Official LOST thread

ofiba

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...just had an epiphany. Jacks father showing up on the island and leading Claire off reminded me that Jack and Claire are brother/sister. It just hit me that when Jacks is yelling at Kate at the end that she is not even related to Aaron, he is alluding to the fact that HE is.

And what of Charlies message to Jack (through Hugo) that Jack is not supposed to raise Aaron? I remember Claire being told by the fortune teller (?) that no one else is to raise her child, and we are now reminded of this by Charlies message. So something likely happens to Claire that is unexpected, orphaning Aaron. And Jack and Kate naturally get themselves and Aaron off the island.

And who was Kate talking to in regards to doing something for Sawyer. She was speaking very friendly and confortably with whomever was on the phone, so she clearly knew this person well. Could it have been Sawyer, calling from the island? I don't think this is an outlandish idea.

There more I think about this episode, the more questions I have.

Wow...just had an epiphany. Jacks father showing up on the island and leading Claire off reminded me that Jack and Claire are brother/sister. It just hit me that when Jacks is yelling at Kate at the end that she is not even related to Aaron, he is alluding to the fact that HE is.

And what of Charlies message to Jack (through Hugo) that Jack is not supposed to raise Aaron? I remember Claire being told by the fortune teller (?) that no one else is to raise her child, and we are now reminded of this by Charlies message. So something likely happens to Claire that is unexpected, orphaning Aaron. And Jack and Kate naturally get themselves and Aaron off the island.

And who was Kate talking to in regards to doing something for Sawyer. She was speaking very friendly and confortably with whomever was on the phone, so she clearly knew this person well. Could it have been Sawyer, calling from the island? I don't think this is an outlandish idea.

Very good points, i do like the "epiphany" you had. But I do think Sawyer calling from the island is indeed and outlandish idea. The way Kate was talking, the tone of her voice, the calmness, there is no way she was speaking directly to Sawyer. She would most likely feel very remorseful for being off the island if that was the case. She told Jack she was doing something for Sawyer, maybe it was a request to Kate before she left the island to call someone and take care of some loose ends for him. He is evolving, so maybe he's trying to right a wrong from his past.

I thought last night was a great episode. Lots of questions. Hurley sees Charlie and knows the future? What happened to Claire? What is up with Jack? Sawyer has been the man since he killed his father. My guess on what Kate had to do for him. Make contact with his mother or the con artist ex-girlfriend and let them know he had changed and he was sorry. My guess on Jack, he learns Claire was his sister and can save only one, Kate or Claire and he chooses Kate. Everytime he looks at Aaron he is a reminded that his decision left Aaron without a mother. What's up with Hurley? I have no guess on that one.

I forgot about Jin and Sun. How about that? Jin wants her off the island while he stays? Something else I thought of, how many people survived the trip home? "The Oceanic 6": 1)Jack 2)Kate 3)Aaron 4)Hurley 5)Sayeed 6) Sun 7)Jin. All 7 of these people have had flash forwards.

I forgot about Jin and Sun. How about that? Jin wants her off the island while he stays? Something else I thought of, how many people survived the trip home? "The Oceanic 6": 1)Jack 2)Kate 3)Aaron 4)Hurley 5)Sayeed 6) Sun 7)Jin. All 7 of these people have had flash forwards.

jin doesn't get off the island

In an earlier episode he was in a flash forward. Sun was delivering a baby and Jin was running around to buy a teddy bear. He bought one and delivered it to some chinese businessman.

I believe that was a flash forward for Sun and a flash back for Jin, back to when he was working for Sun's father. They played them simultaneously to give the illusion that Jin was indeed off the island, but really it was in the past.

In an earlier episode he was in a flash forward. Sun was delivering a baby and Jin was running around to buy a teddy bear. He bought one and delivered it to some chinese businessman.

That part in that particular episode was a FlashBACK. In that episode Sun's scenes were flashFORWARDs and Jin's were flashBACKs.

