Sabres doing something?

Cugalabanza

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be worse. Could be the Caps. Three points out of the division lead, three points out of the playoffs.

This is such a bizarre season.

With a goalscorer that has 56 goals and 100 points yet not good enough to be the MVP because his team isn't in the playoffs.

This is such a bizarre season.

I agree. I lost touch of the season for a bit there because the Sabres were sucking and life was kind of getting in the way. Then I checked the standing last week and saw Montreal on the top in the east. :thumbsup:

I agree. I lost touch of the season for a bit there because the Sabres were sucking and life was kind of getting in the way. Then I checked the standing last week and saw Montreal on the top in the east. :thumbsup:

Yeah baby!!!!!

Tampa Bay must've done something seriously bad to Thomas Vanek at some point. This is the second game in a row where Vanek has buried Tampa Bay late to cap off a huge comeback.

Second consecutive game vs TB in which Vanek has tallied a hat trick in the 3rd period/OT

Basically, the east sucks. Or at least the NHL won't take the right steps so that the hockey played out east might actually stand a chance in the finals.

With a goalscorer that has 56 goals and 100 points yet not good enough to be the MVP because his team isn't in the playoffs.

Because they are a team dependent on euro's. They will never be a great team. Especially in the playoffs. IF they even make it.

Bet you they don't make the finals...

This anti euro thing is a joke... and it is for about 15 years... The Red Wings have built their success for two decades on european talent...

Just look at the rosters in the NHL!!

If i take the two leading teams in the two conferences:

NJ Devils 6 "euros" (1/4 of the roster)

Habs: 10 "euros" (42% of the roster)

Wings: 12 "euros" (half of the roster)

Sharks: 8 "euros" (1/3)

This anti euro thing is a joke... and it is for about 15 years... The Red Wings have built their success for two decades on european talent...

Just look at the rosters in the NHL!!

If i take the two leading teams in the two conferences:

NJ Devils 6 "euros" (1/4 of the roster)

Habs: 10 "euros" (42% of the roster)

Wings: 12 "euros" (half of the roster)

Sharks: 8 "euros" (1/3)

No joke. The truth. The last three teams to win were all driven by Canadian kingpins. Carolina, TB, Ducks. The Wings have not won anything this season and I don't think they can do it without Stevie Y. Hasek in net is a ingrate and have had no use for him. Forget them. Out of the 8 euros on the Sharks, only 5 start on a regular basis. Goc is a 4th liner. So only Michalek, Murray and Nabakov are the only real contributers that start all the time. The Sharks are driven by Canadians and interestingly enough, Americans. Canadians Rivet, Campbell, Mcclaren, Vlassic are solid on D. I will say that Doug Murray, a swede on D, is a up and comer and plays like a Canadian. I like him a lot. Up front they are lead by Thornton, Setoguchi, Marleau, Cheecho are Canadian. US born players Pavalski, Grier, Roenick, Carle and Rismiller all contribute positively and play all the time. Point is the engine that drives them is mostly Canadian. Not to say the other don't. They are 2nd overall in the league btw and only 5 behind the dead Wings. I would put them up against Washington, Habs, Wings or Devils anytime right now. The teams I am worried about are Calgary, Ducks, Dallas and even Minnesota. Should be interesting.

Basically, the east sucks. Or at least the NHL won't take the right steps so that the hockey played out east might actually stand a chance in the finals.

:P

3 of the 5 most recent Cup winners were from the East.

:P

3 of the 5 most recent Cup winners were from the East.

Look at the game as played right now. There was a hard shift in the way the refs called the game late last year, which played perfectly into the hands of the Ducks. They continue to ignore all the obstruction that they said they'd call, which is a huge help to most of the western teams.

Look at the game as played right now. There was a hard shift in the way the refs called the game late last year, which played perfectly into the hands of the Ducks. They continue to ignore all the obstruction that they said they'd call, which is a huge help to most of the western teams.

Agreed. Not sure what the logic is easing up on obstruction calls for the playoffs. Well, check that. It's the "Let the players decide it" mentality. And the league is right. They are deciding it by cheating. The officials are skewing the results by not letting the skilled teams be skilled. By not calling infractions. This has always puzzled me. Being a Shark supporter I wish they would call it more because we are one of the faster teams in the league. Mobile defense (Erhoff, Carle, Campbell) and lots as speedy forwards(Setagouchi, Marleau, Michalek, Mitchell).

Agreed. Not sure what the logic is easing up on obstruction calls for the playoffs. Well, check that. It's the "Let the players decide it" mentality. And the league is right. They are deciding it by cheating. The officials are skewing the results by not letting the skilled teams be skilled. By not calling infractions. This has always puzzled me. Being a Shark supporter I wish they would call it more because we are one of the faster teams in the league. Mobile defense (Erhoff, Carle, Campbell) and lots as speedy forwards(Setagouchi, Marleau, Michalek, Mitchell).

True... :):wallbash:

And that kind of play also benefits a system and talent the Sabres use!

You see what the Sabres did to the Sharks this year (what 7-1)? :):wallbash:

If they would just call the new rules... Nobody would run with the Sabres' talent and system. That's how John Tortorella with Tampa gets himself in a sticky wicked with the Sabres... Just when he thinks he is gonna run and bury with the Sabres'... The Sabres' blow the doors off!

You gotta play the skilled Euro teams honest (now cheating under the new rules) for the whole 60 minutes and you shouldn't have a problem playing them the "Canadian Way."