T. Smith is available now, our next FB?

cash2cap

I jsut saw that the Browns released their FB from the past few years T. Smith. I guess they have a younger cheaper option. I was wondering if anybody knows much about him? I know he was their starter for a while and with the saints years before that. I'd like to get a nice experienced run blocking FB in here.

he is similar in style to Shelton, except he is younger. a real bruiser back who is a pure lead blocker. no catching out of the backfield, etc. i wouldnt mind seeing him in Buffalo for the right deal.

I jsut saw that the Browns released their FB from the past few years T. Smith. I guess they have a younger cheaper option. I was wondering if anybody knows much about him? I know he was their starter for a while and with the saints years before that. I'd like to get a nice experienced run blocking FB in here.

Didn't he used to play cornerback & have hands of stone? :rolleyes:

he is similar in style to Shelton, except he is younger. a real bruiser back who is a pure lead blocker. no catching out of the backfield, etc. i wouldnt mind seeing him in Buffalo for the right deal.
when we bought in shelton he was already old, I think the best Full Back we ever had and you all will agree with me is Sam Gash.

From what I assumed is a Cleveland fan at http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/BrownsColumn.htm] Terelle Smith, well he's Terelle Smith a hard charging straight ahead blocker. However he can't do all the blocking so his good blocking is lost with the poor O-line play. Not a glowing endorsement which tells me he's not great. The question remains if Fairchild is going to bring the Rams offense here or not, if so the need for a blocking FB won't be needed.

His claim to fame was laying out Takeo with a big time pancake block in one of those memorable "scrimmages" the Bills and Browns used to have each summer during the Williams and Malarkey eras. Why I remember that, I am not sure.

I would be scared signing anyone who is cut by Cleveland given how woeful there offense has been this decade. (See Kelly Holcomb)

your age is showing ... jim braxton was better

Wow, Bubby Braxton--a real blast from the past. Led the way for OJ with the Electric Co. I heard that he died from brain cancer a number of years ago, may he RIP. You're right, he was a great FB and Buffalo Bill....

From what I assumed is a Cleveland fan at http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/BrownsColumn.htm] Terelle Smith, well he's Terelle Smith a hard charging straight ahead blocker. However he can't do all the blocking so his good blocking is lost with the poor O-line play. Not a glowing endorsement which tells me he's not great. The question remains if Fairchild is going to bring the Rams offense here or not, if so the need for a blocking FB won't be needed.

No. Fairchild will not bring the Rams offense here. That offense belongs to Martz. Fairchild likes to run and will run. Since we play outdoors in the AFC East that is a good thing.

Wow, Bubby Braxton--a real blast from the past. Led the way for OJ with the Electric Co. I heard that he died from brain cancer a number of years ago, may he RIP. You're right, he was a great FB and Buffalo Bill....

He sure was.

Add Cookie Gilchrist to the list, too.

oh...jim braxton was the best fullback? I guess leroy kelly was the best running back the browns ever had? COOKIE GILCHRIST is one of the best running backs of all time!!!! Best running back combination I remember was Cookie and Wray Carlton. In addition Cookie could block like an offensive lineman. When Carlton and Gilchrist were in the backfield Sports Illustrated referred to Jack Kemp as "the most pass protected quarterback in the history of the game." Braxton?....hush your mouth, child.

If we are looking for a fullback I'd go with Corey Anderson out of Tennessee or if Leonard of Rutgers falls into the third round I'd go with him. Either would be a nice addition but we have other needs to address first.