That part in that particular episode was a FlashBACK. In that episode Sun's scenes were flashFORWARDs and Jin's were flashBACKs.

Thanks. I guess I confused the flash forward and flash back swooshes.

What a waste of a tread. :wallbash:

I thought last night was a great episode. Lots of questions. Hurley sees Charlie and knows the future? What happened to Claire? What is up with Jack? Sawyer has been the man since he killed his father. My guess on what Kate had to do for him. Make contact with his mother or the con artist ex-girlfriend and let them know he had changed and he was sorry. My guess on Jack, he learns Claire was his sister and can save only one, Kate or Claire and he chooses Kate. Everytime he looks at Aaron he is a reminded that his decision left Aaron without a mother. What's up with Hurley? I have no guess on that one.

IIRC, the guy Sawyer killed was not his father...it was the con man who caused his own dad to kill Sawyer's mother, then commit suicide. This action may have lifted the 'demons' from James, leading to his new found leadership skills...

Anybody consider that maybe Claire died in the explosion last week, the island is just creating a manifestation of her, and her father was calling her soul back to the dead side, thus the reason she's gone and the baby was left alone. Maybe that's why Miles kept staring at her, he knows she's supposed to be dead.

From last week's episode:

Sawyer continues to beat on the door and yell. Claire comes out with the baby and asks what's going on.

"You alright, sweetheart?" Sawyer asks.

"Yeah, a bit wobbly, but I'll live," she says.

"Well I wouldn't be too sure about that," Miles says.

Anybody consider that maybe Claire died in the explosion last week, the island is just creating a manifestation of her, and her father was calling her soul back to the dead side, thus the reason she's gone and the baby was left alone. Maybe that's why Miles kept staring at her, he knows she's supposed to be dead.

Sawyer continues to beat on the door and yell. Claire comes out with the baby and asks what's going on.

I've been thinking that, too. But then how can everybody else see her and converse with her? And what purpose would the island have for keeping her "alive" then? Maybe to bring Aaron into the jungle for Christian Shepard to take...

What about Rose's comment, too? That the island heals, so why is Jack getting sick? I'm still pondering that one...

$100 bucks says Jin dies in the season finale. I stole this from the EW recap, but: maybe the redhead freighter girl (Charlotte, I think) has some connection with Sun's dad, Mr. Paik. I mean, she speaks Korean? I think that Mr. Paik might be more involved a la Chalres Widmore than we've seen so far...

Interesting scenario. Her love for Aaron could've been so strong that she was able to stay on 'this side' longer than most people. It could also be why Jack got sick as well--a part of his 'family/body' is gone.

I hope they do a Miles back story soon. His character's growing on me...

IIRC, the guy Sawyer killed was not his father...it was the con man who caused his own dad to kill Sawyer's mother, then commit suicide. This action may have lifted the 'demons' from James, leading to his new found leadership skills...

That's right. It was Locke's father.

That makes some sense as felt last week if there was a "good time" to kill Claire it would have been last week and makes comments Hurley made a little more plausible as perhaps he was commenting on all the dead people that had been seen on the island he was starting to think he died too. Yet if Claire died I'm still not sure how Jack would have found out that she was his sister unless Miles mentions the appearance of Christian to Jack later in the series.

In terms of duey's epiphany I put most of that together a little sooner with the exception of speaking to Sawyer. As ricojes eludes think she was doing Sawyer a favor and to me it felt as if she was speaking to the mother of Sawyer's daughter (as let's not forget they teamed up together in a prior episode) or perhaps his daughter but not how old she is and if Kate really be able to have a conversation with her.

I saw something on another board that made a great point...

In the beginning of the episode, we saw a shirtless Jack getting out of bed. Anone notice that he didn't have a nasty scar, as we'd expect for having his appendix removed via crude emergency surgery?

The timeframe(s) with this show is weird...