DraftTek adds New Rounds

Astrobot

RD1 Darrelle Revis CB

RD2 Quinn Pitcock DT

RD3 Stewart Bradley OLB

RD4 Andy Alleman OG

RD6 Jarrett Hicks WR

As you may know, DraftTek uses a computer model (VBA on MS Excel) to take team needs into account. The Team Needs are listed 1-9, with 1 meaning definitely will draft with high priority. They are here.

Round 1 begins here.

By the way this site is proven to be a complete piece of sh--.

It has St. Louis taking Adrian Peterson.

Has anybody there heard of Steven Jackson???

Come on now, haven't you heard every team should have quality 2 RBs because it's the latest fad. I mean that's why so many are suggesting we take Marshawn Lynch.

RD1 Darrelle Revis CB

RD2 Quinn Pitcock DT

RD3 Stewart Bradley OLB

RD4 Andy Alleman OG

RD6 Jarrett Hicks WR

As you may know, DraftTek uses a computer model (VBA on MS Excel) to take team needs into account. The Team Needs are listed 1-9, with 1 meaning definitely will draft with high priority. They are here.

Round 1 begins here.

Maybethe worst draft i've seen yet for us.

Revis don't impress me. I like Pitcock, but how did this guy go from mid-season top 15 guy to 2nd rounder?

And Stewert Bradley? If we really like him, we'll take him in round 6.

Do we really need a CB THAT badly to take a 1st round pick on him?

Darrelle Revis is regarded as one of the top 2 CBs in the draft. I think he might even surpass Leon Hall on the list if he has a stronger combine and if we lose Nate Clements and don't sign a veteran replacement yes we'll NEED a CB.

Hi Astrobot!!

Seems like the thread participants are unhappy with the Bills picks. But Draft Tek itself performed well if I may say so. The Bills did not have a number 1 priority. Three positions were labeled at #2's - CB, DT, and OLB. All three were addressed in the first three rounds with the best availables.

After the #2's were filled, the next highest priority was OG, which was promptly filled in round 4.

The #6 pick was a 4 priority - WR was a #4 along with several other positions. The best available #4 happened to be hicks.

Maybe the issues were with the players themselves and not the actual positions that were filled in each round????

Thats more a function of an individuals personal opinion vs my player rankings.

As I continue to revise and update the need of the various teams, the draft simulation will continue to evolve.

Keep out of the cold! I hear its below zero out there! Yikes!

Warren@drafttek.com

RD1 Darrelle Revis CB

RD2 Quinn Pitcock DT

RD3 Stewart Bradley OLB

RD4 Andy Alleman OG

RD6 Jarrett Hicks WR

Round 1 begins here.

Hi Astrobot!!

Seems like the thread participants are unhappy with the Bills picks. But Draft Tek itself performed well if I may say so. The Bills did not have a number 1 priority. Three positions were labeled at #2's - CB, DT, and OLB. All three were addressed in the first three rounds with the best availables.

After the #2's were filled, the next highest priority was OG, which was promptly filled in round 4.

The #6 pick was a 4 priority - WR was a #4 along with several other positions. The best available #4 happened to be hicks.

Maybe the issues were with the players themselves and not the actual positions that were filled in each round????

As I continue to revise and update the need of the various teams, the draft simulation will continue to evolve.

Warren@drafttek.com

Yeah the drafttek was absolutely amazing!!!

Especially when the Rams snagged Adrian Peterson in the first round when they already have Steven Jackson.

Shouldn't that be a bit of a clue that there was a GLITCH??

Keep on revising.....it's the Mel Kiper way......

Hi Astrobot!!

Warren@drafttek.com

The CB priority is an interesting one. What seems to be the case with the way we employ the cover 2 is that the CB's basic responsibility are in the short zone and after a receiver goes 10-15 yards the CB is supposed to release this receiver and the safties and MLB have divide the field into and they have the deep cover.

The CB has important press duty on the receiver on short routes or initially if the player goes deep, but the type of relatively soft coverage which has been a trademark of the Bills for a bunch of years is gone for the CBs as this type of zone coverage is the responsibility of the deep cover guys.

Ironically this tighter CB coverage means more INTs for the deep cover guys as fewer balls are thrown the CBs way as the opposing QBs see these men are covered and looks elsewhere, leading not only to fewer INTs by the CBs not only from them making good plays but fewer poorly INTs off of poorly thrown balls as the receivers are closer in and the receiver is close by to interfere with the CB trying to catch the ball.

In addition, to this the opposing teams needed to pass less against the Bills when the RBs could gain significant yardage against the Bills on run plays leaving shorter yardage on many third downs and giving run plays a better chance to pick up 3 or 4 yards when this use to be a definite passing down for opponents looking for that much distance.

These factors were reflected in Fletch leading the team with 4 INTs while the CBs had fewer 3 Clements and McGee at O was beaten out by safety Simpson with 2.

In many ways it is not surprising that the Bills do not want to give big bucks to Clements who often got INTs by hanging back, reading the QBs eyes and sitting on the route for a pickoff or in other cases using his zone coverage to range all over the field and swoop in for the pickoff.

When one looks at the assessment of Youbouty, he actually stacks up as a player who is big boy who is a very competitive good hand fighter who seems built for press coverage. The major flaw in his game according to scouts was actually found when he is asked to play with his back to the QB running deep routes.

What this adds up to is a question of how much faith the Bills coaches have in using this rookie as our #2 CB and also how much faith they have in our nickel. Given that they used Youbouty once as a starter and he turned in a good performance making reads on the crafty but weak armed Pennington and that they have shown a lot of faith in Thomas, my sense is that if they extend Thomas they may be quite comfortable letting MC walk and simply augmenting the CBs with a later draft pick and not going for a CB at one unless there is a very good one available.

Darrelle Revis is regarded as one of the top 2 CBs in the draft. I think he might even surpass Leon Hall on the list if he has a stronger combine and if we lose Nate Clements and don't sign a veteran replacement yes we'll NEED a CB.

Agreed, and this position simply must be filled with a first round pick under any conditions, even if the next Joe Greene or John Hannah is still there at DT or OG. Corners MUST come first.

We could have considered throwing Youboty in there, but he wasn't drafted early enough.

Agreed, and this position simply must be filled with a first round pick under any conditions, even if the next Joe Greene or John Hannah is still there at DT or OG. Corners MUST come first.

We could have considered throwing Youboty in there, but he wasn't drafted early enough.

Do the modern marv math...

7 Rounds = 7 Cornerbacks :thumbsup:

Lawd, Oh Lawdy!

Makes you yearn for the pre-1993 Drafts when there were 12 rounds.

By the way this site is proven to be a complete piece of sh--.

It has St. Louis taking Adrian Peterson.

Has anybody there heard of Steven Jackson???

Agreed. It has minnesota taking alan branch, even they have a couple of DT's by the name of Pat and Kevin williams. They sure need a top 10 DT on their team. :thumbsup:

And lynch to the pats who just took maroney last year? :lol:

The CB priority is an interesting one. What seems to be the case with the way we employ the cover 2 is that the CB's basic responsibility are in the short zone and after a receiver goes 10-15 yards the CB is supposed to release this receiver and the safties and MLB have divide the field into and they have the deep cover.

The CB has important press duty on the receiver on short routes or initially if the player goes deep, but the type of relatively soft coverage which has been a trademark of the Bills for a bunch of years is gone for the CBs as this type of zone coverage is the responsibility of the deep cover guys.

Ironically this tighter CB coverage means more INTs for the deep cover guys as fewer balls are thrown the CBs way as the opposing QBs see these men are covered and looks elsewhere, leading not only to fewer INTs by the CBs not only from them making good plays but fewer poorly INTs off of poorly thrown balls as the receivers are closer in and the receiver is close by to interfere with the CB trying to catch the ball.

In addition, to this the opposing teams needed to pass less against the Bills when the RBs could gain significant yardage against the Bills on run plays leaving shorter yardage on many third downs and giving run plays a better chance to pick up 3 or 4 yards when this use to be a definite passing down for opponents looking for that much distance.

These factors were reflected in Fletch leading the team with 4 INTs while the CBs had fewer 3 Clements and McGee at O was beaten out by safety Simpson with 2.

