, the Giants actually allowed more TD passes than the Bills entire offense scored last year.

The big difference was actually in run defense, where the Giants allowed only 3.8 yards per rush compared to our 4.4.