Detroit interested in London Fletcher

ganesh

Lions | Primary target could be Fletcher-Baker

Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:33:08 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of Mlive.com, reports free agent LB London Fletcher-Baker (Bills) appears to be the main target for the Detroit Lions middle linebacker spot. The club has identified that position as an offseason priority this year.

I still think that he will be designated the franchise player.

Who knows how good he will be in 2 years. The Bills have a ton of cap room, and Ralph was said to like him.

It makes sense.

Even if we put the Transition Tag on him we still have a shot at keeping him. Whatever it takes. In no way does our football team get better without him on it. Just my 2 cents.

Tom Kowalski, of Mlive.com, reports free agent LB London Fletcher-Baker (Bills) appears to be the main target for the Detroit Lions middle linebacker spot. The club has identified that position as an offseason priority this year.

Could you post the link. Thanks :rolleyes:

The Lions will still lose 10+ games no matter who they sign.

If he signs with Detroit, no doubt it is only if they are a top bidder.

I hope they don't let him go without compensation like Clements. If there is so much interest in him fom Detroit or NE, put the Franchise tag on him and get something if we cannot re sign him. Marv must learn that this is business and use all at his disposal to improve our team. If no one wants to deal, we have a year to sign him and see if there is a decline in his capabilities. Either way, we get the maximum for the Bills. Even if they don't see him in our future, get somehing for him. We could on draft day use him to move up with Detroit or whomever, do a trade to include someone who doen't want to be there or to get draft choices, all which helps the Bills.

I hope Marv has learned a little in his year as GM and while playing fair and clean, get what he can for his team. He cannot make mistakes like Clements and he must use all tactica and opportunities at his disposal. We will see when the F tags are placed.

7.206 million according to this site.

Pretty cheap for a team with 39 million in cap space, or so I see it.

On another topic, I would say the chances are quite slim for the Bengals to apply the franchise tag to Steinbach at a cost of almost 10 million. :rolleyes:

yikes!! Too rich for my blood.

what if we transition tagged him?

I actually think the Bills will go LB in the draft; the only issue is whether we can get anything for London by tagging him, not tagging him in order to keep him.

I also have a feeling that crowell could move to the middle--be the "bigger" MLB that they envison, with spikes and ellison/wire on the outside.

I like London, but no more than two more years. If a team will give him 3 or more, let him go. We have to stay young and able to sign the young D players we have. Also, I doubt the Pats will take him because they are aleady old at LB and have two first round picks to fill that need.

I like London, but no more than two more years. If a team will give him 3 or more, let him go. We have to stay young and able to sign the young D players we have. Also, I doubt the Pats will take him because they are aleady old at LB and have two first round picks to fill that need.

Totally agree. We'll move Crowell to the middle spot and have Spikes-Ellison on the edges. We'll sign Briggs if he isn't franchised, and, if he isn't available, draft one on Day 1...