An update on RB Michael Turner.

AJ hates Ralph...I don't think that has tempered even though Ralph and John Butler buried the hatchet before JB died.

I think you saw with what happened to Marty what happens when AJ has a grudge...

I don't think we are going to get any special consideration -- but I do probably think there have been some conversations.

It's funny, I have a lawyer buddy who does some work for the Chargers and the owner's family. He ran into Smith at a meet and greet and thought he was a great guy. He then heard some horror stories from some employees a couple weeks later. The main description was he was a guy who can't let things go and is always thinking someone's out to get him.

Maybe some of you have had better experiences and of course it was second hand info.

Okay, I need to say this one more time:

1st and 3rd is not what the Chargers are asking for, and it is as make believe as saying "a hundred bajillion dollars" (okay, maybe not if the Texans are interested after they got ABUSED by the Falcons).

The 1st and 3rd is what the offer sheet signed required a team to give up if they wanted to sign him without talking to the Chargers, which effectively made that avenue a non-option, and forces teams to negotiate with AJ for a different trade if they want him. So if AJ accepts a 2nd and a 4th, he is not "coming down" from his previous trade request, but he is merely making a deal to trade a back that will otherwise not be signed as an RFA and will play for the Chargers.

I would still like to see this happen for our 2nd rounder if we can work out the details for a contract extension that isn't breaking the bank and is tied to incentives and performance.

Keep in mind that while SD has control of his rights they can determine where he goes. Once he becomes a UFA he can be signed by any team. Do you really think that SD would want someone like Denver to sign him and they would have to play against him twice a year? Before anyone suggests that they can tag him it doesn't seem realistic. No, I believe that they tendered him so high is because they fully intended on trading him but they wanted to make sure that they could control where he would land up. Could Marv have had already something worked out before he went ahead and traded McGahee, knowing that Turner was an option?

Okay, I need to say this one more time:

Yes, you do keep saying that, and while I agree that if a deal is made for Turner it will not be a for a 1st and a 3rd, but AJ could have put many different tenders on him, including one that would have been closer to the actual asking price he was willing to take. (if it's not really a 1 and 3)

Why put a 1st and 3rd tender on him if he was willing to take a second anyway? He would have had much more interest that way.

More than likely I could be wrong, but I think it's going to take more than a 2nd to get him.