Greatest All Time: TBD poster

KD in CA

Ah, the good ol' prehistoric days, when all you needed to be an expert was a keyboard and Internet access.

oh, wait....

:pirate:

Yet, it was a different time. The Buffalo Bills and the NFL, for the most part, had no real presence on the Net back in those days. No Google. ESPN was just getting its site up... All the things people take for granted now, we pioneered.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:pirate:

Yet, it was a different time. The Buffalo Bills and the NFL, for the most part, had no real presence on the Net back in those days. No Google. ESPN was just getting its site up... All the things people take for granted now, we pioneered.

Reminds me of a conversation I had back in the day with Denny Lynch, who wondered at the time if the Bills would really benefit from having a website :lol:

Reminds me of a conversation I had back in the day with Denny Lynch, who wondered at the time if the Bills would really benefit from having a website :lol:

I remember when I started my website that there were few Bills-related sites out there. Gobills was by far the best of the bunch. Scott started shortly after I did. I will never forget that he stole graphics off my site to put on his. :pirate: We had a few discussions and came to the agreement that he would focus on current news with the Bills and I would focus on the historical aspect of the franchise.

Damn, that was a long time ago.

I remember when I started my website that there were few Bills-related sites out there. Gobills was by far the best of the bunch. Scott started shortly after I did. I will never forget that he stole graphics off my site to put on his. :pirate: We had a few discussions and came to the agreement that he would focus on current news with the Bills and I would focus on the historical aspect of the franchise.

.. and Jason decided to focus on playing Doom and Quake and give up on the football site.

Those were the days. :lol:

You should have run for president this time around. :lol:

You should have run for president this time around. :pirate:

Thanks. I am retired from politics and am focusing my efforts on volunteer work. I can make more of an impact there.

Not much to chose from again, hey?

Thanks. I am retired from politics and am focusing my efforts on volunteer work. I can make more of an impact there.

Not much to chose from again, hey?

I always thought your name was KFC

wait a minute... what was that? I made all my graphics back then.

wait a minute... what was that? I made all my graphics back then.

Except for the ones from my site (AFL stuff). I e-mailed you about it and you then asked to use them. I agreed and we laughed over it. You then kindly created some graphics for my site.

No biggie.

Reminds me of a conversation I had back in the day with Denny Lynch, who wondered at the time if the Bills would really benefit from having a website :)

I had the same conversation with him more than once - drinking too :P

Then there was the whole Bills Booster stuff ! :doh:

Ask SDS about Scott Berchold. :(

Many of us tried - and thanks to Denny and Alicia Bratten (sp ?) I was able to get a lot of info and access back in the day - but the Bills mindset was very anti - technology

How else would you explain the ticket office - to this day ?

Who remembers when the Bills actually tried to sell tickets in ATM style kiosks at local malls - rather than the Internet ?

I had the same conversation with him more than once - drinking too B-)

Then there was the whole Bills Booster stuff ! :beer:

Ask SDS about Scott Berchold. :cry:

Many of us tried - and thanks to Denny and Alicia Bratten (sp ?) I was able to get a lot of info and access back in the day - but the Bills mindset was very anti - technology

How else would you explain the ticket office - to this day ?

Who remembers when the Bills actually tried to sell tickets in ATM style kiosks at local malls - rather than the Internet ?

It didn't help that Glenn Meacham took a few people for a ride....

Guest Buffalo Billdo
ICE, BF or Hog Boy....RIP.

LOL. I remember when I was a Sophomore in High School I used to get so Pissed off at my Dad (AKA Hogboy) b/c we had dial up back then and it would make our phone line busy while my friends tried to call in.

Then after a Scrimage Football game on a Saturday we hopped in the car and drove up to Buffalo for a Minnesota Home opener. I remember my Dad saying he was going to meet up with some people from a tailgate that he met on the internet (might have been hyper bills back them).

Who was there that I may have met? I remembered I thought it was dumb my Dad posted on the website and never thought years later I would also be posting... kinda funny.

Vikings won, Robert smith had like an 80 yards run.

To be considered one of the best atleast Hogboy make it worth his time. I'll call you tonight Pop... dont let the women drive you crazy. Driving home in 3 weeks.

LOL. I remember when I was a Sophomore in High School I used to get so Pissed off at my Dad (AKA Hogboy) b/c we had dial up back then and it would make our phone line busy while my friends tried to call in.

Then after a Scrimage Football game on a Saturday we hopped in the car and drove up to Buffalo for a Minnesota Home opener. I remember my Dad saying he was going to meet up with some people from a tailgate that he met on the internet (might have been hyper bills back them).

Who was there that I may have met? I remembered I thought it was dumb my Dad posted on the website and never thought years later I would also be posting... kinda funny.

Vikings won, Robert smith had like an 80 yards run.

To be considered one of the best atleast Hogboy make it worth his time. I'll call you tonight Pop... dont let the women drive you crazy. Driving home in 3 weeks.

You young man are freaking great yourself. You are a chip off the old block. :thumbsup:

Please tell your dad to answer my e-mail. I got something up and I want to get him involved. :lol: In fact, you would be perfect too! :D