List of players receiving interest from Bills

Brandon

I've seen this list before and I'll GAURANTEE the list is vastly larger than that!! One DT is absurd, and one RB is absurd too!! The intent here is to tout a website with somewhat questionable information. It is the equivalence of throwing enough sh-- against a wall so that it will surely ensure some of it sticks!

I don't see us getting troy smith. Im surprised he lost a lot of value. I know he played horrible in the national championship game but he won the hiesman trophy, shouldn't that automatically mean a 1st rounder? Ive never seen a hiesman trophy winner not get drafted in later rounds.

I don't see us getting troy smith. Im surprised he lost a lot of value. I know he played horrible in the national championship game but he won the hiesman trophy, shouldn't that automatically mean a 1st rounder? Ive never seen a hiesman trophy winner not get drafted in later rounds.

Gino Teretta. For a while there, the hiesman was a curse in the NFL draft.

I stand corrected....Teretta was apparently drafted in the 7th round.

Some Heisman Busts:

1989 - Andre Ware

1990 - Ty Detmer

1991 - Desmond Howard

1992 - Geno Teretta

1993 - Charlie Ward

1994 - Rashaan Salaam

1996 - Danny Werfuel

1999 - Ron Dayne

2000 - Chris Winkie

2001 - Eric Crouch

2003 - Jason White

If past history is anything...its not looking good for Troy Smith. I knew this list was going to be bad, but not THIS bad. In fact, since 1989, the only heisman winners who have hit it big are Eddie George, Ricky Williams (kinda), Charles Woodson and Carson Palmer. Jury is still out on Linert/Bush.

Thats FOUR of SEVENTEEN...

Gino Teretta. For a while there, the hiesman was a curse in the NFL draft. Ill pull some numbers on heisman winners here in a few minutes
thats true but don't forget reggie bush won the hiesman trophy in 2005 and had a great year in 2006 in the nfl. and i think is going to have a monster career as long as he leaps into the endzone from 5 yards out he has nothing to worry about.

Does anyone know how many of last year's picks were on the 2006 list?

If they didn't have Whitner, then they don't know Jack, and all they are doing is speculating based on a review of our depth chart.

If anyone claims they know what the Bills are thinking, they better have a track record of correctly nailing what Marv thought last year. Otherwise, they're no better than you or me, probably worse since many of us know more about this team than someone writing about all 32.

Gino Teretta. For a while there, the hiesman was a curse in the NFL draft.

I stand corrected....Teretta was apparently drafted in the 7th round.

Some Heisman Busts:

1989 - Andre Ware

1990 - Ty Detmer

1991 - Desmond Howard

1992 - Geno Teretta

1993 - Charlie Ward

1994 - Rashaan Salaam

1996 - Danny Werfuel

1999 - Ron Dayne

2000 - Chris Winkie

2001 - Eric Crouch

2003 - Jason White

If past history is anything...its not looking good for Troy Smith. I knew this list was going to be bad, but not THIS bad. In fact, since 1989, the only heisman winners who have hit it big are Eddie George, Ricky Williams (kinda), Charles Woodson and Carson Palmer. Jury is still out on Linert/Bush.

Thats FOUR of SEVENTEEN...

Just for your information Desmond Howard won a super bowl in 1996 with the Green Bay Packers so thats 5 of 17, Ricky Williams hasn't really quite proved him self yet, Charles Woodson is an injury prone CB so actually 3 of 17.

Just for your information Desmond Howard won a super bowl in 1996 with the Green Bay Packers so thats 5 of 17, Ricky Williams hasn't really quite proved him self yet, Charles Woodson is an injury prone CB so actually 3 of 17.

True, but Desmond Howard was hardly good. He had some good seasons, and some good games, and he is one of the top guys on this list, but I cant really call him a good pro. If you include howard, you have to include whickkkky...

But I think the point remains, the prognosis for heisman winners in the NFL is NOT good.

True, but Desmond Howard was hardly good. He had some good seasons, and some good games, and he is one of the top guys on this list, but I cant really call him a good pro. If you include howard, you have to include whickkkky...

But I think the point remains, the prognosis for heisman winners in the NFL is NOT good.

what are you talking about, desmond howard was the super bowl mvp! thats just as better than being the league mvp. and he holds the longest kick off return in super bowl history.

and you can take charlie ward off the list because he never played in the nfl, he played in the nba so 2 of 17. but I think there will be a new tail for hiesman trophy winners, lienhart is going to be a good qb in the league surrounded with talent around him. Reggie Bush is going to be a good running back, jason white hasn't even played since he's been drafted.

Does anyone know how many of last year's picks were on the 2006 list?

If they didn't have Whitner, then they don't know Jack, and all they are doing is speculating based on a review of our depth chart.

If anyone claims they know what the Bills are thinking, they better have a track record of correctly nailing what Marv thought last year. Otherwise, they're no better than you or me, probably worse since many of us know more about this team than someone writing about all 32.

Being on this list has little to do with whether the players will get picked, more about where they end up in the pre-draft ordering. It merely suggests that the work done so far for these prospective picks has left the staff with questions they want to clarify. Or they want someone to think they're interested, etc.

If I remember correctly, they didn't talk to Whitner. I guess they didn't need to.

This guys are good from what I hear. Their disclaimer makes it clear what it is and what it isn't:

Below is a list of players that each team has shown interest in during the draft preparation process including all-star games, the Scouting Combine, and private workouts.

This info was compiled through many sources that include our own insiders.

This may not include everyone a team has shown interest in or even indicate which player a team will select. It should give you a good idea of what they are thinking though.

Some teams are more secretive than other, so information can be hard to come by. All of it is accurate to the best of our knowledge though. Nothing is made up!

I'm quite happy with the list, to tell you the truth.

Thanks for posting it! :thumbsup: