Jason Cole @ Yahoo Sports Busts on Bills Offseason Moves

True genius never follows the exisitng path. Lets just hope Marv's plan will go down in history as genius

I think that was TD's philosophy. Marv is just a good solid football guy trying to get the job done, IMO. Screw the experts and football pundits. Screw the point values...just go get the guys you want for the team.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clements was a standout player. He did not deserve the contract he got but he was absolutely a standout player.

I think...over the entire 6 years He was in Buffalo...Nate was good Corner...But I consider Players like Champ Bailey and Chris McAllister to be standout Players and Nate is simply not in their league. He's a good CB and I wish the Bills still had him, but standout? I just don't see it...We'll see if He can move up a couple notches now that He will be expected to be a standout Player...Maybe He'll prove Me wrong...

All this is nice and may be true - but has nothing to do with my post. It is completely irrelevant.

If you are doing something poorly(Tom Donahoe) and you are getting bad results(no playoffs), you should be criticized - no doubt about it.

But according to you: if you change what your doing(Marv Levy), and you get better results(last years draft and improved record, offense coming together), you should STILL BE criticized. WTF?

The real BOTTOM line is this: we have been told for years that the MODEL the Patriots use is SUPERIOR and that's why they win. Now we are being told that, because it's the Patriots, that model is no longer good. Let me ask you this: if Bill Belechick punched one of his players in the face tomorrow would you be telling us that is ok too, since " 2001 they have 3 SB's, 4 AFC championship games, 5 years in the playoffs and the most wins in the NFL during that time"?

Of course not and why?

Because the truth is the Patriots are as likely as anyone to make a mistake. IF you think another 30 year old LB is gonna help a LB corp whose average age is 29.5(that includes the scrubs) get YOUNGER - well that's just hysterical to me. In fact, if he replaced Bant-Cain, the starting LB average age will be 31.75. Yeah what a youth movement - silly and stupid is no way to go through life.

I said very clearly Thomas will help them because he is far better than Junior or Banta-Cain and you can't refute that. In regards to the Patriots being the model franchise the results speak for themselves. You know they will the division again and beat the Bills twice.

It's pretty clear from the opening paragraph that the Bills are taking Cole's arrows for 1) overspending to get Dockery and 2) dumping most of their veteran core.

Of course, if Dockery becomes the perrenial Pro Bowl LG the Bills think he will be, then maybe the 1st move isn't as bad as Cole assumes.

It's pretty clear from the opening paragraph that the Bills are taking Cole's arrows for 1) overspending to get Dockery and 2) dumping most of their veteran core.

Of course, if Dockery becomes the perrenial Pro Bowl LG the Bills think he will be, then maybe the 1st move isn't as bad as Cole assumes.

In Marv we trust.

The "experts" designate teams as free agency losers because they don't sign the marquis players. This is why an analysis of free agency signings isn't really worthwhile until late November....not late March.

I said very clearly Thomas will help them because he is far better than Junior or Banta-Cain and you can't refute that. In regards to the Patriots being the model franchise the results speak for themselves. You know they will the division again and beat the Bills twice.

Maybe at best - but you also said that he helps them get YOUNGER which he doesn't. Look - I know the history, SB et al., BUT, I don't see these FA moves THIS YEAR as "great" moves. Welker? Stalworth? for that money? :blink: Moreover, we are being asked to believe that we see the "Emporer's New Clothes", just because it's the Patriots - who haven't been active in FA for years. Now suddenly building through the draft is a bad idea? Or, I forgot that's what the Bills are now doing so, yeah, it must be bad idea, this year.

Btw, the same guys who see these as "great" moves, are the same guys who told us Culpepper and Archuleta were going to make Miami and Washington SB/playoff powerhouses. Oh yeah, and these same guys said Brees would be a marginal help for the Saints. This all goes back to my original theory:

"Tell the big media market teams that they will be great every year, because telling a lot of people what they want to hear is a great way to make money".

You watch what happens with the draft. This year, I guarantee the Patriots, Jets, Giants, Dolphins, Bears, Cowboys, Texans, Cards, 49ers, Eagles, Redskins and Falcons will have "won" the draft according to these guys, who just happen, - LA, to be the top 11 media markets. (hell they'd love to add Detroit to this list but they have been exposed too many times) Remember all the Arizona/Detroit hype last year? Why do they keep telling us about how good the 49ers are gonna be? Why do we hear about Atlanta all the time? How many more times can we hear that Kubiak(texans) is a "great" coach? How can this all be an accident? Some of these teams continue to suck, year in and year out, but they are always ranked high in the pre-season power rankings, and all their FA decisions are always "great". This is just more of the same.