Schaub to Houston???

Peter

why would they draft AP after they just gave all that money to A.Green

Hmm......Levi Brown or LaRon Landry, perhaps? Either would be a good move for them. Even if Spencer rehabs and returns to the lineup, they need all the OL help they can get, so Brown would be a good choice. Also, CC Brown isn't setting the world on fire in the secondary, so Landry would have little trouble breaking the starting lineup, I believe.

Or they could go after Bledsoe, I mean, Quinn, if he falls to them.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True but if you look at it who REALLY needs a QB with experience? Miami and Minnesota top the list. OH and the Raiders ( I almost forgot about them). they could in fact get Carr for prolly a 3rd this year or 4th this year and take Calvin Johnson 1st overall..hmmmmmmmm interesting

If I was Carr and the Texans traded me to the Raiders, I would retire

Out of all 32 teams in the NFL, you now get sent to probably the only team with a worse o-line then what you've had your entire career in houston?

Way to kill a career that never really had a chance

This is a repeat of the Rob Johnson trade, though the Texans didn't surrender a top 10 pick.

Good move for Schaub, as the Falcons seem determined to make Michael Vick their QB @ all costs, and for the Texans, where Kubiak is none too pleased w/ the development of David Carr.

If I was Carr and the Texans traded me to the Raiders, I would retire

Out of all 32 teams in the NFL, you now get sent to probably the only team with a worse o-line then what you've had your entire career in houston?

Way to kill a career that never really had a chance

Hahaha!!!

I've heard him compared to Archie Manning in that respect. Difference is, @ least Manning was able to carve some sort of career out of it, even though he was stuck on a real sorry Saints team. Being named NFL MVP while QBing that team is nothing short of a miracle.

True but if you look at it who REALLY needs a QB with experience? Miami and Minnesota top the list. OH and the Raiders ( I almost forgot about them). they could in fact get Carr for prolly a 3rd this year or 4th this year and take Calvin Johnson 1st overall..hmmmmmmmm interesting

Raiders will sign Drew Bledsoe <_<

Al Davis loves teh deep ball

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that it's a done deal -- the Falcons have traded quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans.

It's a sign-and-trade transaction, with the Falcons inking Schaub to a new contract and then trading him to the Texans. The use of a roster bonus and/or an option bonus due in, for example, five days will prevent the Falcons from taking a cap hit.

The move most definitely means that David Carr's tenure with the team is over. He was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft. A year ago, the Texans opted to pay a bonus that extended his deal for three seasons, which took them out of the running for Houston native Vince Young.

I actually think this is the smartest thing the Texans have done in years.

yeah foxsports said they sent this years and next years 2nd rounders to ATL for schaub. They also swapped 1st round picks 8 & 10. Based on what the texans gave up for scwaub I guarentee you they will now take Levi Jones LT at #10 to protect their new investment. Especially since they wont pick again until the 3rd round. I wonder who Atl is after? maybe a DE to replace kerney or a S like Landry? Call me crazy but I think Peterson will be falling to us at 12 unless a trade up happens for him.

then AP is going to them for sure

Actually it's more the opposite scenario. The Texans are obviously trying to win with veterans now (Shaub, Green) and they won't be wasting a pick on a RB (they have their starter). The Texans have a lot of holes so it would make zero sense to select a position where they already have a starter when they no longer have a second round pick. You don't select Peterson then begin finding starters in the third round.

Can you actually name something smart the Texans have done?? <_<

Schaub may be a good QB, but it won't make Texan fans forget about Vince Young or Reggie Bush.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that it's a done deal -- the Falcons have traded quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans.

It's a sign-and-trade transaction, with the Falcons inking Schaub to a new contract and then trading him to the Texans. The use of a roster bonus and/or an option bonus due in, for example, five days will prevent the Falcons from taking a cap hit.

The move most definitely means that David Carr's tenure with the team is over. He was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft. A year ago, the Texans opted to pay a bonus that extended his deal for three seasons, which took them out of the running for Houston native Vince Young.

Carr to the Dolphins or Raiders?

why would they draft AP after they just gave all that money to A.Green

Yeah, I don't think they would want 2 4-5 million per year RBs on the roster and also a guy who had a greater YPC than Willis (Dayne with 4.1 YPC). They have (many) other holes to fill, they do not need to stock up on RBs. It really doesn't matter how good he is.

My guess is that they will be looking to get back in the 2nd round for Carr. Possibly Oak. I doubt Miami though. Carr is a good athlete though, just had a shiti supporting cast.

I don't think anyone will trade for Carr and pick up his large contract unless they really like him.

He needs to go to a team with more pieces around him to be successful.

One place that might work out well for him would be KC if the Chiefs are no longer interested in Trent Green

Chris Brown on his blog on buffalobills.com thinks that this means that it's more likely that Houston takes AP now. But i just don't see that happening. Here's what I think happened. Houston wanted Quinn and when his stock started falling they thought they had a chance at him. However, now Quinns stock is soaring again and could go as high as Detroit at 2 (or someone else at 2 since Detriot as made it known that it's available for the right price). If he didn't go there he could have also went to Cleveland at three. They probably just decided that it wasn't worth the risk of not getting him so they made the trade with Atlanta.

Now if they really wanted to get AP would they trade away this years 2nd, next years 2nd, and slide down two spots in this years first? (with atlanta being one of the other teams that could snatch him up if he fell too). Also they have a $30 million back in Green and just re-signed Dayne to be their number 2/1a guy. Wally Lundy is still on the roster too. Since they gave soo much for Shaub he WILL be the starter on Day one. You give up that much for a QB, you better have a O-line to protect for him. That's why I see them going OT at 10 (Levi Brown?), even if Peterson is there.

Overall therefore, I think its LESS likley they would take Peterson. That said, Atlanta could now take him at 8 (they too have 2 good Rb's on the roster though). I think if Peterson slips past Cleveland our biggest concern wouldn't be Hoston or Atlanta taking him, but Green Bay leap frogging us to get him. And even that I think is not likely.

A lot of time before draft day though and I gurantee they'll be other top 10 trades before then, so its still to early to predict....

This is a repeat of the Rob Johnson trade, though the Texans didn't surrender a top 10 pick.

Yep, in a few years Matt Schaub will be as hated in Houston as RJ is in Buffalo.

The big difference is that the year before the RJ trade, the Bills cou;d not have stayed put in the draft & drafted a Vince Young. The combination of not drafting Young & then trading for Schaub will make things even worse for Schaub in Houston than RJ ever had it in Buffalo. Every time Schaub screws up, people will realize how they could be cheering for Young, making the Flutie fans look like chopped liver-which is what Schaub will end up being in Houston.

If only the Texans had taken Bush. No way he wouldn't have run for 1,900 yards and 22 TDs behind that line. In fact, he would've shown that he actually can run between the tackles and that there's no need for a Deuce McAllister type back to really carry the load.

Oh, and he still would've had 'bout 98 receptions and they would've been for more than 'bout 6 yards a pop, too.

Do you have a strong disliking for Bush?