Good article on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=3...mp;confirm=true

If that URL proves to be messed-up, go to the NFL homepage, and click through the lead articles in the upper left corner.

Tagliabue, in some circles, is being hammered for leading the owners into a deal that turned sour. They followed his leadership even when they had their own doubts in the message. Not fair at all. On many past issues, the owners did not give Tagliabue such blind faith. It is wrong to blame him for the 30 "yea" votes. The 30 owners who approved this deal are among the most independent thinkers in America.

Who saw then what the majority of the group sees now? Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson and Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown.

This is interesting because both have been labeled in past years by critics as slightly out of touch and too small-market minded. But Wilson and Brown can fairly assert that their voices should have made more impact.

Yeah... it figures... But as usual, the Bengals and Bills are laughed at and made fun of for not being in the majority... and the press doesn't even need a reason to turn on the Bills.... But, what do ya know, turns out Ralph had a point...

Hey, I say let the NFL bring itself down with its own hubris.... may be a wake-up call... they'll never listen to a guy like Ralph Wilson anyway... He owns a small-market team... what does he know?

I remember one of the resident morons on ESPN radio, Mike Golic was mocking Wilson at the time. Dolic should stick to what he is good at, which is eating donuts. There is a reason I don't bother listening to those idiots anymore. They are almost as bad as the no-nothings on WGR 55

I wonder when everyone is going to come out and apologize to Wilson.

Golic works with ESPN- they will just convince the lemmings that they are right and reality is wrong....thats how it works in their world

There are many on this BB that owe RW an apology after what they posted about his response to the CBA. Everything from 'he's senile" to "what an embarrassment" to "he's just crying poverty" yada yada yada.

Crazy like a fox.

GO BILLS!!!

There are many on this BB that owe RW an apology after what they posted about his response to the CBA. Everything from 'he's senile" to "what an embarrassment" to "he's just crying poverty" yada yada yada.

Crazy like a fox.

GO BILLS!!!

Too true. I have a feeling the :) ers who were so vocal then won't be so vocal now. :P

You mean the media or the people on the message boards? ;)

Crazy like a fox.

GO BILLS!!!

Indeed. Ah, to have some of those posts back...

Hey, waitaminute. That was the beginning of March 2006. They should still be here.

Be right back...

:nana:

Good work, Lori :nana:

I remember when it all went down...some of us had faith that Ralph had good reasons for voting against that CBA and a lot of people attacked him without thinking

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=3...mp;confirm=true

If that URL proves to be messed-up, go to the NFL homepage, and click through the lead articles in the upper left corner.

At this point it's all about greed on both sides. This isn't the '80s in the NFL anymore. There's far more than enough money to go around and going around in the NFL.

I don't feel sorry for anyone on either side of this anymore. They're all rich. Many of the players would have $9.00/hour jobs washing dishes if they didn't get millions annuallly to play football. They should be grateful that they aren't making $20K/yr. As to the owners, they fly around the country in their suits watching the games from their suites and are loaded to the extent that they don't even share their team's finances probably because they're so astronomically greater than we even think.

Good work, Lori :nana:

I remember when it all went down...some of us had faith that Ralph had good reasons for voting against that CBA and a lot of people attacked him without thinking

And don't kid yourself, Ralph's wealthy beyond reason too. He as well can feel free to open his books anytime. My guess is that the reason he doesn't is because our jaws would drop to the floor. He's probably on the low end in comparison to the other teams, but well off otherwise.