Depression setting in....

That's fair and I could of course be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

But it seems to me that while they addressed the offensive line which I applaud, they've created holes in about 6 other spots. Aren't they supposed to enhance their roster? I keep getting this visual of plugging a finger in the damn only to see 6 more holes appear. Eventually the damn is going to break and I just don't want to be the Houston Texans or Oakland Raiders of the NFL.

Too many holes right now to fill with youth. By the way, with Spikes gone, who's going to actually call the defensive plays? Crowell?

You are paid to talk football, yet you dont know that Fletcher called the defensive plays last year?

And since you insist on wasting bandwidth, try to make something useful out of it and explain how releasing 4 players created 6 holes. Is that some type of HA math?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are paid to talk football, yet you dont know that Fletcher called the defensive plays last year?

And since you insist on wasting bandwidth, try to make something useful out of it and explain how releasing 4 players created 6 holes. Is that some type of HA math?

Pardon him. BL copied VABills' math homework.

Just heard the boys on Sirius say that the 2nd year after the Achilles injury is when TKO will be the same beast he always has been. Can someone please explain why we're trading him for a 4th , 5th or 6th?

Clements-too expensive-I get it.

London-wrong side of 30 and I understand a change

TKO-battler, smart, instinctive, playmaker....injured but looked to be getting back to form at the end last year

Holes-corner opposite McGee, nickel back, running back, DT for run stuffing, middle LB, fullback, tall wideout for goal line situations, OLB because I'd like to keep Crowell on the outside and I don't think Ellison is the answer-at the very least we need someone to challenge the very light Ellison

I think that's it...we don't even have enough draft picks to address this let alone have them be good enough to field a competitive squad.

Ellison is going to weigh 5 lbs less than Crowell by the start of the season and is bigger than a lot of WLB

I'll give you that TKO looked good in the last two games--but even in those two games his drops were weak--they were still taking him off the field on most third downs...the NFL is littered with guys who were never the same after the injury--its not just the recovery -- its the burst and the push

K. Thomas did a serviceable job as nickel last year.

Fullback is not a huge part of Fairchild's offense

You give us no points for improving the line and this makes the whole team function better and takes pressure off the Defense...

I agree with some of what you say lips--but to get really depressed before the draft..when the draft last year--despite very limited contributions from a late first round pick and a third round pick...produced 5 starters...is a little too pessimistic...but then again, if you do this for a living, you get paid to stir things up...

Have a nice chat with Marv...congratulate him for making some tough decisions--like investing in the O-Line ...Come back and tell us what he says to you when you confront him with your version of reality..

You thought our linebackers were a team strength last year?

You did watch them last year, no?

I think they're doing the right thing getting a faster, larger ILB and a hungrier OLB corps in terms of tackling.

I'm thinking I'd like Ellison-Crowell-Quincy Black with Haggan-Stamer-Justin Durant.

That's bigger, faster, and hungrier. Add to this the extra season the backfield had at Cover-2 and we're good adding one decent CB (Revis-Houston in RD#1 or McCauley-Wade-Wilson in RD#2).

That's fair and I could of course be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

But it seems to me that while they addressed the offensive line which I applaud, they've created holes in about 6 other spots. Aren't they supposed to enhance their roster? I keep getting this visual of plugging a finger in the damn only to see 6 more holes appear. Eventually the damn is going to break and I just don't want to be the Houston Texans or Oakland Raiders of the NFL.

Too many holes right now to fill with youth. By the way, with Spikes gone, who's going to actually call the defensive plays? Crowell?

You know what? In the game and a half Spikes played in '05 before his injury, he was tackling nobody and being pushed all over the field. With Spikes, it's what are the odds he would perform anywhere near '04 levels? Marv and company have determined Spikes is a hole whether he's on the Bills or gone. I have no problem with moving on.

I know Fletcher called the defense. My point was, if Crowell moves to the middle, pending the draft, it will either be him or a rookie presumably calling the D. Not usually a good idea.

As for the holes in no particular order:

Corner, MLB, Fullback, DT, OLB (because I don't trust Ellison and even if I do, we need depth), WR (a Tall one for goal line because Price is done, Reed isn't the answer and Parrish is only good for the slot), and I would also look at another Corner because good teams protect leads in the 4th quarter with good nickel and dime defense when teams are trying to come back on them through the air.

Then again I guess we don't need that because at this point we won't be protecting many leads.

I know Fletcher called the defense. My point was, if Crowell moves to the middle, pending the draft, it will either be him or a rookie presumably calling the D. Not usually a good idea.

As for the holes in no particular order:

Corner, MLB, Fullback, DT, OLB (because I don't trust Ellison and even if I do, we need depth), WR (a Tall one for goal line because Price is done, Reed isn't the answer and Parrish is only good for the slot), and I would also look at another Corner because good teams protect leads in the 4th quarter with good nickel and dime defense when teams are trying to come back on them through the air.

Then again I guess we don't need that because at this point we won't be protecting many leads.

They also protect leads by being able to run the ball -- which is a function of a good O-line and hard running backs who know the playbook and hit holes quickly....we had a RB like that last year and we re-signed him...we also will find another one before the season starts....and I think we are going to have a pretty damn good O-Line--particularly with those two nimble and nasty sides of beef on the left side....

I just think that if we're talking about that low of a draft pick for Spikes, don't move him. The value simply isn't there and nobody you draft in that spot will be close to even an 80% healthy Spikes.

That's a totally different argument than six holes and no hope....which is it? I can semi-subscribe to this line of thinking...particularly now when CASH TO THE CAP may be changing as we speak ...

And to be honest, I don't care if you like me or not. I've been on this site for about 3 years posting under a different name. I never had the need to post until this pathetic off season. I'm just being honest which is something this board needs more of...not rose colored glasses.

Jesus. With convoluted thinking like that, no wonder you are depressed.

Let's see. You have been on this site for about three years, posting under a different name. YET, you never had the need to post until recently.

How did you pull that off? (I'm just looking for an "honest" answer here)

Here's my advice to you. Stay away from this board, and any other board that talks about the Bills.

Go see a shrink. Those people can help you with your problems, and they can prescribe some really good drugs.

Stop discussing football in general. Stick with a sport that you can handle, like Golf.

It is both. Don't create more holes when we have so many to begin with and the value isn't there for Spikes. The value was there with McGahee. That's why I wasn't upset about that one. Clements-too much money, I get it. London-I don't agree but at least I understood because it's 5 mil/year, he was a pursuit LB from what I studied, and not a blow up the ball carrier type.

DON'T TRADE SPIKES!

If you really want to create cap room, dump Holcomb and go with Nall and a draft pick. That would save the cash you need.

And to be honest, I don't care if you like me or not. I've been on this site for about 3 years posting under a different name. I never had the need to post until this pathetic off season. I'm just being honest which is something this board needs more of...not rose colored glasses.

I'll root for Buffalo until I die but this has been a pathetic showing by our front office. I say that to you and I'll say it to Marv when I talk to him....which will be within the next week or so.

Do you really think Marv will listen to some idiot kid yelling about the offseason as you ride your Huffy in front of his house?