NFL Network's Mike Mayock has Buffalo selecting DRC...

DRC is a special athlete with all the tools to excel at the next level. Size, speed and is one hell of a ball hawk.

The Bills also need to take the cost of a top notch cornerback on the free agent market into consideration. DRC's price will be reasonable for at least 4 to 5 years.

The way Mike Mayock has it, a receiver (Devin Thomas) won't be taken until later on in the first round. If that's true than Buffalo will have a shot at one of the other decent receivers in the draft in the second round such as Mario Manningham, Sweed, Hardy, Kelly or Jackson. The Bills wouldn't even have to waste any picks by moving back up into the first to land one of these guys.

If Buffalo can move back into the second round after taking a receiver they can acquire the best available tight end. After that, I would nab a center, a guard and maybe a end later in the draft.

If this were to happen, I feel the Bills will have a legit chance of finally making it back to the playoffs.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree the Bills need a CB sometime in the draft, they have 2 decent corners in McGee and Greer, William James who will compete with Greer for starting CB, and Youboty--the jury is still out on this guy, but he did make some plays late in the season. Being 4 deep at CB and playing the Tampa 2 defense does not warrant the Bills taking a CB that early.

I see the draft going a few ways. Every one knows they need a big receiver early as in the 1st or 2nd round. Ideally, a trade with Minnesota who desperately needs a DE, down to #17 and still have the pick of any receiver you want

or

Say the heck with trades like the past 2 years when they "reached" for there current cornerstone players Lynch and Whitner and take the WR you want.

or

Take a talent like Harvey at #11, because the DE's are getting long in the tooth, just don't expect him to be the next coming of Bruce Smith, if he was he would be going in the Top 5. I accually think a DE early next year would be more viable.

but CB in the 1st round, I just don't see it with this team.

I would really be surprised if the Bills traded down their pick. I really believe that they have a player targeted and will stay there to ensure that they get him. I would love a trade down of a few spots for an additional late 2nd or early 3rd round pick but I can't see it happening. Personally, I would love to see some offensive weapons added to supplement our improved defense. We can't solve all of the team's problems this offseason. Let's get some young talent on the O to help keep the D off of the field for so many plays. Plus, it would be nice as a fan to actually see them score a TD occassionally!

I would really be surprised if the Bills traded down their pick. I really believe that they have a player targeted and will stay there to ensure that they get him. I would love a trade down of a few spots for an additional late 2nd or early 3rd round pick but I can't see it happening. Personally, I would love to see some offensive weapons added to supplement our improved defense. We can't solve all of the team's problems this offseason. Let's get some young talent on the O to help keep the D off of the field for so many plays. Plus, it would be nice as a fan to actually see them score a TD occassionally!

They always seem to have about 3 players they are interested in at their pick. If an offer is put in one of them should fall to them. I'd love to see them drop back. It seems the grades on the first round picks around and after the 11th pick are close enough to warrant a trade. I'd love to see them get another 3rd round pick.

While I agree the Bills need a CB sometime in the draft, they have 2 decent corners in McGee and Greer, William James who will compete with Greer for starting CB, and Youboty--the jury is still out on this guy, but he did make some plays late in the season. Being 4 deep at CB and playing the Tampa 2 defense does not warrant the Bills taking a CB that early.

I see the draft going a few ways. Every one knows they need a big receiver early as in the 1st or 2nd round. Ideally, a trade with Minnesota who desperately needs a DE, down to #17 and still have the pick of any receiver you want

or

Say the heck with trades like the past 2 years when they "reached" for there current cornerstone players Lynch and Whitner and take the WR you want.

or

Take a talent like Harvey at #11, because the DE's are getting long in the tooth, just don't expect him to be the next coming of Bruce Smith, if he was he would be going in the Top 5. I accually think a DE early next year would be more viable.

but CB in the 1st round, I just don't see it with this team.

I agree, the Bills do have a decent set of corners and we play a cover 2 that doesn't really need a great shut down cornerback, but because of their lack of size these guys have a difficult time guarding big receivers such as Moss and Walker. I'm not saying that DRC can guard Moss one on one, not yet, but he will be able to soon enough.

We have solid corners on the Bills roster? Did you guys see how bad our pass defense got torched at times last year? I know we had injuries on defense, but there's no excuse for what we had happen at times. Our DB's had a total of 12 INT's, BETWEEN ALL OF THEM. Our opponents completed 64% of their passes against us for close to 4,000 yards of our opponents offense. Our pass defense sucked. McGee is a solid #2 CB, but doesn't match up well against the taller guys in the league and has the tendency to get beat deep at times because of that. This is why Clements always played the other team's #1 WR, because McGee is not a #1 CB. Greer showed alot of improvement this year and no game showed that more than the Monday night game against Dallas. He's a good fit as a Nickel DB. William James is nothing more than another Jabari Greer. We need a CB and a good one.