Name your favorite

ROCCEO

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never understand why people nominate Patulski as the worst #1 pick. He is not even the worst #1 for the Bills, let alone all time in the league.

He played for for several years and he even started. He did not live up to the billing of being the #1 pick in the draft but many players have that stigma.

I pick Tom Cousinou, Phil Dokes, and Booker Moore are at the top of my list.

Booker Moore doesn't count -- injury (illness). That's bad luck, not a bust.

The Vikings had a first round pick named Dimitrius Underwood in 1999.

During the 2000-2001 seasons, Underwood had 21 tackles and 4 sacks in 19 games. In January 2001, tried to kill himself for the second time by running into traffic twice on a busy suburban highway.

wholly crud, he was running-out-into-traffic crazy right after the season and before they brough him back again? Did he ever run over to the wrong sideline...? I'm mostly kidding, since I'm sure he must have gone off his med's in the off-season... but wow. Stigma around mental health issues is so strong I'm surprised he made the team again (even with those fantastic stats).

-----------

I'm not sure I really understand what a favorite bust is (with regards to football). I'd be better naming least favorite Hall-of-Famers ....or maybe the most forgettable Bills?

What? No love for Phil Dokes?

Chuck Knox bench pressed more than he did, and that's no lie.

Mike Williams deserves a dishonorable mention in any list of all-time NFL busts.

Robert Gallery isn't too far behind - perhaps.

Todd Marinovich

Brian Bosworth

Tom Cousineau - though we eventually got Kelly from this pick we got from SF for OJ

IIRC

Then again of course, you could read my sig.

Just don't click a link though. ;)

In general, in the past 10-15 years, Leaf was the biggest bust I have seen.

For the Bills, Mike Williams or Erik Flowers. Can't decide between those 2.

Also, Andre Ware was pretty bad too.

What about that whole RB crop, Rashaan S'alaam, Ki-Jana Karter and Tyrone Wheatley. THey were all hyped to be great, and they all went belly up.

Has any franchise ever drafted three worse 1st Rd. QBs than: David Klingler, Andre Ware, and Akili Smith?

And let's not forget the following Miami Dolphin choices:

John Avery, followed by JJ Johnson the next year. And OJ McDuffie. And Randal "Thrill" Hill.