Bills 1st round draft pick from 34 sites

Just for fun, from 34 mock drafts, I tallied who the sites had for the first round pick for the Bills. Some had second round picks, but not all. I realize anyone with a website can do this, but here are their pick distributions:

1st round:

15 votes Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal

8 votes Leon Hall, CB, Mich

4 votes Adrian Peterson, RB, Okla

3 votes Chris Houston, CB, Ark

2 votes Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss

1 vote Alan Branch, DT, Mich

1 vote Laron Landry, DB, LSU

2nd round:

2 votes Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno St.

Rest are 1 vote each:

Tarell Brown, CB, Texas 1

Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn 1

Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers

Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland

Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St.

David Harris, ILB, Mich

Buster Davis, ILB, Florida St.

Brandon Siler, LB, Florida

Zach Miller, TE, Arizona

Just for fun, from 34 mock drafts, I tallied who the sites had for the first round pick for the Bills. Some had second round picks, but not all. I realize anyone with a website can do this, but here are their pick distributions:

1st round:

2nd round:

Rest are 1 vote each:

Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St.

David Harris, ILB, Mich

Zach Miller, TE, Arizona

Damn, looks like that rules out Lynch then.

1st round:

2nd round:

Rest are 1 vote each:

Tony Hunt, RB, Penn St.

David Harris, ILB, Mich

Zach Miller, TE, Arizona

and it seems that the overwhelming philosophy amongs the "experts" is replacing WM and Clements is the number one priority. if I had to venture a guess, I would say that the talking heads are basing said philosophy on this simple notion: Buffalo has now lost the only three players I've ever heard of (Clements, WM, candle stick maker)- they must be screwed...

if you believe that (bills now screwed) then you would believe these predictions.

I like Kyle Williams, Ellison, Ko, and Dante. because they turned out well, it increases my confidence that ashton and mccargo might too- severly reducing the need to use a rd1 pick on a db or dt.

lb or rb on the other hand? who knows.

i have a hunch we're all going to be stunned by a de though...just the gut talking here. and it's a pretty nice gut.

DE would be a shocker, since we have three pretty good ones and it is Hargove's natural position, but if they like Carriker or someone more than Lynch or whoever else we are supposed to take I could see a surprise like this happening.

I'm disappointed to see Willis drop down that far, with many more people thinking he is a top 11 pick. But of course I missed the mocks showing us with Whitner and McCargo, so I'm not too concerned. Mocks are fun to show which players we could end up having to choose from, but the people who make them don't follow Buffalo enough to know what Marv might do, and just plug in a name based on perceived need (i.e. no Nate, no Fletcher, no McGahee, bad run D last year).

I'm still on the Willis bandwagon but think there are a bunch of possibilities that could really help this team at #12.

and it seems that the overwhelming philosophy amongs the "experts" is replacing WM and Clements is the number one priority. if I had to venture a guess, I would say that the talking heads are basing said philosophy on this simple notion: Buffalo has now lost the only three players I've ever heard of (Clements, WM, candle stick maker)

Exactly, they are probably right however that we better produce some strategy for filling the gap at RB as though I think A. Thomas is a great #2 RB and potentially a very useful part of an RB by Committee approach (though much of this depends upon who the rest of the committee are), quite frankly I think the Bills long ago decided that the way we use the CB in a Cover 2 means paying what would be necessary to sign Clements or even pay him the new average salary of the top 5 CBs was not a reasonable deal for us.

I think the Bills will pick up another CB late in the draft or as a cheap FA for competition sake, but they may well go with what we got right now and have McGee as the #1, have Youbouty (who impressed the coaches enough to get a start against NYJ last year in a game the D played quite well) and Thomas (who has publicly stated he wanted to start at CB somewhere in 07 so put up or shut up) compete for #2 CB and have the loser play nickel and Greer play the dime.

Looking at DBs, the irony here is that after we acquired 2 starters in last years draft as we currently only have one other safety on the roster, i think it is more likely we draft a safety high up than we draft a CB.

I read Marv's book, he loves Defensive. I'm thinking we taking a DE and and second round RB. He never takes offensive players in the first round. For what it's worth.

Levy you magnificent bastard! - I read your book!!!

and it seems that the overwhelming philosophy amongs the "experts" is replacing WM and Clements is the number one priority. if I had to venture a guess, I would say that the talking heads are basing said philosophy on this simple notion: Buffalo has now lost the only three players I've ever heard of (Clements, WM, candle stick maker)- they must be screwed...

if you believe that (bills now screwed) then you would believe these predictions.

I like Kyle Williams, Ellison, Ko, and Dante. because they turned out well, it increases my confidence that ashton and mccargo might too- severly reducing the need to use a rd1 pick on a db or dt.

lb or rb on the other hand? who knows.

i have a hunch we're all going to be stunned by a de though...just the gut talking here. and it's a pretty nice gut.

:thumbsup: I agree..........

I read Marv's book, he loves Defensive. I'm thinking we taking a DE and and second round RB. He never takes offensive players in the first round. For what it's worth.

What do you mean he loves Defensive? Of course he doesn't love Defensive. Who told you he loves Defensive?