Bills sign OG Derrick Dockery, 7 years $49M

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He isnt...this guy can actually run block. He is true left guard

The left side of this line just got REALLY good.....

Peters

Dockery

Fowler

Gandy

Walker

Gandys a free agent and do you think walker will start

and everythings looking good we just need a runner.

prediction from fftoolbox:

Finally, the main name to watch for the Bills could be Indianapolis' Jake Scott. The three-year veteran entered the offseason as a restricted free agent, but he didn't receive a tender offer from the Colts. That means Scott, a right guard, will hit the unrestricted free-agent market, where he'll no doubt be actively pursued. Scott has started in 32 consecutive regular-season contests for Indy, and he's one of the linemen chiefly responsible for keeping Peyton Manning upright. The 6-5, 295-pounder would be a vast improvement over Preston on the right side of the line.

If Levy could land both Dockery and Scott that would be a major success in the free agency offseason in my opinion. Look to lock up Willis on maybe a 4 year deal this offseason not next year when he can hit the market. Then in the draft address lb and cb.

I like the sound of that ! Would be some solid moves by Marv

So about $2M a year in guaranteed money and probably a heavily back-loaded contract. Not bad.

It probably isn't backloaded. Contrary to the popular interpretation, I think Marv actually meant that the Bills would no longer heavily backload contracts in his 'cash-to-the-cap' statements.

At any rate, this is a very nice signing for the Bills.