Official LOST thread

ofiba

So what is with all the lies at the press conference?

For many many reasons, some known and some not, it's clear that the truth about the island and all it's happenings can not get out to the real world.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For many many reasons, some known and some not, it's clear that the truth about the island and all it's happenings can not get out to the real world.

Can't get out to the real world or Ben has convinced everyone they can't get out to the real world?

Who will be the first to break the code of silence? I say Hurley will tip the load. And what the hell is up with Claire?

She is dead/in a different time instance. That's my guess.

Who will be the first to break the code of silence? I say Hurley will tip the load. And what the hell is up with Claire?

I actually think it might be Jack. Remember the flash forward scene with Jack and Kate at the airport, dude looked stressed and had that shaggy beard. As for Claire, I believe she is dead. My theory is that she was killed when the missile blasted her house on the others compound. Either Jacob or the island or something must be able to communicate to the living using dead peoples souls as medians. I could be way off, but that's my theory at the moment. Of course after this weeks 2 hour episode, things may be a little clearer...

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY GUACAMOLE i love this frickin show. great finale, again.

Wow. Lots of questions.

Why is Locke Jeremy Bentham? Why is he off the island? Why is he dead?

id guess that he had to move the island again and had to do it himself this time. jack said that he came to visit them. im guessing it was a repeat of what happened to ben, but locke came to them and told them about the "bad things" and that they had to go back after he got "banished" from/by the island

whether he killed himself because he knew he could never go back, or if widmore got him, is the mystery

So many questions, so I'll throw one out there:

If we assume Clair is part of the island/Jacob in the same way Christian Shepard is, and she told Kate to keep Aaron away from the island, did Locke break away and anger Jacob to cause the "bad things" that happened after the O6 left? Ben and Locke said they all had to go back, but if Clair is an extension of Jacob and told Kate to keep Aaron away, is there a split?

Crazzyyy episode

Did anyone see the "ad" for "octogon research"? Was this another made up link for the show? The commercial said that there were "unpaid positions" for a research facility....The ad was paid for by ABC which leads me to believe it is a fake site linked to the show.....

didnt catch it but wouldnt doubt it.

link?

Wow. Lots of questions.

Why is Locke Jeremy Bentham? Why is he off the island? Why is he dead?

I would guess that he is using that alias to keep hidden from Widmore.... I don't think widmore's desire to find the island is going to end with Ben's departure. I agree w/ Dr. D that Locke must've had to move the island again... no way he would've left unless forced...

Also, is Charlotte going to be a more important character than we thought? And are Miles and Faraday now on the island?

you know im sad to say it, but the show could end right now for me.

unless the next 2 seasons are just learning the history of the island, i really dont care about the plight of the people left behind.

we have confirmed what the island is, we know most of the big story lines, we know who was in the casket and why.

god i love this show, but was "ben moving the island" basically "fonzi jumping the shark"? i hate to say or even think it but...

you know im sad to say it, but the show could end right now for me.

unless the next 2 seasons are just learning the history of the island, i really dont care about the plight of the people left behind.

we have confirmed what the island is, we know most of the big story lines, we know who was in the casket and why.

god i love this show, but was "ben moving the island" basically "fonzi jumping the shark"? i hate to say or even think it but...

That's the beauty of the show. We have NO IDEA what the next 2 seasons are going to hold.

That's the beauty of the show. We have NO IDEA what the next 2 seasons are going to hold.

eh... not to be a downer, but there really isnt anything left that i have the dying-to-know feeling about. sure there are a lot of unanswered questions. but i kind like endings that dont tie up every last detail.

im sure there will be a lot of good battling back and forth and suspense, but the main character for me was the island. and the mystery surrounding the island.

im sure by february of 2009, ill be interested again :thumbsup:

anybody notice that the special effects were really bad? The ship exploding looked really amateur and ben in the cold vault looked like a high school play.

other than that, awesome episode.

Ben knew that when someone moved the island, they could never come back. I am assuming he knows this because someone he knew moved the island before. I am thinking that person is Widmore. Just a theory, but it would make sense as Widmore is always behind the scenes on everying instead of being there.

I really don't believe that Locke moved the island and that's the reason he was off the island. As we seen when Ben was the leader of "the others", he had the ability to leave the island. Ben told Locke that the others would fill him in on everything and I am assuming that was part of the knowledge sharing. So IMO Locke left the island to convince everyone to come back due to the volatile nature of the island since their departure.

Jack eluded to Locke informing him of the issues on the island and how it was his fault, probably trying to guilt him into coming back. Kate was pissed and didn't care about Locke's obituary, so I am assuming Locke tried to convince her as well. Now Kate mentions that she has to get back as "he" is waiting. When she said that last season, some were speculating it was to get back to Ben. But now it does not look like that's a possibility. So did she hook up with Widmore in an effort to protect Aaron? Is that why Locke is dead? Sun confronted Widmore, so he knows the Oceanic 6 are well aware of everything.

Why did Syid get Hurley? He told him he wouldn't take him back to the island. And killed the man watching Hurley. Is Syid trying to get back to or stay off the island? "Check mate Mr. Echo"?

Christian tells Michael, "you can go now", so I am assuming that he is dead. And the only reason that "the island" was not allowing Michaels death was so he could delay that explosion to make sure the Losties got off the ship. that was pretty interesting.

What about Miles telling Charlotte about her being on the island before? I found that very curious. There is a lot more to her story as well as Miles, he wants to stay because he seems to understand the island.

On a side note, I watched the replay with captions before the finally and found it funny that there were 4 fake palm trees, 8 helium balloons, 15 presents, 16 party hats, and 2 kids wearing 32 and 43 at Hurleys party. I don't know how anyone would have noticed it, pretty funny.

Great episode with once again more questions than answers....