Official Selection Sunday Thread

BuffOrange

Akron's gonna get jobbed...they're 26-7, but that painful loss to Miami (Ohio) last night kills them.

Air Force pretty much jobbed themselves with putrid performances down the stretch. They are 0 for16 in conference tournament games dating back to 1990.

On the upside it's nice to see the Hoyas becoming a threat again.

Air Force pretty much jobbed themselves with putrid performances down the stretch. They are 0 for16 in conference tournament games dating back to 1990.

On the upside it's nice to see the Hoyas becoming a threat again.

I pretty much always root against Georgetown (unless they are playing against a Bobby Knight team), but I agree it's good to see them rise again. It's good for the Big East and it's good for college hoop, IMO.

Go Red Raiders.....

I pretty much always root against Georgetown (unless they are playing against a Bobby Knight team), but I agree it's good to see them rise again. It's good for the Big East and it's good for college hoop, IMO.

Go Red Raiders.....

:flirt:

I love that Knight demands RESPECT from his players, but gives none to his bosses. He is the epitome of "Do as I say, not as I do". He is a horrid role model for young men.

He is a flawed man for sure and the Knight argument has been fought every which ways, but one thing that can be said for his program over most others and its what college is about, most of Coach knights players come out of program with a education , while far to many by educational degree lucky to be hamburger flippers from what they have learned in college.

-I am glad to see you on wall again :)

I love that Knight demands RESPECT from his players, but gives none to his bosses. He is the epitome of "Do as I say, not as I do". He is a horrid role model for young men.

He is a flawed man for sure and the Knight argument has been fought every which ways, but one thing that can be said for his program over most others and its what college is about, most of Coach knights players come out of program with a education , while far to many by educational degree lucky to be hamburger flippers from what they have learned in college.

-I am glad to see you on wall again :flirt:

That's true, most college coaches (BBall and Football) don't seem to give a rat's ass. But you can require the kids go to class and study and still be a good person. Dean Smith did it, Coach K does it, Paterino does it, I'm betting Roy Williams does it. All of those guys are gentlemen, IMO.

ODU is also going to get snubbed.

Just hope Syracuse makes it....

I was going to mock you for saying this. Purdue & Mich. St a 9? Illinois? These teams beat NOBODY on the road all year and struggled to finish .500 in a garbage conference. What a joke

I was going to mock you for saying this. Purdue & Mich. St a 9? Illinois? These teams beat NOBODY on the road all year and struggled to finish .500 in a garbage conference. What a joke

Im as big of a syracuse fan as there is...but syracuse also beat NOBODY on the road all year, and didnt do so great in conference. This is like when you blame the refs for losing a game. True, maybe the committee mad a bad selection, but if they won a couple more games they would be in. Syracuse and only Syracuse is at fault for this...

Im as big of a syracuse fan as there is...but syracuse also beat NOBODY on the road all year, and didnt do so great in conference. This is like when you blame the refs for losing a game. True, maybe the committee mad a bad selection, but if they won a couple more games they would be in. Syracuse and only Syracuse is at fault for this...

Marquette & Providence may not be Kansas & UCLA; but that's 2 better road wins than those Big 10 teams had all year.

According to the website below, there are still ticket available in Dayton and they start at...$10! :flirt:

http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/schedules

Correction? According to Dayton's site, adult tickets are $12. Still cheap:

http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/tickets/ncaa.html

Marquette is a 6 seed.....

Syracuse vs. Stanford

record: su 22-10, stan 18-12

rpi: su 50, stan 63

sos: su 46, stan 32

non con rpi: su 79, stan 90

road record: su 6-6, stan 6-7

top 50: su 3-6, stan 4-8

last 10: su 7-3, stan 4-6

Syracuse Beat Marquette by 12 on the road

Syracuse!!!

I'm a huge cuse b-ball fan.

Very sad day. This is what happens when the pundits like Gottlieb and his ESPN cronies actively campaign against you for months. It plants a seed of doubt in the committee's mind. Syracuse beat G-Town, Marquette, Nova, and finished the season strong. They also outplayed Louisville for 38 minutes in the road, but blew the game at the end--I'd put money on SU in a rematch. Just a terrible decision by the committee.

SU vs. "in" teams

SU's resume:

22-10 overall, 10-6 Big East, lost in quarterfinals of Big East tourney

Last 10 games: 7-3

RPI: 51 (as of Sunday morning)

SOS: 45

Key wins: Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova

Key losses: Drexel, St. John's

Purdue:

21-11 overall, 9-7 Big Ten, lost in 2nd round of Big Ten tourney

RPI: 44

SOS: 44

Key wins: Illinois, Michigan State, Indiana

Key losses: Iowa, Minnesota, Indiana State

Illinois:

23-11 overall, 9-7 Big Ten, lost in 2nd round of Big Ten tourney

RPI: 29

SOS: 23

Key wins: Indiana (twice), Michigan State

Key losses: Iowa, Michigan

Stanford:

