Jason Cole @ Yahoo Sports Busts on Bills Offseason Moves

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the more I see comments like this from the 'experts' the more faith I have that Marv may really have a plan that is going to surprise them all once the games start getting played

You know it's absolutely fascinating how the Patriots can be praised, for YEARS by ESPN/Everybody, about "Not wasting money one big free agents" and/or "building a solid team through the draft" and/or "letting the players they aren't happy with go on to free agency"; AND THEN DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE THIS YEAR and have the same drooling idiots and some posters here PRAISE THEM for it.

This is the worst sort of pandering.

It is equally fascinating how the Bills have been deeply criticized for doing the opposite of the Patriots for years: roll the dice in the draft, sign decent to cast-off FAs; AND THEN DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE(minus the O Line signings - but let's face it something had to be done) and STILL BE CRITICIZED.

This is the worst sort of hypocrisy.

Well on paper I can't see how we will be that much better of a team but I'll hold my judgements until after the draft and also give hope to post June 1st cuts. The loss of both Fletcher and Spikes might hurt more than most think. I just hope the O-line additions can make a HUGE difference. I hope we can find a playmaker on this team for besides Lee there is none on either side of the ball!

My God, for a team that needed talent on the offensive and defensive lines and since March 2nd has done nothing but fortify those areas, what did the media think the Bills would do?! It is arguable that the Bills have shored up two extremely "iffy" team weaknesses and turned them into viable NFL lines! I'm NOT saying that these areas are suddenly huge strengths, but it can be assumed that the play will be better nontheless. If they draft for quality in this years draft and yield two or three starters, then I'd say that they have had an excellent off season. Marv and company have a plan, and so far I LIKE IT!!! Oh, and who the he// is Jason Cole??? please!!!

look for his comments on Bills under "LOSERS"

i happen to think he's wrong and you have to withhold judgement until after the draft, and bills with 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds are well positioned to have a great draft

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Arjr...o&type=lgns

While he's entitled to his opinion (and spread it around like herpes) it's pretty clear that he is clueless in this matter and that's why he's a sports writer for YAHOO.

-nuff said

look for his comments on Bills under "LOSERS"

i happen to think he's wrong and you have to withhold judgement until after the draft, and bills with 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds are well positioned to have a great draft

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Arjr...o&type=lgns

what do you want from a guy that covered the miami dolfags for 15 years?

My God, for a team that needed talent on the offensive and defensive lines and since March 2nd has done nothing but fortify those areas, what did the media think the Bills would do?! It is arguable that the Bills have shored up two extremely "iffy" team weaknesses and turned them into viable NFL lines! I'm NOT saying that these areas are suddenly huge strengths, but it can be assumed that the play will be better nontheless. If they draft for quality in this years draft and yield two or three starters, then I'd say that they have had an excellent off season. Marv and company have a plan, and so far I LIKE IT!!! Oh, and who the he// is Jason Cole??? please!!!

Well said...

I also feel many of the "experts" are fawning over the Players the Bills got rid of this Off Season considering them part of the Bills supposed strengths. Well...I'm certainly not going to say that Spikes, Fletch, Clements, and McGahee were weaknesses, but they definitely were not standout Players either (with the exception of Spikes Pre-Injury). And it seems to Me, based on what I saw of those Players in Buffalo (which was every single Down they Played with the Bills), they are all going to be making FAR more than their production should pay. So while the Bills are thought to have overpaid for O-Line help, in My mind San Fran and Baltimore REALLY overpaid for what they got...Anyway...

I like Marv's Plan because it's quite obvious He has one...And obviously with fewer and fewer known Names on the Roster there will be backlash from those in the Media who simply don't take the time to really investigate what seems to be a pretty obvious Plan to Me (and I'm sure to most of You as well...) Marv and Co. want to be young, fast, and they want to build a TEAM...They will not pay for Star production unless they get Star production, and they will only give money towards projected improvement with Younger talent...Based on this you can pretty much bet the bank Lee Evans will get paid BIG in Buffalo assuming He stays healthy, probably JP as well...

So I agree...I like the Plan...I have no idea why, but I just have a feeling the Bills are headed in the right direction...I guess we'll see soon enough... :worthy: