2008 Bills Offense

Frez

It's nice to know we're writing off this season BEFORE the draft even takes place. That's definitely a new record.

Who's "writing" off the season?

AD, is that all you do around here? You're always the first to criticize. Do you ever add something positive or even start a thread?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I get an Amen.

Is it too much to ask for somebody whose willing to throw the ball on 1st down?

PLEASE, Turk...even if you're still telegraphing plays, not using rollouts, not throwing to the running backs, not spreading the offense...at least be willing to throw on 1st down from time to time. :thumbsup:

AD, is that all you do around here? You're always the first to criticize. Do you ever add something positive or even start a thread?

Holy hypocritical posts, Batman. I guess I should've taken the "Our offense still sucks!" and "another year of 3 and outs" as an overwhelmingly positive look at a season that actually starts in FIVE MONTHS. It's certainly can't be criticism...

:thumbsup:

Chicken Little is crowing early this year.

Holy hypocritical posts, Batman. I guess I should've taken the "Our offense still sucks!" and "another year of 3 and outs" as an overwhelmingly positive look at a season that actually starts in FIVE MONTHS. It's certainly can't be criticism...

:thumbsup:

Chicken Little is crowing early this year.

You win again buddy.

Also, Edwards will have valuable time to gel with the 1st team offense AND will actually be allowed to audiblize.

I think the importance of this facet to the offense has been greatly overlooked.

How the hell could any offense expect to be consistently productive when they aren't given the option to look over the defensive and make changes to counter the look? I think that issue, more than anything else, should reveal why Losman is no longer # 1. The coaches quite obviously have no confidence in his ability to read defenses and be a field general. They're trading Losman's wheels for Edwards' brain and hoping that this will be the cure for the larthargic offensive production.

Can you imagine Jim Kelly not being allowed to call an audible?Kitna couldn't read defense ?Kurt Warner couldn't read defense?This was the same thing that Martz did when he was offense coordinater for Rams,he didn't let qb audiblize.That where Fairchild learned it from.Its the way they run they're offense.

Also, Edwards will have valuable time to gel with the 1st team offense AND will actually be allowed to audiblize.

I think the importance of this facet to the offense has been greatly overlooked.

How the hell could any offense expect to be consistently productive when they aren't given the option to look over the defensive and make changes to counter the look? I think that issue, more than anything else, should reveal why Losman is no longer # 1. The coaches quite obviously have no confidence in his ability to read defenses and be a field general. They're trading Losman's wheels for Edwards' brain and hoping that this will be the cure for the larthargic offensive production.

Can you imagine Jim Kelly not being allowed to call an audible?

Kitna couldn"t read defense?Kurt Warner couldn't read defense?This was the same thing that Martz did when he was offensive coordinater for Rams and Lions.He didn't let qb audiblize.Thats where Fairchild learned it from.Its the way they run they're offense

The Bills offense from the 2007 season has not changed one bit for the 2008 season. Yup we have a different offense cord, big deal. The Bills better add some playmakers to this offense or it's going to be 3 and out all over again! :thumbsup:

Adding one rookie WR to this team in 2008 is like peeing in Lake Ontario and trying to raise the water level. :)

NONSENSE!!!!!!!!! Losman's going to regain the starting job and make us forget about his regression in 07. just ask his fans. :)

That would be nice. But, I am one who sincerely believes the talent on offense was HORRIBLY misused by Fairchild.

Agreed on both counts. An offensive-minded draft, with opportunities for audibles, plus more weapons out in patterns more often.

Plus Lynch throwing from the handoff once a game! :)

Do you have a much more important thread to add? Hey, how about another mock draft thread. Why don't you post yours and we can go over it 150 times?

:)

Well, I suppose I could have put "LAMP" in size-7 font...but that's just so gauche. :P

Is it too much to ask for somebody whose willing to throw the ball on 1st down?

PLEASE, Turk...even if you're still telegraphing plays, not using rollouts, not throwing to the running backs, not spreading the offense...at least be willing to throw on 1st down from time to time. :)

I would offer that the single biggest problem for our offense was the telegraphing of plays, couple that with no audibles, and how would anyone expect results? I've said it plenty of times before, but when I'm sitting on my couch watching the game and I know exactly what play is called before the snap of the ball; you know darn well the defenses know.

Simply mixing the play calling up a little and giving the QB the ability to audible will improve the offense over last season's showing.

It's still early, but trading Fairchild for Schonert is hardly something to start slobbering knobs about. Schonert has, quite literally, done absolutely nothing as an NFL OC.

Don't interject facts like this. Everyone knows a monkey with a clipboard would, automatically produce results. Just because he isn't Fairchild.

Like a select few people, I really don't think the talent on this offense is "that bad". Just really misused. It would be nice, to use parrish, on some quick screens, slants, and hitches. Letting him use his elusiveness, to get yards after the catch. Let Reed work the slot, and the middle of the field to move the chains. As far as Evans goes, with all his speed, he isn't all that adept at getting yards after the catch, unless he has a db smoked. Let him do what he does best, working the deep outs, posts, and fly patterns. While picking up a receiving te to work the seems, and in the redzone. A Fred Davis, or Martellus Bennett. Who imho would have much more of a positive impact. Then any "#2" wr ever could.

It's still early, but trading Fairchild for Schonert is hardly something to start slobbering knobs about. Schonert has, quite literally, done absolutely nothing as an NFL OC.

It is still early, but if we want to play that game, picking up Stroud could have been a huge waste too, he has been hurt and hasn't played like his former self in a bit

The only thing that we can look forward to is that he isn't Fairchild, who was horrible, and if you watched the games this year, its not hard to see that it was a problem. And we have faith that Turk will do better because although he doesn't have an extensive resume (all coaches have to start out somewhere), he has said in interviews and stated that he understands where the faults were last year and will be going in a differnt direction in those areas, and implementing things that should fix what the problems were last year. There isn't much else he can do

Don't interject facts like this. Everyone knows a monkey with a clipboard would, automatically produce results. Just because he isn't Fairchild.

I like this one: "All monkeys can write HTML."

Like a select few people, I really don't think the talent on this offense is "that bad". Just really misused. It would be nice, to use parrish, on some quick screens, slants, and hitches. Letting him use his elusiveness, to get yards after the catch. Let Reed work the slot, and the middle of the field to move the chains. As far as Evans goes, with all his speed, he isn't all that adept at getting yards after the catch, unless he has a db smoked. Let him do what he does best, working the deep outs, posts, and fly patterns. While picking up a receiving te to work the seems, and in the redzone. A Fred Davis, or Martellus Bennett. Who imho would have much more of a positive impact. Then any "#2" wr ever could.

I agree with the misuse. Fairchild was certifiable clueless with his square pegs and round holes approach to coaching. But, I have got to extend some blame to the Teflon Dick even though it ain't gonna stick for letting it get so bad and never stepping in. In fact, he was handed a golden opportunity to have Turk "interview under fire" and simply passed on it in order to keep the status quo on the worst offense in franchise history. WTF?

On the bright side, the Bills gave up a record low number of sacks. :P On the other hand, only Detriot and the 49ers were worse on 3rd down. :)

It is still early, but if we want to play that game, picking up Stroud could have been a huge waste too, he has been hurt and hasn't played like his former self in a bit

Well, the fact is that it may indeed be a waste.

But that's not stopping anybody from exclaiming that the Buffalo defense is fixed.

The only thing that we can look forward to is that he isn't Fairchild, who was horrible, and if you watched the games this year, its not hard to see that it was a problem. And we have faith that Turk will do better because although he doesn't have an extensive resume (all coaches have to start out somewhere), he has said in interviews and stated that he understands where the faults were last year and will be going in a differnt direction in those areas, and implementing things that should fix what the problems were last year. There isn't much else he can do

Read my last post in this thread. Jauron passed on an opportunity to see what Schonert could do last year. So, we go into this year with a total unknown. Sure, he has confidence (good) and is talking the right smack - the "we gotta get better" mantra that every coach taking over a lifeless clusterfluck says. Nobody expects anything much else.

Still, this hire was hardly a coup for Jauron and the Bills. Once again, the Bills are placing their woeful offense in the hands of a rookie. On the other hand, they haven't done any better with the Gilbride, Pendry, Henning, Fairchild parade (experience and systems galore) route either.

Hopefully, Turk is more results and less lip service as actual football games get played.