Mortensen and his love for Donahoe

ABF11

Did anyone else watch the 'on the clock' feature?

I really dont care what the national media thinks but its a sunday morning and

im bored so what hell?

These guys went on and on about the loss of mcgahee after revealing the bills were near the

bottom of the NFL in rushing last season.

These guys went on and on about the loss of fletcher and clements after revealing

how badly the bills ranked on defense last season.

Funny how all of these guys are Donahoe's.

Saying they were going in the wrong direction and not mentioning the aquisition of darwin on the D line and barely acknowledging

john dockery. Mort still has wet dreams about donahoe and shouldn't be allowed to talk about the Bills because of how biased he is.

BTW .. did anyone catch that nugget where mort said an AFC East coach would love to trade rosters with the bills?

I wonder who that is.

And don't get me wrong here. I think Donahoe does deserve a lot of credit for the talent on the Bills roster today.

But he deserved to get fired because he didn't know how to manage any other aspect of his job.

Mort really needs to let this go and move on.

Happy Easter everybody

I caught that segment.

As much as I liked Spikes, I have a hard time seeing how his departure is a big loss for the Bills. Ditto Fletch.

And McGahee is probably one of the more overrated players in the NFL.

Kiper also said that this team was on the verge of being at the top of the '08 draft. I think he's way off, but I guess time will tell....

I caught that segment.

As much as I liked Spikes, I have a hard time seeing how his departure is a big loss for the Bills. Ditto Fletch.

And McGahee is probably one of the more overrated players in the NFL.

Kiper also said that this team was on the verge of being at the top of the '08 draft. I think he's way off, but I guess time will tell....

Thats because ESPN looks at names not tape. the one eyed monster doesnt lie Mort

if Donahoe was so good he would have been hired as GM for another team by now....you never even hear his name mentioned as a candidate anymore, someone should ask Mort about that

what they failed to mention was tko was barely on the field the last 2 years so how do we miss him /?????,fletcher has more frigin cleat marks on his jersey from getting run over..... and mcgahaha is a pain and his off field garbage will just get worse....addition by subtraction .. the d line comment by mort was just plain stupid... kiper was actually more realistic .. commented on facts not misinformation .

Thats because ESPN looks at names not tape. the one eyed monster doesnt lie Mort

True...But they obviously forgot the name Darwin Walker because despite being one of the better Pass Rushing DT's in ther NFL over the past few Years, they did not even mention the fact that the Bills got him in return for Spikes...

Anyway... :thumbdown:

There is no question that certain members of the media simply have it in for the Bills. Compare it to the sleezy sports journalist in The Natural. Whether it's out of loyalty to Donahoe, or some other sinister motive, the bias is undeniable. What's more, this bias is hurting our ability to attract free agents. Think about it.

PTR

Who are the Bills starting 3 LBs next year?

Who's going to carry the ball 25 times a game?

Is Ashton Yobouty (sp?) ready to be a full time starter?

if they had asked these questions, then talked about talent in the draft that could shore up these 3 holes, id have a little respect for them. but they ignored this altogether and instead jumped all over a chance to publicly question Ralph Wilson's intentions... totally lame

I agree.

It ain't paranoia when they really are out to get you.

But the Bills still have brought in some good talent on the trenches.

Maybe they'll get another good one via trade with the bolts. If they win 10+ games next

year the media will have no reason to be so negative ( if course they'll probably find one anyways)

What really kills me is that Marv doesn't deserve this.

Marv is genuinely a good guy and is now under attack

by no fault of his own. Mort and other ESPN personalities

should start looking themselves in the mirror.

Of course that won't happen so we may as well settle into our

underdogs role and hope to prove them wrong.

There is no question that certain members of the media simply have it in for the Bills. Compare it to the sleezy sports journalist in The Natural. Whether it's out of loyalty to Donahoe, or some other sinister motive, the bias is undeniable. What's more, this bias is hurting our ability to attract free agents. Think about it.

PTR

Crowell, Ellison, high draft pick (A little worried, but I don't think we will be worse than last year with 8-yard Fletcher and hobbling Spikes)

I hope Michael Turner, but otherwise A-Train and a draft pick ranging from Peterson to Pittman

Yes, Youboty is ready to be the full time starter. I don't get the doubts surrounding him. Maybe he will be a star, maybe he will struggle a little, but he is a starting corner and we can stop worrying about it. Sure he has to "win" the spot in camp, but we all know that is a forgone conclusion, and Marv will probably consider bringing in a 3rd rounder to compete with McGee and Thomas for the other starting spot.

I just don't get all the worries. If the season started before the draft we would be in trouble somewhat with Wire and Thomas both starting. But it doesn't and we are looking for TWO starters out of the draft this year, one of them at the most interchangeable position in football (RB). Last year we got Ko, Dante, Kyle, Ellison, and Pennington as guys who started.

PTR

Mort's certainly on shaky ground more than the rest of the ESPN crew. Maybe he should check out what his colleague Pasta-belly has to say this week in his Insider column:

Stat of the week: Seven-year veteran defensive tackle Darwin Walker, acquired by Buffalo in the trade that sent linebacker Takeo Spikes to the Philadelphia Eagles, should certainly aid the Bills' anemic inside pass rush. Walker has 26½ sacks in the past five seasons. In that same stretch, Buffalo's defensive tackles registered just 29 sacks combined.

Crowell Ellision Wire/draft pick

A-Train/Michael Turner(maybe)/draft pick

No clue about Youboty but he should be ready.

PTR

I have thought about it, and it is time that you and everyone else who feels that the national media has it in for the Bills to just give it a rest. Does it really matter what guys like Mort say about the Bills? That has absolutely no bearing on where free agents go. Dockery and Walker had absolutely no problem signing with the Bills on the first day of free agency.

Remember that we have not been to the playoffs this DECADE. How much accolades do we really deserve? ESPN loves a few teams each year that are playing really well. They are all fired up about the Colts, Patriots, Chargers and probably the Bears, Seahawks, and of course the Cowboys. You didn't hear much positive about the Steelers by the middle of last season. Why, because they were playing terrible.

You watch, if we get off to a fast start everyone will be praising us. To the casual fan, and the networks that do not go in depth on each team (ESPN), losing all of our name players (Spikes, Clements, McGahee, Fletcher)makes it look like we are gutting the team. But we all know better. The guys we let go were never going to lead us anywhere. Enjoy the draft, and watch Marv and Dick mold this collection of individuals into a very talented TEAM.

I wasn't referring to the media. B-)

Simon winds up, throws the curve, that's cut on and missed by the batter...

Sorry, baseball got the best of me...

I love the foundation that is low expectations---keep 'em coming ESPN, FOX, etc. I hope the 13 teams on our schedule all are voracious readers and viewers