Good article on NFL.com

Ok, since we are talking about Crazy Ralph being correct. The potential strike may be a way the Bills could stay in Buffalo.

Before I get flogged, hear me out on this:

The Bills are a suffering small market team that have trouble generating revenue in proportion to the majority of the other 31 teams. Now if a strike were to happen between the players and owners, you can safely bet that no one makes any $.

If all teams aren't making money, this helps the Bills in relation to the league-wide bottom line. After the strike, the fans may not be as enthusiastic to show up to these games meaning ticket prices may plummet, especially the luxury boxes. This will help the poorer teams like the Bengals, Bills, Jags, and Colts.

With the poorer teams having a competitive balance, the Bills would be able to benefit like the Sabres did from the NHL strike. So, I am rooting for an ugly players' strike to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

And don't kid yourself, Ralph's wealthy beyond reason too. He as well can feel free to open his books anytime. My guess is that the reason he doesn't is because our jaws would drop to the floor. He's probably on the low end in comparison to the other teams, but well off otherwise.

No one has ever questioned his wealth or the profits he makes from the Bills. It is the disparity in revenue from big markets and the lack of a revenue sharing plan with the current CBA.

Golic works with ESPN- they will just convince the lemmings that they are right and reality is wrong....thats how it works in their world

The media guys are ex players who are ex union members by definition. Even the coach's tend to be biased toward the players and not the owners.

And who represents the fans?

........................And who represents the fans?

Ha, finally got to the one and only party who suffers to weight of the players and owners battles. Yet, we do have a choice, stop going to the games, and turn off the TV, and stop buying NFL licensed merchandise. Bleak as that sounds, that's about the only options available to the Fan....

IMO, the NFL got too big too fast. A good indicator is the meteoric rise of the salary cap. Just ten years ago, the cap stood at 52.4M. It's approximately 116.7M in 2008, or a 122% increase in ten years. Just three years ago the cap was 85.5M, or a 37% in three seasons. If there was any doubt about this CBA, it was in 2006 when the cap zoomed from 85.5M to 102M, or almost a 20% increase in one season. Looking back, I can see how the small market owners realized there was no end in sight. Unfortunately, not all the small market owners realized this and went along like lemmings into the mess they're in now. Tagliabue and the owners were out-done by Upshaw and the union, plain and simple.

Commish: re cap increase

I remember one of the resident morons on ESPN radio, Mike Golic was mocking Wilson at the time. Dolic should stick to what he is good at, which is eating donuts. There is a reason I don't bother listening to those idiots anymore. They are almost as bad as the no-nothings on WGR 55

Golic should eat himself to death on nutrisystem.

I remember one of the resident morons on ESPN radio, Mike Golic was mocking Wilson at the time. Dolic should stick to what he is good at, which is eating donuts. There is a reason I don't bother listening to those idiots anymore. They are almost as bad as the no-nothings on WGR 55

For what it's worth, another resident ESPN radio "moron" - Eric Kuselius - was about the only ESPN guy who stood up for Ralph. When Ralph was asked why he voted against the deal, he said that he didn't understand the deal and couldn't review it in the 45 minutes he was given - and sounded like an old codgery fool.

Kuselius praised him, arguing that if you were a business owner and had just 45 minutes to make a major decision that affects everything you've built, you'd vote it down, too.

Eric Kuselius was probably the only guy I've ever listened to on ESPN radio that actually took an unbiased stance on the issues. This is probably why he's nowhere to be found now.

Ok, since we are talking about Crazy Ralph being correct. The potential strike may be a way the Bills could stay in Buffalo.

Before I get flogged, hear me out on this:

The Bills are a suffering small market team that have trouble generating revenue in proportion to the majority of the other 31 teams. Now if a strike were to happen between the players and owners, you can safely bet that no one makes any $.

If all teams aren't making money, this helps the Bills in relation to the league-wide bottom line. After the strike, the fans may not be as enthusiastic to show up to these games meaning ticket prices may plummet, especially the luxury boxes. This will help the poorer teams like the Bengals, Bills, Jags, and Colts.

With the poorer teams having a competitive balance, the Bills would be able to benefit like the Sabres did from the NHL strike. So, I am rooting for an ugly players' strike to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

In theory maybe, but, this will not happen. The demand for seats in places like Dallas and Washington will never match the availability. In those places, people will pay the going rates. And much like the NHL strike, and the earlier MLB strike, people will come back.

Adam, I certainly don't agree with 98% of anything that you usually say....... :nana: ...........lol.........but yeah, you are right. Even worse than Golic was Colin Cownerd. He absolutely ripped Wilson and stuck with it for weeks on end. It will be interesting to see if he'll change his tune if Ralph proves to be right.

Ralph basically said and was worried about three things, as far as I read and recall.

His first response was that he didn't understand it. That is why he was ridiculed by the national and some local press and some fans. It was really how he publicly announced his problems with it that made people jump all over him, rather than the fact he wasn't for it. He said it was hastily put together and he turned out to be right. Some of those guys didn't understand what they were signing.

His main beef was that the revenue sharing was not clearly laid out in the agreement and he worried that when it came down to it, he and the small market teams were going to get screwed out. That hissy fit (which I thought was smart even though IMO he was crying poor when he wasn't) got him the politicians and later Goodell involved and then he got almost everything he wanted. Which was great for the Bills. Then he went out and immediately spent more than 80% of the other teams in FA in 2007.

His third worry was the most prescient, which is what the other guys are worried about now, but Ralph was concerned for different reasons than the big guys. Ralph worried that the players got too much of the pie which was connected to the salary cap. He worried that the new stadiums, and local monies generated by the larger clubs that went into the total pie would make the cap rise too much, would make it more difficult for him and smaller cities to compete because they paid a bigger percentage of their income out in salaries. The owners now are worried that the players get too much of the pie but only for their own selfish reasons, not what Ralph was worried about.

It turns out that he was right about all three things, they didn't understand it (although he didn't either), 2] it lacked the specific language in revenue sharing that has since been cleared up and to his satisfaction, and 3] the players were given too much percentage of the total pie (although, again, for different reasons most of the other guys are).

In theory maybe, but, this will not happen. The demand for seats in places like Dallas and Washington will never match the availability. In those places, people will pay the going rates. And much like the NHL strike, and the earlier MLB strike, people will come back.

I would wager that the bulk of purchased seats in DC are done by your tax dollar, not by individuals. Same as in Dallas, more than likely corporate purchases that are then distributed to employees, vendors and customers