I am sold. Marshawn Lynch at #12.

PIZ

It does if they were serious about RB by committee. I think Leonard is a very possible pick by the Bills. And if they don't trade for Turner, I could easily see them still signing Chris Brown, drafting Leonard and splitting the carries between them and A train, and I really wouldn't be all that unhappy with that backfield. It wouldn't give us a workhorse but there are only three available (Peterson, and two possibles in Lynch and Turner). If we want to go LB in round one, I would like Leonard as much or more than the other backs.

Totally agree. Although, I'm a little worried the Leonard Leap will get him killed in the NFL.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice this?????

"He's as talented as any offensive player I've been around," says Cal coach Jeff Tedford, who has coached many NFL first-rounders, including Aaron Rodgers, Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller.

Ok that seals it. Lets please never talk of drafting Lynch again. I have no desire to draft someone grouped in anyway with that hodge podge of failures.

It does if they were serious about RB by committee. I think Leonard is a very possible pick by the Bills. And if they don't trade for Turner, I could easily see them still signing Chris Brown, drafting Leonard and splitting the carries between them and A train, and I really wouldn't be all that unhappy with that backfield. It wouldn't give us a workhorse but there are only three available (Peterson, and two possibles in Lynch and Turner). If we want to go LB in round one, I would like Leonard as much or more than the other backs.

My first post really isn't worded properly. Its not that I think they wouldn't be interested in Leonard, but that perhaps they aren't particularly high on him. They probably would select him, but maybe not with a 2nd round pick.

Did anyone else notice this?????

"He's as talented as any offensive player I've been around," says Cal coach Jeff Tedford, who has coached many NFL first-rounders, including Aaron Rodgers, Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller.

Ok that seals it. Lets please never talk of drafting Lynch again. I have no desire to draft someone grouped in anyway with that hodge podge of failures.

Does Lynch play QB?

My first post really isn't worded properly. Its not that I think they wouldn't be interested in Leonard, but that perhaps they aren't particularly high on him. They probably would select him, but maybe not with a 2nd round pick.

I honestly don't think anything the Bills say publicly, pro, con, or no mention, has anything to do with who they will draft as far as players go. The position thing (no fullback) is a little different.

I honestly don't think anything the Bills say publicly, pro, con, or no mention, has anything to do with who they will draft as far as players go. The position thing (no fullback) is a little different.

I'm not going to deny that I may be reading too much into it, and again, its dependent upon them actually being truthful, which is a dubious assumption to begin with. I do think its an interesting statement by Modrak, at any rate.

i guess i have had delusions of the bills getting adrian peterson.i can live with marshawn lynch though.if we do take marshawn at#12.i hope we trade back into the lower first round and grab paul posluszny.

Poslusny is going to be the Bills #1. I'd stake anyone here's money on it, except mine. He has played inside and outside LB and been a stud at both places. With his versatility and Crowell's versatility it makes things very interesting.

Leonard could be the pick. The less interest the Bills feign in someone before the draft means they are very interested in him.

Does Lynch play QB?

Thre is a relatively significant list of former Tedford RB's who put up huge numbers as collegians in his brilliant offense while playing against a pile of weak defenses; and whom quickly showed that, like nearly all those listed QB's, were simply products of their environment and could not transfer that success to the NFL. This previous and well-documented trend may not be something we want to flirt with using the #12 overall pick. :wallbash:

Thre is a relatively significant list of former Tedford RB's who put up huge numbers as collegians in his brilliant offense while playing against a pile of weak defenses; and whom quickly showed that, like nearly all those listed QB's, were simply products of their environment and could not transfer that success to the NFL. This previous and well-documented trend may not be something we want to flirt with using the #12 overall pick. :wallbash:

That's true, but offhand I can't remember another 1st round RB prospect in one of his offenses. Its been mostly 2nd-4th round types, which, contrary to popular belief, have a pretty crappy overall success rate in the NFL regardless of where they played.

In the end, even if this were a QB, I think its still a secondary consideration. You still have to consider each player on their own individual merits.

In the end, even if this were a QB, I think its still a secondary consideration. You still have to consider each player on their own individual merits.

No argument there. However when I look at what I consider to be Lynch's lack of burst and explosiveness he just strikes me as another one of those guys who will have a decent NFL career as a guy who gets by on his versatility, but one that won't ever be the kind of game-breaker that you should be able to find at a pick as high as #12 overall.

Cya

I would make one note on what some have perceived as a lack of a burst: he was playing this past season with two minor ankle sprains. How much it hampered him, I don't know, but its reasonable to expect it did slow him down a bit.

Thre is a relatively significant list of former Tedford RB's who put up huge numbers as collegians in his brilliant offense while playing against a pile of weak defenses; and whom quickly showed that, like nearly all those listed QB's, were simply products of their environment and could not transfer that success to the NFL. This previous and well-documented trend may not be something we want to flirt with using the #12 overall pick. :thumbsup:

Although I agree Tedford has had some rbs flop in the NFL, could we please stop with the east coast bias & the Pac 10 doesnt play any defense crap. They play defense just about as well as any other bcs conference in the country maybe outside of the SEC.

Do I have this right? Just becuase Chris Colston writes an expose' on this guy, you think he shoudl be drafated at #12? If I've got this right, P.T. Barnum was a great prophet.

Somewhat right. The only reason I didn't want the Bills to take Lynch at 12 before was because I thought he was a major character risk, and I didn't want another McGahee. I love how Lynch is a team guy, it is the perfect thing for this team. Like I said, my questions are answered.