bills sign Jason Whittle

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From ESPN.com:

Whittle understand the mantra that the more you can do the longer you will be around. Whittle has learned to continue his career as a professional football player and plays multiple positions as well as contribute in a variety of ways on special teams. Whittle is able to play all five positions on the offensive line and is an intelligent player that uses angles to his advantage against defenders. He works hard to use great technique using hand placement and leverage to wall off opponents, but he lacks the power to move defenders and expand the hole. This lack of lower-leg strength is also evident when Whittle faces two-gap defensive linemen that are able to stalemate him at the point of attack and shed him to make plays. Whittle does a nice job in space engulfing linebackers at the second level when pulling. When asked to start at guard this season for Minnesota the Vikings actually fared better up front with Whittle in the game. In pass protection, Whittle does a very good job working his hips and feet together with average punch but good hand placement re-directing the pass rusher. Along with decent size Whittle brings versatility, football smarts and deceptive athleticism for an offensive lineman that will allow this veteran to continue to make a roster, get on the field and contribute

Not bad, not bad...I'm always smiling when I see veteran OGs be brought into Buffalo.

Methinks the old men arent done this morning...

Looks to me like they just signed this year's version of Mike Gandy/Tutan Reyes/Bennie Anderson.