bills sign Jason Whittle

He's better than Tutan Reyes and Bennie and has a history with McNally. He'd be great depth but don't rule him out as a starting guard.

The way things stand right now, he's starting. We'll see where things go from here.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Right.

Since McNally has been here coaching and "helping" to advise the Bills on what offensive lineman we need-

I have been extremely unimpressed with the results.

He did coach Munoz in the 1980's though.

And he didnt even coach tackles last season, mcnally has been a real dissapointment. Then again it's not like the front office has made a real effort to bolster the talent of the oline trying to rely on late round picks and pure luck. Seriously how many teams have a udfa as their franchise left tackle and a 7th rd pick at rt?

Please share your wisdom.

First of all, Reyes and Bennie suck ass. It's not saying much to say that Whittle is better. But he is. 4 years ago he played well (in his first season starting for the Giants) and actually became a somewhat coveted free agent following the season. Tampa Bay signed him to a long-term deal early in the free agency period (as opposed to waiting months later to sign scraps like Reyes, for example), and the Giants missed him enough that they traded a draft pick to get him back the following season. Assuming he hasn't regressed in the past couple of years, is he a great player? No. Can he be an adequate starter or provide excellent depth? Yes. Other than that, you'll have to take my word for it. When we signed Tutan Reyes last year, everyone was all over his jock. I said he sucked balls and was lambasted for it. I was right.

Please share your wisdom.
First of all, Reyes and Bennie suck ass. It's not saying much to say that Whittle is better. But he is. 4 years ago he played well (in his first season starting for the Giants) and actually became a somewhat coveted free agent following the season. Tampa Bay signed him to a long-term deal early in the free agency period (as opposed to waiting months later to sign scraps like Reyes, for example), and the Giants missed him enough that they traded a draft pick to get him back the following season. Assuming he hasn't regressed in the past couple of years, is he a great player? No. Can he be an adequate starter or provide excellent depth? Yes. Other than that, you'll have to take my word for it. When we signed Tutan Reyes last year, everyone was all over his jock. I said he sucked balls and was lambasted for it. I was right.

Knowledge! :(

Bills | Whittle will visit team Friday

Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:43:52 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports free agent OG Jason Whittle (Vikings) will visit the Buffalo Bills Friday, March 2.

False. The Vikings have two amazing o-linemen. The other three suck.

Whittle = Reyes and Anderson. Another crappy signing on the line. I'm tired of it.

[/quot

GO TO BED!!!!!!!

i think mcnally has been doing his best at turd polishing for the past few years.

Remember-

he reviews tape of all the offensive lineman in the draft

and all the available free agents and makes his suggestions.

My conservative estimate is that he has played a part in what "turds" we have brought in here

and unfortunately most of these turds have stunk.

I'll have to take your word for it?

Since you gave such an in depth scouting report of his strength and weaknesses- I can see clearly that you have expertise in this area.

NOT!!

This guy has career backup/journeyman written all over him and this puts him in the same category as the other sh-- we have brought in like Reyes and Anderson etc etc etc