Clements signs with 49ers, 8 years $80M

Peter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the Benagls have to do with any of this?

I am not sure about this particular story, but the guy who runs the Bengals website, Geoff Hobson, is very sharp and very much on top of things. I have often gone to bengals.com for breaking news kinds of things during free agency.

The 49ers are coming on rapidly. Nolan is putting together a nice little program over there. Clements would be a terriffic signing for them. With the state of that division, for all it's mediocrity, the Niners will compete for that division title next season. Heck, by the end of last season they were playing the best football in division. They have direction and some good young talent.

Ralph thanks you for your stupidity.

Funny thing, Buffalo had roughly 33M in cap space and SF had 39M or so. Difference=SF will spend and Buffalo most likely will not with cash to the cap.

And BTW, nice of you to be constructive and offer a reply. Instead you throw names out there. Very nice.

The 49ers are coming on rapidly. Nolan is putting together a nice little program over there. Clements would be a terriffic signing for them. With the state of that division, for all it's mediocrity, the Niners will compete for that division title next season. Heck, by the end of last season they were playing the best football in division. They have direction and some good young talent.

Losing Turner will set them back though and it will be a new scheme...

Ralph thanks you for your stupidity.

You are right.

I have been stupid for spending thousands of $ on tickets, jerseys, flights etc to watch this team since 1981.

And I will probably continue to do so in the future.

Thanks for your well-thought out reply, man that hurt. B-)

The rich get richer and teams like Buffalo get poorer.

Sad.

hey Donte --

i bet you were one of the complainers after the Bills announced their #1 pick last year. now you bear his name. it's amazing how people are predicting doom before the 1st day of free agency is over and the draft is 2 months away, forget about the fact that a single game has not been played yet in 2007.

hey Donte --

i bet you were one of the complainers after the Bills announced their #1 pick last year. now you bear his name. it's amazing how people are predicting doom before the 1st day of free agency is over and the draft is 2 months away, forget about the fact that a single game has not been played yet in 2007.

Do not read so much into my comment..

I am not doom and gloom on every move the Bills make..

It is just frustrating that Clements will no longer be with the Bills, and that is all.

It is frustrating that we will see lots of $ under the cap because the cap is escalating at a faster rate which will hurt teams like ours in the long run.

Will Marv make other moves to help the team? I'm sure he will.

I am not saying the off-season is a failure already, not by any stretch.

I just wanted to see the Bills keep Clements and Fletcher and maybe add another piece and have a good draft.