Pick Up Trucks

Stl Bills

Need a work truck after 2/14s mishap....I really like that Nissan Titan but was wondering what truck owners on here thought about their rides. Any words of advice?

I have a Toyota Tacoma. I'm 6'6 and its a small truck, but I have PLENTY of leg room, etc. It's surprisingly roomy. I love how it rides and (knock on wood) hasn't given me any problems (currently 40,000 miles on it).

That being said, it's no work truck, but I would recommend at least looking at its big brother, the Toyota Tundra.

I have a Toyota Tacoma. I'm 6'6 and its a small truck, but I have PLENTY of leg room, etc. It's surprisingly roomy. I love how it rides and (knock on wood) hasn't given me any problems (currently 40,000 miles on it).

That being said, it's no work truck, but I would recommend at least looking at its big brother, the Toyota Tundra.

My best friend has a Tacoma and I agree its a very nice truck. The Tundra is definetley my 1b choice but after comparing the engines on the two:

Titan: 317hp 385ft/lbs torque...Standard

Tundra: 3 choices V6: 236hp

4.7V8: 271hp

5.7V8: 381hp............Nice!!!

If I got the 5.7 I'd be paying a lot more money and I'd have to have it.

I'll second the Tacoma. I didn't need a full size pick-up, I just needed one to haul my brewing equipment around and for weekend home improvement projects. I bought a 2007 double cab in December and I love it so far. One word of caution though, since I was in an accident where I was impacted on the driver side it was important to me to get side air bags on my new truck. They were not standard on the Tacoma and it took a fair bit of searching around to find one so equipped. For anyone looking at buying or leasing a new vehicle I would highly recommend using Fighting Chance, the "fax attack" car buying process that is advocated there worked like a charm for me.

Need a work truck after 2/14s mishap....I really like that Nissan Titan but was wondering what truck owners on here thought about their rides. Any words of advice?

If you're looking at a full size, there are only two I would recommend, and they have both already been brought up...the Tundra and the Titan, with a strong nod to the Titan. IMO, they are the only two out there worth looking at. I can't stand Dodge, and Ford and Chevy don't have anything that compare with quality you get from Nissan and Toyota (it took me a long time to admit that).

I've driven a Titan for a couple weeks and loved it. It's comfortable, rides great, tough as hell, and looks awesome. I got a buddy who got the Tundra a few weeks ago and he loves it. Other than the price tags, I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I have nothing to contribute....I just wanted to say that I'm about to sign papers on a Tacoma tomorrow, so I'm glad to hear that you guys like yours. Mine is just a bare bones regular cab, pre-owned, 2002 w/ 50k miles on it, but it will get the job done for the time being. I'm excited to take delivery on it! I think the tacomas are the sharpest looking sport truck out there.

Ive heard great things about the Titan and will consider one next time I buy. It will be very tough to switch from my F150 Super Crew. Ive had it for 5 plus years(bought it new) and have not had a repair issue yet outside of brakes and tires. Nothing. Hard to complain. Ive been told that the Titan is almost a total copy of the F150. Here is a good site for ratings

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/automoti...ucks/index.html

Maybe I'm old school, but I have a 2006 Ford F150, It rides great, nice deep bed for hauling stuff, I took the 2 wheel drive because we usually dont see much snow, (I'm kinda regretting thet this week) NH Billsfan works at a dealership and allowed me to accesorize with the appropriate chrome and towing package.

I Work for small business and we have ran Ford F-150’s and Rangers for the last 10 years new body styles and old. All of them have run flawlessly, not even one mechanical issue. The one I drive has the V-8 4.6L engine, 2WD and extended bed. I carry a cap and a lot of moderately heavy gear in it all the time, mostly stop and go driving around the city and a fair amount of highway as well. I put on about 30 thousand miles on it a year. A great work truck, It does suck the gas with all the stop and go 14-15MPG avg.

Are you looking for a new or older truck? Full size or a smaller one? will it be used for work or just as a D.D.?

If going new, I would personnally go Toyota (tundra or Tacoma) or with a Dodge Ram, probably with the Diesel

If going with an older one, I own a Dodge Dakota and its perfect for a D.D. and Weekend Hauler. The only thing I can say is go with the v8. The v6 is a gas guzzler and uses about as much gas as the v8's so you might as well get the extra power of those 2 extra cylinders.

My friends dad has always owned Ford F-150s and he's never had a problem with them.

I know someone that has a Titan from his work and he likes it. I'm just a little hesitant in a Nissan truck because they are a relatively smaller car company not known for making many trucks. If I was going import, I would go Toyota first.