18-12 overall, 10-8 Pac-10, lost in first round of Pac-10 tourney

Last 10 games: 4-6

RPI: 65

SOS: 37

Key wins: Texas Tech, Virginia, Washington, Washington State, USC, UCLA, Oregon

Key losses: Santa Clara, Cal, Air Force

Arizona:

20-10 overall, 11-7 Pac-10, lost in first round of Pac-10 tourney

Last 10 games: 6-4

RPI: 14

SOS: 2

Key wins: Louisville, Memphis, Washington (twice), Oregon, Stanford

Key losses: home to UNC (92-64)

Arkansas:

21-13, 7-9 SEC, lost in SEC title game to Florida

Last 10 games: 6-4

RPI: 35

SOS: 15

Key wins: 3 wins in SEC tourney, Alabama (then ranked), Vanderbilt

Key losses: Missouri, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, LSU, Mississippi State, Auburn

Georgia Tech:

20-11 overall, 8-8 ACC, lost in first round of ACC tourney

RPI: 52

SOS: 47

Key wins: Memphis, Duke, UNC, BC

Key losses: Miami, Wake Forest (twice)

Syracuse!!!

I'm a huge cuse b-ball fan.

Very sad day. This is what happens when the pundits like Gottlieb and his ESPN cronies actively campaign against you for months. It plants a seed of doubt in the committee's mind. Syracuse beat G-Town, Marquette, Nova, and finished the season strong. They also outplayed Louisville for 38 minutes in the road, but blew the game at the end--I'd put money on SU in a rematch. Just a terrible decision by the committee.

Gottlieb is a retard, but I can't put the blame on him or espn. Last night on College Gamenight they did the "longest 'in or out'" segment of the year. 'Cuse wasn't even one of the teams brought up, because everyone "knew" they were in.

I think what hurt Syracuse was the lack of non-conference wins. Looking at their schedule, the only good non-conference win they have is against Holy Cross. For those who say they played Okie St, Wichita St and Drexel, well, they acutally have to win one of those.

Maybe they should acutally schedule a non conference away game for once.

Though, they should have gotten in over Stanford and Arkansas

I feel for Cuse....they had a sweet run down the stretch and I think should have slid in.

Not too thrilled with ND's #6 seed either. Two point loss to G-Town in the semis and we draw the same a UL who loses by 6 to Pitt who gets THUMPED by G-Town. Plus we got stuck in by far the hardest bracket, IMO. I would have liked to see a #5 or at least a draw in the East or South bracket.

Compare it with Duke who has how many decent wins? One?. Lost in the first round of the ACC and ended the season with a blistering 4-7 stretch. Should have gotten an 8.

They gotta do something, that non-conference schedule is a joke, and kept them out of the tourney!!!

I think if they beat any of those freaking teams they would be in. 'Cuse had a couple of decent wins but this senior class did little to deserve anything. I love Demetris, heres hoping he gets a shot at the next level.

I feel for Cuse....they had a sweet run down the stretch and I think should have slid in.

Not too thrilled with ND's #6 seed either. Two point loss to G-Town in the semis and we draw the same a UL who loses by 6 to Pitt who gets THUMPED by G-Town. Plus we got stuck in by far the hardest bracket, IMO. I would have liked to see a #5 or at least a draw in the East or South bracket.

Compare it with Duke who has how many decent wins? One?. Lost in the first round of the ACC and ended the season with a blistering 4-7 stretch. Should have gotten an 8.

In the grand scheme of "body of work"; margin of defeat in your conf. tourney is way down the list. I don't see your beef w/ being put on the same line as L'ville given their road wins @Pitt & Marquette.

Re: Duke I agree.

Not sure how Mich St. & Marquette were seen as equals either in the 8-9 game...overall the Big East got hosed for the 2nd yr in a row.

In the grand scheme of "body of work"; margin of defeat in your conf. tourney is way down the list. I don't see your beef w/ being put on the same line as L'ville given their road wins @Pitt & Marquette.

Re: Duke I agree.

Not sure how Mich St. & Marquette were seen as equals either in the 8-9 game...overall the Big East got hosed for the 2nd yr in a row.

Actually, you are right. My judgment on UL was a little off because I just watched them almost (should have) lose to WVU in the second round and then play an unimpressive, streaky game vs. Pitt. Their stretch leading into the tourney was very impressive and they were the wrong team to compare ND to for seeding sake.

Our big losses to Villanova and G-Town, combined with our bizarre losses to So Florida and St. Johns are what ultimately sunk us. I just think it was a little strange to give the top 2 BE teams a #2 and #3, and then saddle us with a #6. We also sport a nice road victory at #4 seed Maryland on our resume.

I guess I put more stock into the "what have you done lately" column. I think ND was playing as well as any team in the Big East leading into the tournament, and we proved it this week. I can only give my opinion obviously, but if Russell Carter's 3 goes in on Friday, I think we beat Pitt and win the BE. I also think Syracuse got jobbed on this same notion. Save a 3 point away loss to a desperate Villanova team, and they enter the ND game on a 7 game win streak. I'd put them in the tourney over an over-matched Villanova who basically got embarrassed in their last game (the G-Town game wasn't nearly as close as the final).