Good TD, let the purge begin!

Thailog80

Ahh, the pass in the back. I forgot about that. I also remember a quote somewhere last season which stated that although he was failrly productive last season, he did miss a lot of hot reads, which is exactly what happened vs. the Jets. This could be the reason right there....

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This ia a strange move indeed. I'm guessing it might be a move to shake up the team or out of respect to Bobby instead of forcing him down the depth chart they're giving him a chance to get a chance elsewhere.

It might be totally unrelated but I did see that the Giants lost Tyrone Carter for the season and could be in need for a WR. He played with Jacksonville two seasons ago and think that was Coughlin's last year there. Not to mention Gilbride is their QB coach and has had a history with Bobby (both here and in Pittsburgh) perhaps we're trading him to the Giants for a late draft pick.

Not for nothing, but I'm not buying this, yet.  Why is Clayton the only one reporting it?

If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thanks.

68381[/snapback]

Wgr's Paul Hamilton is at one Bills Drive and confirms Bobby Shaw's locker has been cleaned out..... and that he will be released of traded buy 1:00 pacific time or 4:00 eastern..

Hmmm, very strange.  It must be for something other than on the field performance.  He hasn't done much on the field, but neither has Josh Reed.  It seems to me, if the Bills were just looking to trade a receiver, to get something in return, Josh Reed would be better trade bate, albeit only slightly, given his age. 

In the end, Shaw has been sort of frustrating.  He can make some great plays, and make some dreadful mistakes.  Strange move though, all and all.  Does anyone know if Shaw played in Pittsburgh while Mularkey was there?  Could it be an old grudege?  I dunno, just trying to make sense of this...

68344[/snapback]

I think that this could be a move to force DB to look at his options.

Moulds is his number 1 binky and Shaw is a close second. Hopefully a trade can be worked out so that we get some value back. If not, Bobby won't be out of work long.

Positive spin is more reps for Evans and Aiken.

Too much showboating? Am I missing sarcasm or something?

Aside from the embarrassing pass-in-the-back against the Jets, Shaw has been one of our more consistent receivers. The guy made clutch 3rd down catches last year. But showboating? I don't recall him ever showboating, much less showboating too much.

This year, he seems to be the odd man out. Reed and Aiken seem to be battling for 3rd WR time, which means Shaw may be moving down to the 5th spot. My guess is that Shaw expressed frustration with this, and perhaps coupled with his comments to the media, that may have been TD's cue to give the guy a shot with someone else.

68361[/snapback]

I have seen Shaw, with the team trailing by a sizeable margin, dance around after a routine short reception and recall the disgust.

I am hoping that jokeman is correct. It would be nice to receive any compensation at all for Shaw, but either way, we can now put Aiken to use and will have extra cap space next season.

A sound move imo.