Let's hope she's right....

USMCBillsFan

I thought this was the women that picked the Sabres to win it all in pre-season. So I wanted to dig up some articles that she has written to verify. Although I did not find the Sabres prediction, I did come across this article from last year:

Carolina, in our minds: the consistent, resilient Hurricanes will blow past the competition and raise the Stanley Cup

Sporting News, The, April 21, 2006 by Kara Yorio

As these words hit the page, there still are regular-season games to be played, playoff spots and seeds to be decided and home-ice advantage to be won. But that won't stop us from picking a Stanley Cup champion here and now.

Possible tough first-round matchups aside, injury status uncertain, we're going to go boldly into the unknown: It will be the Hurricanes.

Most hockey fans outside of Raleigh, which is to say most hockey fans, spent the season waiting for the standings to sort themselves out and the Canes to head south. That didn't happen, and we can doubt no more. This team is pushing through late-season injuries and fatigue like everyone else, and it will be ready come playoff time.

Coach Peter Laviolette has his team playing hard and with an aggressive style suited to the new NHL. When the playoffs start, injured winger Erik Cole might not be back, and that's a big hit. But center Eric Staal has become one of the best young players in the league, center Rod Brind' Amour is having a great year, wingers Justin Williams, Cory Stillman and Ray Whitney are contributing, newly acquired Doug Weight and Mark Recchi add experience, and goalie Martin Gerber is living up to general manager Jim Rutherford's expectations.

It won't be shocking if the Stanley Cup doesn't tour Raleigh come June--there is parity in the NHL, luck is required, and one hot stretch can turn a mediocre team into a champion--but the doubting stops there. Carolina has the pieces to win it all. And if there's fairness in the new NHL, the team that has best taken advantage of the rules changes should be the first champion.

Lets hope she goes 2 for her last 2 hockey predictions...

All these predictions are scaring me to be honest

I hear that. It's crazy the way these commentators are talking.

I heard the guys on Vs (Clement, Keith Jones, and somebody else) discussing the playoffs during the last week of the regular season. Clement phrased a question like this: "So who is the favorite to win the Cup if Buffalo is NOT the team that comes out of the East?" Basically saying- "We all know the Sabres are the favorite...What are some other teams who have a shot if Buffalo gets bumped?" Pretty crazy...

And Melrose last night on ESPN: "I love the 1st round matchups. With the exception of Islanders-Sabres, I don't think you can consider a lower seed beating a higher seed in the 1st round an upset. Buffalo should not have any trouble with NY, and if the Islanders win, that WOULD be a major upset."

You're just not used to being in the catbird's seat. Our team is THAT DAMN GOOD. Enjoy it - it doesn't happen very often.

I had a similiar experience last season with my Alaska Aces. Second team ever in ECHL history to win both the regular season and postseason titles. A spectacular year from start to finish. I cried like a baby when the final seconds ticked off while the puck was sliding harmlessly down the ice in Gwinnett, Georgia. From the depths of EBay to an ECHL Championship.

Of course, my next memory was some preteen kid yelling "go back to Alaska and shovel snow". Welcome back to reality, A.D.

You're just not used to being in the catbird's seat. Our team is THAT DAMN GOOD. Enjoy it - it doesn't happen very often.

I had a similiar experience last season with my Alaska Aces. Second team ever in ECHL history to win both the regular season and postseason titles. A spectacular year from start to finish. I cried like a baby when the final seconds ticked off while the puck was sliding harmlessly down the ice in Gwinnett, Georgia. From the depths of EBay to an ECHL Championship.

Of course, my next memory was some preteen kid yelling "go back to Alaska and shovel snow". Welcome back to reality, A.D.

Exactly.

What kind of geographically challenged retard put Alaska Aces into the East Coast Hockey League?

Well technically, Alaska is the eastern most state in the Union since the Aleutian Islands stretch into the eastern hemisphere... :nana:

What kind of geographically challenged retard put Alaska Aces into the East Coast Hockey League?

When they incorported the Aces and the rest of the WCHL into the East Coast Hockey League, they changed the league's name to the ECHL. That's right, an acronym that stands for NOTHING. One of the dumbest things I've ever seen in sports.

They don't have a curling league next to your igloo?

I said sports, dumbass. I don't consider bowling, shuffleboard, or sweeping sports. Combining them sounds a lot like what my mind's eye tells me would be the entertainment at a Pampered Chef's/Tupperware/Candle party. :nana:

I said sports, dumbass. I don't consider bowling, shuffleboard, or sweeping sports. Combining them sounds a lot like what my mind's eye tells me would be the entertainment at a Pampered Chef's/Tupperware/Candle party. :nana:

I see you've been invited to Chef Jim's birthday celebration.

I cried like a baby when the final seconds ticked off while the puck was sliding harmlessly down the ice in Gwinnett, Georgia. From the depths of EBay to an ECHL Championship.

I'm mildly worried about this happening to me if the Sabres win. My wife won't understand...just like how I don't understand how she gets all weepy during chick flicks.