What does your name mean?

BillsFanM.D.

I thought it meant tiny Italian writer of odes.

And they say I disappear. How's life treatin' ya, PIA?

Great, man! Moved down the Hudson for a promotion, and that's working out great. Tomorrow, I'm moving again, actually. But just two miles further down the Hudson to Beacon. Yeah, I know, you never heard of it. Across the Hudson from West Point. Renewed my season tix ... again. Now it's (yikes!) 800 miles round trip to HOME games. Maybe I AM crazy ... Great to see a familiar old Boarder in here, man! Hope life is treating you well ...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't bother to sort through the whole thread, but below is a website where you can enter your name and it officially translates into your name in Tolkien's Hobbit World

http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/

For example yours truly translates as:

Orgulas Sandybanks of Frogmorton

I had not been to the site in a while and apparently since my last visit it will also translate your name into an elven name.

My elf name is

Turgon Telemnar

Excuse my ignorance but.....what's an LSI?

you big friggin' dope....LSI Logic utilizes an Access computer database to track compliance issues. The database, referred to as the Correction Action Defect Event Tracking (CADET).....how obvious can you get? :wallbash:

you big friggin' dope....LSI Logic utilizes an Access computer database to track compliance issues. The database, referred to as the Correction Action Defect Event Tracking (CADET).....how obvious can you get? :wallbash:

Wow, I was WAY off. I thought it was the Legion of Sports Ignorami. I assumed the poster had reached the "Cadet" level.

You see how I could make a mistake like that...right?

Well...The popular guess is that KOK is a misspelled reference to a certain piece of Male anatomy...Not so... :lol:

KOK stands for King Of Kings...My Nickname is King but rumor has it there was another Guy walking around earth way, way back they call the King Of Kings...

I actually started using KOK after I heard "Man Of Golden Words" by Mother Love Bone years back...The phrase is used in reference to Music, not the Son Of God, and I thought it was pretty cool....Here's the Lyrics to the whole Song...

Wanna show you something like the joy inside my heart

Seems I've been living in the temple of the dog

Where would I live, if I were a man of golden words?

And would I live at all?

Words and music - my only tools

Communication

And on her arrival I will set free the birds

It's a pretty time of year when the mountains sing out loud

Tell me, Mr. Golden Words, how's about the world?

Tell me can you tell me at all?

Words and music - my only tools

Communication

Let's fall in love with music

The driving force of our living

The only international language

Divine glory, the expression

The knees bow, the tongue confesses

The lord of lords, the king of kings

The king of kings

Lyrics by the late great Andrew Wood...

Anyway...That's the KOK part...The rest is obvious...Go Bills! :(

Ive been a fan of the Bills since the Kelly era and the 4LIFE part comes from the WCW days when Hogan and the NWO were big. One of their mottos was NWO4LIFE. Im a huge Sting fan and one event me and my friends went to,we made a sign with STING4LIFE. So Im BILLS4LIFE :D

Great thread!

My first name is Bob - we live outside of Boston, MA

My wifes first name is Jan, and she is the world's biggest (?) Bills fan. We go to 2 - 3 home games a year, but always the home opener to start.

So let me see... My wife's Jan and I do the ....

Swede is a nickname I've had since early in my Navy days....I was a big Stone Cold Steve Austin fan...Austin 316....Swede is always taken as a user's name so...I just came up with Swede 316...It means I just kicked your ass :nana:

But just two miles further down the Hudson to Beacon.

I lived in Pok. for a time in the late 80's/early 90's - the first place I lived around there was an apartment complex called Chelsea Ridge Park on 9d just across 84 from Beacon (I lived further south because a buddy of mine who was my roommate worked at the Indian Point power plant). Back in that day downtown Beacon was kind of a scary place :nana:

well, mine is my first initial middle initial. J.Z.

and my last name mcelligott is shortened to mack, which just sounds cooler than mc (or mick) so i went with it.

Yes, I have a lot of people think I am called J.Z. because of that no talent assclown that started winning grammy's :lol:

willis da illest-for my former favorite Bill ;)

Which should explain why this young person is going to attend the spew of A in Tuscum.

This bit of vitriol towards all things Rats should help explain my name

ASU class of 92 :lol: