Clements signs with 49ers, 8 years $80M

Peter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this signing mean that Daquixers is back won't be posting here anymore?

I thought about that and wondered what he would have to say abot this. But my guess is that he's reasonable enough to see those numbers and realize, Nate just couldn't fit into our plan like that.

The 49ers are coming on rapidly. Nolan is putting together a nice little program over there. Clements would be a terriffic signing for them. With the state of that division, for all it's mediocrity, the Niners will compete for that division title next season. Heck, by the end of last season they were playing the best football in division. They have direction and some good young talent.

You're looking at a potential NFC wild card team next season. That defence is starting to look very good.

8 years? 80 million?

I'm glad the Browns didn't try to match that.

Nate is a very good player...but he needs to be better than Ronnie Lott to justify that contract in SF.

It'd be hard to measure that as Lott was a safety.

I'll agree with those who have said that Nate is very, very good, one of the better ones in the league, but has yet to prove he's an elite CB. For $80M that's what I'd expect (even if the last two years are basically voidable). It's been said before that this defense does not need top-shelf cover corners. My only hope is that we don't go CB first round in the draft if that's really true.