32 killed in Va. Tech shootings

stuckincincy

Stop playing God with our discussion.

It is like a tennis match here in the van, Heroin? Head-wound?

Heroin? Head-wound? Heroin? Head-wound? Heroin? Head-wound?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, I'm good. Head-wound.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In defense of AJ1 and some of the other jokers, there are certainly NOT 25,000 students on campus at 8 am on a Monday, not even close.

To "lockdown" the campus, you still need to be able to communicate with 26000 students instantly, since you don't know who's on campus and who's not. Not only that, but to do a true lockdown, you then need to blockade all the roads around the campus, put up a perimeter to stop someone from entering/leaving on foot. It'd be near impossible, and not practical in the least.

It's telling that AJ and some of the other jokers aren't making any comments on my previous post about shutting down a small town if someone is found murdered in the town. They're not commenting because it's stupid and doesn't make sense. This isn't a one building school we're talking about, it's a 2600 acre university.

CW

In defense of AJ1 and some of the other jokers, there are certainly NOT 25,000 students on campus at 8 am on a Monday, not even close.

9000 students on campus. 10,000 faculty and staff. And everyone that has early classes or came to study or get coffee. I would say that is over 20000.

To "lockdown" the campus, you still need to be able to communicate with 26000 students instantly, since you don't know who's on campus and who's not. Not only that, but to do a true lockdown, you then need to blockade all the roads around the campus, put up a perimeter to stop someone from entering/leaving on foot. It'd be near impossible, and not practical in the least.

It's telling that AJ and some of the other jokers aren't making any comments on my previous post about shutting down a small town if someone is found murdered in the town. They're not commenting because it's stupid and doesn't make sense. This isn't a one building school we're talking about, it's a 2600 acre university.

CW

Sadly, many people take their cues from the succubus media that is already draining the blood out of this whole tragedy through their coverage: "Massacre at Virginia Tech" etc. etc., you can practically feel the adrenaline and excitement coursing through the veins of the writer of the MSNBC article when he types "rampage" and "Largest Mass Shooting in U.S. History" in bold font. And because of this nature, and because any news is better than no news, the media is most likely going to lynch VTech, no matter what happens and no matter what the facts of the case portend. But what do you expect? We will not know for some time what actually happened and whether certain things could have been done better or worse in dealing with the situation. At any rate, people that stoop to the lynch mob mentality are part of the problem and not part of the solution; they do a disservice to the excavation of the truth and feed into the ratings machine that exploits this tragic scenario and the loss of lives for purposes that can only be called egotistical and self serving. It is truly a shame, and those who feed into this kind of predatory zeal should be ashamed of themselves as well.

Headline from ABCNews.com this morning reads: Gunman Identified as Massacre at Virginia Tech Enters Second Day.

Am I missing something? Is the killing still going on over there?

My favorite so far is "Virginia School Shooting: Another Government Black-Op".

Okay, so it was from PrisonPlanet.com, who's about as credible as a Bazooka Joe gum wrapper. Still...what the hell? :lol:

Headline from ABCNews.com this morning reads: Gunman Identified asMassacre at Virginia Tech Enters Second Day.

Yes, you are missing something.

This is not merely just a tragic event that took place somewhere. It is an event. It is "MASSACRE AT VIRGINIA TECH". What do we have the media for if not to breathe unholy bottom feeding life into an already !@#$ed up situation?

The situation needs a name that insinuates a constant ongoingness so that the media can justify wall-to-wall 24/7 Blitizing of the airwaves with their non-stop bull sh--.

It's like Brand Recognition. You label a product with a catchy name so people remember it and continue to buy the product.

Headline from ABCNews.com this morning reads: Gunman Identified as Massacre at Virginia Tech Enters Second Day.

No you're not missing anything. The media is there Massacring justice, careers, and general sensibility all to overhype the story. They will run over these students and faculty until the next shark attack, or American idol winner is named.

Man oh Man, we are a cynical group of bastards arent we???? :lol:

No you're not missing anything. The media is there Massacring justice, careers, and general sensibility all to overhype the story. They will run over these students and faculty until the next shark attack, or American idol winner is named.

9000 students on campus. 10,000 faculty and staff. And everyone that has early classes or came to study or get coffee. I would say that is over 20000.

Exactly. As my orignal post stated "certainly NOT 25,000 students" (the full student body) which was the claim of another poster.

Either way, it would be logistically impossible to lock down even 9,000 students in that short a period of time with the manpower available.

Yes, the media are mostly (unnappy-headed) whores. Yes, they get things wrong. Yes, they are often idiots and at times hurt more than help.

But frankly, I happen to love being able to get the news right away and whenever I want or have time. I love being able to see what the students think, the amateur video, the impromptu "pressers", the other video, the graphics showing where things are, and 10,000 other things that is the 2007 version of the news versus the 1997 or 1977 or 1947 or 1907 versions and all in between. I even like that there is a FOX and a CNN and MSNBC to cancel each other out.

Doesn't mean the media shouldn't be harshly criticized, but it's actually pretty awesome, and all things considered, the best it has ever been.

My favorite so far is "Virginia School Shooting: Another Government Black-Op".

Okay, so it was from PrisonPlanet.com, who's about as credible as a Bazooka Joe gum wrapper. Still...what the hell? :lol:

Not true. The Bazooka Joe gum wrapper correctly identifies that there is gum inside the wrapper. So at least it's right about something. Prison Planet, on the other hand, has never been right about anything. Although I do appreciate their "Defend Rosie" banner.... :lol:

Yes, the media are mostly (unnappy-headed) whores. Yes, they get things wrong. Yes, they are often idiots and at times hurt more than help.

But frankly, I happen to love being able to get the news right away and whenever I want or have time. I love being able to see what the students think, the amateur video, the impromptu "pressers", the other video, the graphics showing where things are, and 10,000 other things that is the 2007 version of the news versus the 1997 or 1977 or 1947 or 1907 versions and all in between. I even like that there is a FOX and a CNN and MSNBC to cancel each other out.

Doesn't mean the media shouldn't be harshly criticized, but it's actually pretty awesome, and all things considered, the best it has ever been.

There is some merit to this.

I also think that to make foie gras you have to force feed the geese.

I love how this board takes no time to turn stories like this into either a political debate or a "FoxNews Sucks", or "CNN is full of lies." (yet somehow that poster knows the real truth).

And other times we have "silent" threads for peoples' dead dogs.

How about we just show some respect. Thirty some killed? Lets assume each of those people had 30 people who are either close family or close friend. (And I think that's a low number). We're talking about nearly 1000 people (And again, likely far more) that are absolutely devastated today and will be for weeks, months, and years.

But let's not forget that CNN is evil.... :lol:

RIP to those who died, and prayers to their families.

I love how this board takes no time to turn stories like this into either a political debate or a "FoxNews Sucks", or "CNN is full of lies." (yet somehow that poster knows the real truth).

And other times we have "silent" threads for peoples' dead dogs.

How about we just show some respect. Thirty some killed? Lets assume each of those people had 30 people who are either close family or close friend. (And I think that's a low number). We're talking about nearly 1000 people (And again, likely far more) that are absolutely devastated today and will be for weeks, months, and years.

But let's not forget that CNN is evil.... :lol:

RIP to those who died, and prayers to their families.

Holy crap man, you're growing up!

(Looks around for Texas-sized meteor inevitably headed towards earth)