There's rumors circulating at the owners' meetings that

It might be good insurance to keep JP around for another year or so. What's he worth? Maybe a 5th round pick?

I could most teams offering that. I think the Bills would ask for a third tho. Its hard to ignore his one season where he was the 11th ranked passer and took every snap. the Bills would be dumb to dump him for less than mid third. But thats just me

Bill i think this is where you come in :thumbsup:

I would think that the Packers would be more interested in Losman more than Feeley. If so, this is where the Bills might land up with that big WR that they were looking for in Ruvell Martin. I wouldn't do it straight up but if they threw in their 5th rder that might a fair trade for all parties concerned. If you look at the Packers depth/roster chart you'll see that they don't have much, if at all, experience at the back up QB position outside of Nall. I could see the Packers having interest in an experienced QB like Losman as a back up to Rodgers.

I could most teams offering that. I think the Bills would ask for a third tho. Its hard to ignore his one season where he was the 11th ranked passer and took every snap. the Bills would be dumb to dump him for less than mid third. But thats just me

Bill i think this is where you come in :thumbsup:

I agree. Anything less than a 3rd isn't worth it.

I would think that the Packers would be more interested in Losman more than Feeley. If so, this is where the Bills might land up with that big WR that they were looking for in Ruvell Martin. I wouldn't do it straight up but if they threw in their 5th rder that might a fair trade for all parties concerned. If you look at the Packers depth/roster chart you'll see that they don't have much, if at all, experience at the back up QB position outside of Nall. I could see the Packers having interest in an experienced QB like Losman as a back up to Rodgers.

I gotta totally disagree here. Rogers is the Packers guy and their future (or so they hope). The last thing they want to do is bring in a young QB to compete for the job. Feely is a career backup (except in Miami :thumbsup: ) and seems content with that role. Add to that, he has learned from one of the best and could be a solid veteran mentor. Additionally, Feely played amazing against the PAts*. Has Losman ever looked even like a real NFL QB against them???

Mark it down: Losman isn't going anywhere and will be the Bills backup QB. I think this is a good thing for the team because the options out there are few and far between.

I gotta totally disagree here. Rogers is the Packers guy and their future (or so they hope). The last thing they want to do is bring in a young QB to compete for the job. Feely is a career backup (except in Miami :thumbsup: ) and seems content with that role. Add to that, he has learned from one of the best and could be a solid veteran mentor. Additionally, Feely played amazing against the PAts*. Has Losman ever looked even like a real NFL QB against them???

Mark it down: Losman isn't going anywhere and will be the Bills backup QB. I think this is a good thing for the team because the options out there are few and far between.

Look at their QB depth. Who in the world would risk going through a season with that line-up? Sh--, we even booted Nall. Their GM Ted Thompson even stated that there is an advantage to having some experience at this position. Igt might not be Losman but I believe that it will be somebody other than what they currently have.

GM Ted Thompson feels there is an advantage to having some experience in a back up QB. I think that we can start expecting the market to heat up for JP.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1989/frontpage

The Packers interested in JP...hmm.....maybe we can give them JP and our 4th round pick to get there 3rd round pick.

I gotta totally disagree here. Rogers is the Packers guy and their future (or so they hope). The last thing they want to do is bring in a young QB to compete for the job. Feely is a career backup (except in Miami :blink: ) and seems content with that role. Add to that, he has learned from one of the best and could be a solid veteran mentor. Additionally, Feely played amazing against the PAts*. Has Losman ever looked even like a real NFL QB against them???

I can't see the Bills shipping JP to any team that's going to use him as a backup.

What team wants him as their starter?

Atlanta or Baltimore, maybe. I just don't think JP would want to go to another team that will make him a backup. I think he'd rather stay in Buffalo instead. It's a contract year for him and I believe he wants to start to get the big payday if he does well.

Atlanta or Baltimore, maybe. I just don't think JP would want to go to another team that will make him a backup. I think he'd rather stay in Buffalo instead. It's a contract year for him and I believe he wants to start to get the big payday if he does well.

I don't like Losman as a starter, but I do feel that he probably is our best bet as a backup. I just hope that he is humbled by the apparent lack of interest in him from around the league and accepts the role. He very well may get an opportunity to prove himself yet again this season, so I think Losman staying as a backup is best for both parties.

I think Atlanta is a good fit for JP- I think Atlanta will use their 1st on a lineman and one of their 2nds on a QB- JP could be a good transition QB for them- while they get a young QB ready- Rodney White is their #1 WR which leaves Laurent Robinson and Michael Jenkins fighting for #2 and #3 - Robinson 6,2 with 4.37 speed has more upside but Jenkins 6,4 has been a good redzone target getting 7 TDs in 2006 and 4TDs in 2007- either one would upgrade our WRs

If I recall right, the Packers were interested in JP when he came out. He does have some Favre like qualities(and Farvre like flaws). He might be a good fit in GB, especially since Favre needs to be replaced and I am not sure how good Aaron Rodgers is.

EDIT- I just checked and Rogers had a very nice game against the Cowboys. I think they are looking for a good backup

If I recall right, the Packers were interested in JP when he came out. He does have some Favre like qualities(and Farvre like flaws). He might be a good fit in GB, especially since Favre needs to be replaced and I am not sure how good Aaron Rodgers is.

I understand what you're saying but Rogers was essentially picked in the same spot as JP in the 1st. Especially after how Rogers looked against the Cowboys. Rogers doesn't have the resume of 4 years of very uneven QB play (not all his fault but still).

And for all the talk of Atlanta and Baltimore, both are most likely gonna pick a QB. And Losman probably isn't an upgrade to Chris Redman at this point for Atlanta to spend a pick. I feel bad for JP, but this was probably his best chance to start in the NFL. Personally, I think the team that makes the most sense in a trade is Miami. There's no way they can draft a QB #1 but I think Beck looks like a career backup. That said, it would make sense to trade a 4th (or so combo) rounder to take a shot with JP.

unless agreeing to an extension was part of the deal JP really doesnt have a choice on where he ends up

unless agreeing to an extension was part of the deal JP really doesnt have a choice on where he ends up

Why would any team want to trade for a player who will be unhappy to be a backup ? If a deal happens, it has to be a win-win for all parties concerned - the Bills, the new team and JP. This year, I am sure JP would rather be a backup in Buffalo than on any other team.