Someone in Philadelphia made a big mistake...

Buftex

I thought this was kind of funny...

Eagles gave Westbrook bonus twice accidentally

2007-04-14 19:36

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -Brian Westbrook received an extra $3 million from the Philadelphia Eagles in an accounting error.

The star running back intends to pay the team back after getting his roster bonus twice. However, the Eagles filed a grievance with the NFL against Westbrook because the money hasn't been repaid yet, a team spokesman said Saturday.

Westbrook finished last season with a career high of 1,217 rushing yards and was sixth in the NFL with 1,916 yards from scrimmage. He signed a five-year contract extension worth $24.9 million during the 2005 season.

I thought this was kind of funny...

Eagles gave Westbrook bonus twice accidentally

2007-04-14 19:36

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -Brian Westbrook received an extra $3 million from the Philadelphia Eagles in an accounting error.

The star running back intends to pay the team back after getting his roster bonus twice. However, the Eagles filed a grievance with the NFL against Westbrook because the money hasn't been repaid yet, a team spokesman said Saturday.

Westbrook finished last season with a career high of 1,217 rushing yards and was sixth in the NFL with 1,916 yards from scrimmage. He signed a five-year contract extension worth $24.9 million during the 2005 season.

OMFG I think Westbrook would have noticed right away. So he cashed the check? I mean one time this bank teller paid me twice on my piddly little check and I noticed. I gave it right back. 3 million?

OMFG I think Westbrook would have noticed right away. So he cashed the check? I mean one time this bank teller paid me twice on my piddly little check and I noticed. I gave it right back. 3 million?

So you think Westbrook too a paper check to the bank, signed it himself and deposited it in his savings account?

:D;)

This is 2007 and Westbrook's payment was likely direct deposited or made through his agent/business manager and required little if any direct interaction by Westbrook.

This is 2007 and Westbrook's payment was likely direct deposited or made through his agent/business manager and required little if any direct interaction by Westbrook.

Still, you would think though, someone would have noticed sooner...the fact that the Eagles have to file a grievance to get their money back says something...

I think it should be like in school. If a teacher makes a mistake grading your paper and gives you extra points, you should get to keep them no matter what.

That's a typical attitude in this country. If there's a mistake and it benefits me, I don't address it. However, if the mistake hurts me, I complain like there's no tomorrow. If Westbrook cashed 2 checks when he was due 1, he's a jackass. Even worse if the Eagles have asked him to repay it and they have to file a grievance to get it corrected. Goodell should suspend him.

I don't know if you have target back east or not....maybe it is twin fair or hills....anyways, we were checking out and I noticed that one item did not show up on the receipt. So I brought it to customer service, who told me to just keep it. They couldn't figure out how to take it back with their cash register software.....go figure...

That's a typical attitude in this country. If there's a mistake and it benefits me, I don't address it. However, if the mistake hurts me, I complain like there's no tomorrow. If Westbrook cashed 2 checks when he was due 1, he's a jackass. Even worse if the Eagles have asked him to repay it and they have to file a grievance to get it corrected. Goodell should suspend him.

Easy son, easy...Westbrook has already said he's giving it back. The reason they have to file a grievance is because that money will count against this year's salary cap. It's not Westbrook's fault at all. Calling him a jackass and saying he should be suspended is rediculous. It's their front office that should be called jackass's.

I wish some company would accidently deposit $3million in my account- preferably not one from Nigeria. I am soaking wet, pretty buzzed from my local bar(seems to get quite packed on bad weather days), drying out and getting ready for 10:01 high tide and cocktails!

Easy son, easy...Westbrook has already said he's giving it back. The reason they have to file a grievance is because that money will count against this year's salary cap. It's not Westbrook's fault at all. Calling him a jackass and saying he should be suspended is rediculous. It's their front office that should be called jackass's.

My point is this......If he received the money and said nothing until the Eagles came knocking on his door, he's an idiot. Sure, both parties look bad but one is a mistake and the other appears to be a conscious effort not to correct it. If he knew it was an error could he really think that it would go unnoticed and that he could keep the dough? That makes him a jackass (actually much worse) in my book.

I once got a severence check deposited automatically by a company that was letting me go, Dot com thing. I think it was 4 weeks pay or something extra beyond unpaid salary and vacation.. The next day they took it back automatically. To bad the Eagles didn't use automatic deposit.

Though I'm sure you notice immediately when cashing your paychecks, Westbrook is probably not a person who needs to wait for his to be deposited in order to buy whatever he wants. Consequentially, he may not be aware of how much he has in the bank, that is what financial advisors are for.

So you think Westbrook too a paper check to the bank, signed it himself and deposited it in his savings account?

:D;)

Of course he didnt cash two 3 million dollar checks. That would make it far worse if he did. But one would assume that he got some sort of notification about it. One would further assume that he has some vague inkling about his balance in his account. If hes the type that cant balance his account in his head with a 7 figure mistake then hes a complete moron.

I wish some company would accidently deposit $3million in my account- preferably not one from Nigeria. I am soaking wet, pretty buzzed from my local bar(seems to get quite packed on bad weather days), drying out and getting ready for 10:01 high tide and cocktails!

OMG---seems like i see more and more of that Nigeria scam......get it in emails all the time. They wouldnt keep trying if it didnt occasionaly work.

Hey, Quayle...

I think you meant to call them jackasses ya jackass :lol: