NCAA brackets are out now

Pete

Wrong again Simon. I always knew you didnt know what you are talking about in football but I guess you could add college basketball to the list of topics you like to talk out of your ass about.

Let me give you a little lesson on Memphis. This team is loaded with talent & may have 4 first round picks in the NBA this summer if they all decide to go out(Rose, Dozier, Dorsey & Roberts). For all the hype that Beasly, Mayo & Love get, for my money Rose maybe the best freshmen in the country.

Funny, you say that Simon doesn't know what he's talking about, and then claim Rose is better than Beasley. :thumbsup:

Have you watched Beasley play? Have you watched Kansas State play? No one is even close. There is not one good player on the Kansas State basketball team besides Michael Beasley, and he single-handedly carried that team to the NCAA tournament.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow -- on the second page already and no Carolina-haters complaining that they could potentially play their first four games in the state of NC?

The Heels will be tough to beat, my friends. I believe they and Memphis have been the two most consistent teams in the country all season, and that's the title game I predict unless the Tigers' foul-shooting does them in once they are deeper into the tourney.

Funny, you say that Simon doesn't know what he's talking about, and then claim Rose is better than Beasley. :thumbsup:

Have you watched Beasley play? Have you watched Kansas State play? No one is even close. There is not one good player on the Kansas State basketball team besides Michael Beasley, and he single-handedly carried that team to the NCAA tournament.

I have watched Beasley play, believe me, Rose may not score like beasley(who does) but this kid could do everything. Beasley probably is better, Im not so sure he is going to be a better pro though.

BTW, I cant get in a p*ssing match with you. When I was in vegas for the superbowl, before Texas started going on their run, I got them to win the National Championship @ 40-1. I put $50. I believe they were barely a top 25 team then. Well they had a great feb & pretty good march. If they could get by Stanford, which I think poses a big matchup problem for them, I think they could get to the final four. Hook em Horns!!!

I have watched Beasley play, believe me, Rose may not score like beasley(who does) but this kid could do everything. Beasley probably is better, Im not so sure he is going to be a better pro though.

BTW, I cant get in a p*ssing match with you. When I was in vegas for the superbowl, before Texas started going on their run, I got them to win the National Championship @ 40-1. I put $50. I believe they were barely a top 25 team then. Well they had a great feb & pretty good march. If they could get by Stanford, which I think poses a big matchup problem for them, I think they could get to the final four. Hook em Horns!!!

I think they've been a top 10-15 team all year; or at least they should've been after crushing Tennessee & winning @UCLA before Christmas.

Playing in Houston/SA sets up nice for them.

I think they've been a top 10-15 team all year; or at least they should've been after crushing Tennessee & winning @UCLA before Christmas.

Playing in Houston/SA sets up nice for them.

There was about 4-6 week stretch where they were struggling. They lost to Michigan State & then got beat by wisky right before christmas. Then they lost to a bad Missouri team & Texas A&M before going undeafeated for the month of febuary. They have been pretty good since then. Lost to Texas Tech & they simply ran into a buzzsaw in what basically was a home game for Kansas yesterday. I like their team though. For my money, Texas has the best backcourt in the country with Augustine & Abrams. Should serve them well this time of year.

There was about 4-6 week stretch where they were struggling. They lost to Michigan State & then got beat by wisky right before christmas. Then they lost to a bad Missouri team & Texas A&M before going undeafeated for the month of febuary. They have been pretty good since then. Lost to Texas Tech & they simply ran into a buzzsaw in what basically was a home game for Kansas yesterday. I like their team though. For my money, Texas has the best backcourt in the country with Augustine & Abrams. Should serve them well this time of year.

Its something like the home team has won the last 10 games in the series.

I think we have a good shot, especially for having a team that no one expected to be competing for a championship. I could very well see a Kansas vs Texas championship game, in what would be a home game for us!

Wrong again Simon. I always knew you didnt know what you are talking about in football but I guess you could add college basketball to the list of topics you like to talk out of your ass about........

To question their schedule or their competition is down right assinine. Memphis played the #1 non conference schedule in the country. Their nonconference schedule included Oklahoma, Uconn, USC, Georgetown, Austin Pea, Cincinatti, Siena, & of course Tennessee. All those teams are NCAA tourney teams(besides Cinci). In addition, conference USA well not a top 5 league, certainly has competitive teams. Teams like UAB, Houston, UTEP, Central Florida are not that bad.

A couple points.

>Memphis did not play the #1 nonconference schedule in the country. They were #9; so you are either wrong or simply a liar. Neither would surprise. And when you factor in that ridiculous league they played in their strength of schedule drops down to a really lame #27. And not only were they beating weak competition they were beating weak competition that was also playing against even weaker competition. At #27 Memphis is the only team in C-USA with a SOS ranking above #90.

>I find it pathetic that in your desperate attempt to name decent teams Memphis has played you not only come up wiht fodder like Austin Peay and Sienna, you actually bothered to include teams that weren't even good enough to make the tournament! Hilarious. Embarrasing. Telling.

>So Memphis played almost 35 games and in all that time played against a grand total of only 3-4 teams that were even remotely good. Only 1 of those games came in the last 3 months. And they lost it. At home.