In many ways it is not surprising that the Bills do not want to give big bucks to Clements who often got INTs by hanging back, reading the QBs eyes and sitting on the route for a pickoff or in other cases using his zone coverage to range all over the field and swoop in for the pickoff.

When one looks at the assessment of Youbouty, he actually stacks up as a player who is big boy who is a very competitive good hand fighter who seems built for press coverage. The major flaw in his game according to scouts was actually found when he is asked to play with his back to the QB running deep routes.

What this adds up to is a question of how much faith the Bills coaches have in using this rookie as our #2 CB and also how much faith they have in our nickel. Given that they used Youbouty once as a starter and he turned in a good performance making reads on the crafty but weak armed Pennington and that they have shown a lot of faith in Thomas, my sense is that if they extend Thomas they may be quite comfortable letting MC walk and simply augmenting the CBs with a later draft pick and not going for a CB at one unless there is a very good one available.

Very impressive post. :thumbsup:

The Bills should not play Youbouty unless he proves to the coaches (on the field and in practice) that he can handle the assignment given to him (a statement of the obvious but some folks seem to refuse to want to take the obvious as a given in a post unless it is stated).

However, the point that he was drafted is an interesting indicator of what he might do between the actual draft weekend and when the first pre-season practice begins, but when reality enters the equation the spot he was picked becomes trivia.

For example, Ko Simpson was drafted on the second day does this mean the Bills should not start him because he wasn't drafted early enough, or John McCargo was drafted in the first round, does mean the Bills must start him and should have sat Williams even though he was playing better because Williams was drafted later.

Perhaps I should take my own advice and assume that this is what you meant, but reality and what you said seem to be counter too each other so I am interested in clarification.

A bit of the key to this not simply when people were drafted in a spot, but why they were drafted in that spot. Youbouty is said by many to have fallen to the 3rd round because he needed a year of seasoning and work before he was ready to contribute. If true he may be ready to go this season, his practice and play on the field will tell,

In terms of assessing his play on the field last year, he missed camp and was inactive early, but again it is not the simply fact of him being unavailable but why that tells the tales. If he was recovering from injury that is one thing and raises legit questions about his body. If he were suspended that raises other legiot questions and brings in to play his mind or character.

He was gone cause his single Mom died and he was the oldest kid in the family. I'd have real questions about his character if he abandoned his younger siblings an went off and played with his homies even despite his making the big bucks.

As far as what we do know and can see it really is so far so good. He impressed the coaches enough with his play that he even broke into the starting line-up against the Jets due to an injury to an LB and Pennington's style of play which dictated us using an extra DB.

He was not outstanding so we must see him start, but we logged a nice victory against the Jets and he was not a huge liability out there in his other games so to me he easily deserves a real shot at getting more PT and though it strikes me as unreasonable to expect or demand he starts as #2 CB, to hope he does is not an unreasonable thought even if unlikely. Where he was drafted is quickly approaching trivia in this consideration.

For example, Ko Simpson was drafted on the second day does this mean the Bills should not start him because he wasn't drafted early enough, or John McCargo was drafted in the first round, does mean the Bills must start him and should have sat Williams even though he was playing better because Williams was drafted later.

Perhaps I should take my own advice and assume that this is what you meant, but reality and what you said seem to be counter too each other so I am interested in clarification.

PG, I was simply being sarcastic. A rational person would believe that Youboty was drafted with the almost certain loss of Nate in mind; a good move if a team/GM was relatively sure of his departure.

Well, here we are a year later, and many mocks and (posters) show us drafting yet another 1st round, let alone 1st day corner. Frankly I strongly expect it, thus the sarcasm.

PG, I was simply being sarcastic. A rational person would believe that Youboty was drafted with the almost certain loss of Nate in mind; a good move if a team/GM was relatively sure of his departure.

Well, here we are a year later, and many mocks and (posters) show us drafting yet another 1st round, let alone 1st day corner. Frankly I strongly expect it, thus the sarcasm.

Given the fact that Youboty was obviously drafted with this possibility in mind, WHY do you expect Marv & Co. will draft a cornerback in the first two rounds? Do you think they are stupid?

You are really getting tiresome with your completely one-note posts on this and all line-related topics. I guess we all have our hobby horses, but could you try another tack?