I hate Kelly Holcomb

K-Gun10

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You got to be kidding me, right? What did this guy say wrong? It's time to get a grip, this lynch mob mentality is unbecoming. McGahee came right out and bashed everything that Buffalo stands for, plus his indifference while he was here invites disdain but to go around hating a guy because he's happy to have an opportunity is distasteful. C'mon, don't be like that, you're better than this.

We are?

the only thing i ever hated kelly holcomb for was that he got concussed in the kc game a few years back on an ill-advised quick out (also called a mularkey-flicker). i only hate him for that because as he called for the snap, i was casually leaving the room to get a beer from the kitchen, stopped halfway, checked my hair in the mirror, got my beer, took three gulps and returned to the tv just as he completed his one step drop, and was amazed at how long it took the play to develop. i only hate him for that because in my rage, i then dropped my beer into my chili, and it was the last bowl of chili in the house. and i only hate him for that because i really like chili, and the mularkey flicker not so much.

then again, maybe it wasn't his fault.

i'd wish him well, but i've already done that for TKO and don't want extra mojo going to the eagles.

the only thing i ever hated kelly holcomb for was that he got concussed in the kc game a few years back on an ill-advised quick out (also called a mularkey-flicker). i only hate him for that because as he called for the snap, i was casually leaving the room to get a beer from the kitchen, stopped halfway, checked my hair in the mirror, got my beer, took three gulps and returned to the tv just as he completed his one step drop, and was amazed at how long it took the play to develop. i only hate him for that because in my rage, i then dropped my beer into my chili, and it was the last bowl of chili in the house. and i only hate him for that because i really like chili, and the mularkey flicker not so much.

then again, maybe it wasn't his fault.

i'd wish him well, but i've already done that for TKO and don't want extra mojo going to the eagles.

Ah yes...the "Mularkey Flicker." *sigh* Although they had another name for that play. When Holcomb ran it it was called the "Deep Ball."

Ah yes...the "Mularkey Flicker." *sigh* Although they had another name for that play. When Holcomb ran it it was called the "Deep Ball."

i was watching that game with a friend who's a confirmed 'skins fan. he just watched the play unfold and wondered aloud "what the hell was that???" and then he just laughed. it was like watching paint dry watching that play develop.

I was more distracted by the serious uni-brow he was sporting and just how much he looks like Taylor Hicks.

Dang it. I was just gonna post the same thing. You can't hate a guy with a uni-brow. They provide hours of entertainment without evening knowing it. :D

what's the big deal about what he said in that article? Todd and I met Kelly the year he signed with us and he said the exact same thing to us, almost verbatim. "I'm just happy to be a part of an organization that has a chance to win." It's template stuff, folks.

Kelly's a good guy.

All joking aside, since he knows he is going to be a backup the rest of his career, absent any allegiance to Buffalo (hard to imagine for us, but reasonable for a journeyman backup), would you rather be carrying a clipboard for a team that hasn't seen the playoffs this century or a team that goes to the championship game every year, has been to a Super Bowl recently, and managed to make the playoffs even after their franchise QB went down for the year?

Sure maybe he would rather play for Detroit than carry the clipboard for the Patriots, but since playing isn't an option being in a place that wins all the time is probably a good fit and a happy change of scenery. I don't see anything terrible in his comments or overly critical of Buffalo.

The joke is on him, however as we continue to get better and Philly already peaked. Don't worry Kelly, JP has your address and will send you one of those ugly hats with the tag still attached in a couple years...maybe even a matching T-Shirt (but not the commemorative DVD).

We are next in line after the Broncos and Patriots and Red Sox and White Sox. The past is not an indicator of the future: just ask any of those four non-winners what it felt like to just play the game, build a great team, and win it all after being tagged a permanent loser.

Are we sure that's not the infamous "fake end-around Mickey Mouse bull sh-- reverse !@#$tard halfback option pass" for a loss play?

It's so in vogue to hate Kelly Holcomb now after an article in which he said...umm, well nothing really. I hated him when he was throwing checkdown after checkdown for the Bills. Now that he's not on the Bills I really don't mind the guy at all. In fact, if I get to see him play next year I'll have a totally different reaction. Instead of being irrate while watching him I'll likely be laughing.

these threads are ridiculous.

everyone wants to cry about players trashing the city/organization after they leave. yet, the second they are gone, there are plenty of nutjobs tearing them apart here...

grow up. get over it. move on. its time to get ready for the 2007 season.

Thank you. Forget "Can we all just get along". How about "Can we all just try a little decaf?"