>Yeah I'm talking out my ass and asinine for considering the possibility that Memphis might not be battle-tested as well as they need to be. Even though they've played only one Top25 team since Christmas and got beat at home by that one. Once again my instincts are completey accurate. And as per usual everybody reading this thread has again realized what a complete ass-hat you are. :thumbsup:

Edit:

I just did a quick calculation of Memphis schedule since the New Year. In those last 23 games their opponents ranking was an average of #140th in the country.

Anybody that questions that grueling schedule is obviously talking out their ass. :thumbsup:

A couple points.

>Memphis did not play the #1 nonconference schedule in the country. They were #9; so you are either wrong or simply a liar. Neither would surprise. And when you factor in that ridiculous league they played in their strength of schedule drops down to a really lame #27. And not only were they beating weak competition they were beating weak competition that was also playing against even weaker competition. At #27 Memphis is the only team in C-USA with a SOS ranking above #90.

>I find it pathetic that in your desperate attempt to name decent teams Memphis has played you not only come up wiht fodder like Austin Peay and Sienna, you actually bothered to include teams that weren't even good enough to make the tournament! Hilarious. Embarrasing. Telling.

>So Memphis played almost 35 games and in all that time played against a grand total of only 3-4 teams that were even remotely good. Only 1 of those games came in the last 3 months. And they lost it. At home.

>Yeah I'm talking out my ass and asinine for considering the possibility that Memphis might not be battle-tested as well as they need to be. Even though they've played only one Top25 team since Christmas and got beat at home by that one. Once again my instincts are completey accurate. And as per usual everybody reading this thread has again realized what a complete ass-hat you are. :pirate:

Edit:

I just did a quick calculation of Memphis schedule since the New Year. In those last 23 games their opponents ranking was an average of #140th in the country.

Anybody that questions that grueling schedule is obviously talking out their ass. :lol:

Okay, I was wrong on the non conference schedule but if you think having the 9th hardest non conference schedule & 27th overall toughest schedule is not challenging I dont know what to say to that. You do realize that their are 300 div 1 basketball teams in the country dont you?

Okay, I was wrong on the non conference schedule but if you think having the 9th hardest non conference schedule & 27th overall toughest schedule is not challenging I dont know what to say to that. You do realize that their are 300 div 1 basketball teams in the country dont you?

He's also right about not having beaten anyone since December, which is a little worrisome. Lots of other teams in the South are all battle tested and have some good wins since then, such as:

Texas

Pitt

Stanford

Michigan State

Marquette

Miami

St. Marys

All of these teams have beaten a top 25 team since the start of the new year. Memphis has not.

This isn't to say that Memphis isn't a good basketball team, but rather that they really aren't battle tested, and lots of times that poses a problem in the tourney when they are faced with a little adversity.

A couple points.

>Yeah I'm talking out my ass and asinine for considering the possibility that Memphis might not be battle-tested as well as they need to be. Even though they've played only one Top25 team since Christmas and got beat at home by that one. Once again my instincts are completey accurate. And as per usual everybody reading this thread has again realized what a complete ass-hat you are. :pirate:

Edit:

Anybody that questions that grueling schedule is obviously talking out their ass. :lol:

;):lol:

A couple points.

Edit:

:lol:

A couple points.

>Yeah I'm talking out my ass and asinine for considering the possibility that Memphis might not be battle-tested as well as they need to be. Even though they've played only one Top25 team since Christmas and got beat at home by that one. Once again my instincts are completey accurate. And as per usual everybody reading this thread has again realized what a complete ass-hat you are. :censored:

Edit:

Anybody that questions that grueling schedule is obviously talking out their ass. :thumbsup:

Memphis is also among the very worst in the NCAA in free throw shooting. I can't search right now, but I heard that at one point, they were the 4th-worst in college hoops from the charity stripe, and I believe they shot worse than 60% over the course of the season.

"We're not worried, we'll make them when it counts." -Memphis star guard Chris Douglas-Roberts, a few days before the Tigers shot 8-18 from the line in a 3-point loss to Tennessee.

Wow -- on the second page already and no Carolina-haters complaining that they could potentially play their first four games in the state of NC?

The Heels will be tough to beat, my friends. I believe they and Memphis have been the two most consistent teams in the country all season, and that's the title game I predict unless the Tigers' foul-shooting does them in once they are deeper into the tourney.

Carolina's NCAA Tournament record speaks for itself when they play in Charlotte/Raleigh...But, their two losses this season BOTH came in Chapel Hill...So there's no sure things, as we all know.

I've got a Kansas beating UCLA in the final. Sleepers are Butler, Villanova, and Michigan State going further than people think. All guesses at this point, but that's what I think.

He's also right about not having beaten anyone since December, which is a little worrisome. Lots of other teams in the South are all battle tested and have some good wins since then, such as:

Texas

Pitt

Stanford

Michigan State

Marquette

Miami

St. Marys

All of these teams have beaten a top 25 team since the start of the new year. Memphis has not.

This isn't to say that Memphis isn't a good basketball team, but rather that they really aren't battle tested, and lots of times that poses a problem in the tourney when they are faced with a little adversity.

I like Texas in this bracket but Simon is clearly up to his usual "lets argue because I like to argue" routine.

So their schedule doesn't measure up by the arbitrarily defined guidelines of "calendar year"....yawn.

They lost to UCLA @Anaheim in the E8 2 years ago. They beat Texas A&M @Texas & lost to Ohio St in the E8 last year.

They have NBA players & they can ball.