Anyone know what the holdup is with re-signing Evans?

I partly agree with what you are saying. However, I do think there is ample scope to have two excellent receivers on the team. From that perspective, the front office should not be gun-shy with respect to signing Lee now. BTW, he is under contract for the next two years (not just this year as you mentioned).

I have to disagree with others who said that the front office is busy with draft preps. But the ones responsible for draft boards and those in charge of contracts should be different, no ? Even if they need to have the others' input, it seems logical to me that getting a contract done for one player while the scouts and coaches are strategizing for the draft, should be do-able. And I don't know where the 'one, two day' comment originates from but it has been a fairly long time since the season ended and a few weeks since we made the quick FA moves. There have been plenty of days to negotiate a contract. For all we know, both sides are working on the negotiations.

Brandon and Wilson would have to be a party to the contracts and they are involved in the draft and his agent is as well too. I really don't think this is unusual. As someone mentioned Evans may only be seeking a deal that ends just before the potential uncapped year and I'm sure Buffalo wouldn't be so willing to do that.

Just throwing this out there for the sake of argument so don't get your shorts bunched in a wad.

What if the Bills look at Evans as too one-dimensional for their tastes?

GO BILLS!!!

have they even started negotiating yet? I would hope they aren't trying to extend him right now and are focusing more on FA and the upcoming draft first, work out an extension during Training Camp, or the season. They have more important things to be worried about right now.

I'm sure they can walk and chew gun just fine. I'll bet Modrak is concentrating on the draft while Overdorf and others will handle contracts.

I'm sure they can walk and chew gun just fine. I'll bet Modrak is concentrating on the draft while Overdorf and others will handle contracts.

I'm sure they can, but can they walk and chew gum while also reading, and drinking a coffee?

Right now their focus should be on FA and the Draft, nothing else. Evans isn't going anywhere at the moment and should not be a priority until after that is done. Weither he has an extension worked out now, or before the season starts won't matter, so why take away focus from something as important as the draft?

this is pretty funny. The fans are wondering what the hold up is with getting LE extended when the man is under contract. There are so many different scenarios which could be playing out; waiting until the draft and seeing who/how much we pay a rookie WR, waiting till the season is underway and seeing how LE performs, waiting on the CBA outcome, ...you name it.

The current Bills FO have also shown that they have no problem extending their star's contracts during the season (Peters, Schobel, etc.)

You're in a hurry, but maybe the FO doesn't think we need to git 'r done so quickly. :thumbsup:

this is pretty funny. The fans are wondering what the hold up is with getting LE extended when the man is under contract. There are so many different scenarios which could be playing out; waiting until the draft and seeing who/how much we pay a rookie WR, waiting till the season is underway and seeing how LE performs, waiting on the CBA outcome, ...you name it.

The current Bills FO have also shown that they have no problem extending their star's contracts during the season (Peters, Schobel, etc.)

You're in a hurry, but maybe the FO doesn't think we need to git 'r done so quickly. :thumbsup:

Exactly i don't see any problem here. If he wants to be here he will sign a deal soon

I would bet that Evans wants to see what kind of offense they are running and what kind of quarterbacking he is getting. He is really in the driver seat here. He was smart to wait it out and his worth probably shot up about 10 million dollars in the last month because of the stupid deals that Porter and Berrian and the free agents signed. There are always ten factors involved, some in favor of the player and some in favor of the team. Right now, it's an extremely difficult decision for Evans, as well as the Bills, as to how much he is worth.

I'm sure they can, but can they walk and chew gum while also reading, and drinking a coffee?

Right now their focus should be on FA and the Draft, nothing else. Evans isn't going anywhere at the moment and should not be a priority until after that is done. Weither he has an extension worked out now, or before the season starts won't matter, so why take away focus from something as important as the draft?

Well, you did not mention the reading and coffee. That changes everything. I'm not worried about Evans contract, either. I agree he should not be a priority right now.

The Fitzgerald deal was a shocker. The Market below him needs to stabilize. The Bills are a conservative team with cap dollars. I am sure they want to see how the draft goes.

From the Bills point of view I might sign my number 2 this year. And look at next years draft. If there is a great WR available who could be number 1 take him. If not use the Franchise tag until you can replace him.

i agree about the o and qb. he wants to see what our team is like. IMO he is likely to get 80 for 1300+ and some TDs, so after that he will like it here and we'll re up for about 8-9 a year and 30 upfront. if we do it during the season (along w peters) that will be great as it uses up our cash this year, and lets us go out and sign or extend guys again.

You're right - what is taking so long? These $50-60 million deals should take no more than what, a day or two?

And they just thought of resigning Evans last night then?

Then again, on the other hand our front office is so on top of things, right?

You're right - what is taking so long? These $50-60 million deals should take no more than what, a day or two?

Put yourself in his shoes. If you were a top WR, or at least could be one, would you want to sign away your best years to play in Buffalo under the current circumstances?

If you answer yes then you're a liar.