Depression setting in....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard the boys on Sirius say that the 2nd year after the Achilles injury is when TKO will be the same beast he always has been. Can someone please explain why we're trading him for a 4th , 5th or 6th?

Clements-too expensive-I get it.

London-wrong side of 30 and I understand a change

TKO-battler, smart, instinctive, playmaker....injured but looked to be getting back to form at the end last year

Holes-corner opposite McGee, nickel back, running back, DT for run stuffing, middle LB, fullback, tall wideout for goal line situations, OLB because I'd like to keep Crowell on the outside and I don't think Ellison is the answer-at the very least we need someone to challenge the very light Ellison

I think that's it...we don't even have enough draft picks to address this let alone have them be good enough to field a competitive squad.

And to be honest, I don't care if you like me or not. I've been on this site for about 3 years posting under a different name. I never had the need to post until this pathetic off season. I'm just being honest which is something this board needs more of...not rose colored glasses.

I'll root for Buffalo until I die but this has been a pathetic showing by our front office. I say that to you and I'll say it to Marv when I talk to him....which will be within the next week or so.

And to be honest, I don't care if you like me or not. I've been on this site for about 3 years posting under a different name. I never had the need to post until this pathetic off season. I'm just being honest which is something this board needs more of...not rose colored glasses.

I'll root for Buffalo until I die but this has been a pathetic showing by our front office. I say that to you and I'll say it to Marv when I talk to him....which will be within the next week or so.

When you talk to your Marv Levy doll, tell him to take RB-ILB, then CB, then OLB.

Because YOU think so?

McGahee -- was gone anyway. They got value for him.

Clements -- Screw paying $80 million for a CB.

Fletcher -- old and not worth it in the Tampa 2

Spikes -- Remember Sam Cowart?

I'll take the experts on this one, lips.

How can you guys honestly be optimistic? Who can we beat with all of these kids and no veterans at all? I love the Bills but this team has a ton of holes to fill you must admit.

If anything, I trade down because we need bodies at this point. Linebacker which has always been a team strength is just putrid to look at in terms of the depth chart if you take Spikes out of there.

I respect the fact that Takeo, London, Clements and even McGahee were all quality players, but I really don't think our offseason has been bad at all.

We shored up the offensive line (obviously the most important facet in football), we got rid of a giant headache (Willis), who's numbers as a starter were really very similar to A-Train's when Willis went down to injury.

Takeo, London and Clements have all been good players here but they never got us over the hump and into the playoffs...London is 31 years old, and despite the fact that he had great numbers it has become pretty well documented that Jauron and Marv didn't think he had the year that his numbers would tell you. Crowell's numbers were terrific until he went down with injury and he is only going to get better. It is the right time to put him in London's spot and let him lead.

Two years ago, it seemed like Nate was getting destroyed by every team's best reciever every single Sunday. One example was Chris Chambers 238 yard game. The switch to the Tampa 2 obviously made his job a little easier and I think a lot of his success this year simply came out of the new scheme. Remember we got Youbuty, predicted to be a late first rounder last year, in the 3rd round and he could end up being an adequate replacement. Re-signing Kiwaukee Thomas was also huge, as he performed very well in the nickel spot.

Takeo is a warrior who gave us everything he had...The fact is he is almost 30 years old and coming off a ruptured achilles, arguably the hardest injury to come back from in professional sports...Keith Ellison performed brilliantly for a rookie and if we are looking to add Patrick Willis in the draft, you have to wonder if stunting Ellion's growth for a Takeo Spikes on the downside of his career is really worth it.

Marv has a plan man, just give it time to kick in...And in the meantime we can watch Donahoe's boys go and forget that jerkoff was ever leading our franchise.

Hey Joe...I agree with all of what you just wrote except for Spikes.

And for the record....I AM an expert. I get paid to talk about the Bills and other football teams for a living. You?

LOL

That makes you an expert? It makes you someone who's paid to spout their every waking thought in the name of "journalism." It doesn't make you a football expert. It makes you just like every other messageboard weenie, only you have a microphone.

Hey Joe...I agree with all of what you just wrote except for Spikes.

And for the record....I AM an expert. I get paid to talk about the Bills and other football teams for a living. You?

Whhoo-oooo! I'm impressed.

Someone get this man a white hot.

It's just my opinion Joe Six. I mean no disrespect at all. I'm just having a hard time seeing the Bill's roster as a glass half full.

Am I alone in the "I'm sick of waiting until next year" category.

That and now I don't see any hope this year or next year. I think we're at least 3 or 4 seasons away if the game plan is to jettison all of Tom's follies.

It's just my opinion Joe Six. I mean no disrespect at all. I'm just having a hard time seeing the Bill's roster as a glass half full.

That and now I don't see any hope this year or next year. I think we're at least 3 or 4 seasons away if the game plan is to jettison all of Tom's follies.

None taken, but you have NO idea how this season's going to pan out. They didn't win WITH these guys.

They say that anyone can find a friend on the internet? Not you. You would have been better off not even posting. I know it didnt waste your time, but it definitely wasted the time of the hundreds of good fans that will read this post. And it will definitely waste the bandwidth that SDS pays for on this site. The fact that you took the time to register a mere 2 weeks ago, only to post drivel like this says that any of your "real" friends have long since abandoned you, due to your pessimistic and pathetic attitude. But guess what? No one here likes you either. I guess you can take solace in the fact that a whiney little sniveler like you is finally getting some attention, be it good or bad. The best course of action would probably be to send a check to SDS covering the cost of the bandwidth you wasted, and never post again.

Wow ;):D:w00t::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Put in your place

That's fair and I could of course be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

But it seems to me that while they addressed the offensive line which I applaud, they've created holes in about 6 other spots. Aren't they supposed to enhance their roster? I keep getting this visual of plugging a finger in the damn only to see 6 more holes appear. Eventually the damn is going to break and I just don't want to be the Houston Texans or Oakland Raiders of the NFL.

Too many holes right now to fill with youth. By the way, with Spikes gone, who's going to actually call the defensive plays? Crowell?

Well, if they are "follies," then why the sh-- not jettison them?

You need to erase your mistakes before you can write the equation right.

I'm simply blown away by your wit and pessimism. It's just so sexy. What are you wearing?

I think this is the BEST offseason in years!

Frankly, I think the team "culture" is the most important thing.

Look the difference between two 300 pound pro athletes isn't gonna be that big. A lineman that runs 4.8 versus a 5.5 etc,. What counts a lot more is whats between the ears and their heart.

For instance Langston Walker. It's REAL hard to get into it when the team you are on blows. I know there are paid ALOT of money, but on the field you aren't counting dollars. They are human. It's MENTAL!

The Bills WILL be better.

I think TKO was a downer in the lockerroom.