The No Fun League Strikes Again

ricojes

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league's long-standing policy is to ban "mass out-of-home viewing" of the Super Bowl. An exception is made for sports bars and other businesses that show televised sports as a part of their everyday operations.

that show televised sports as a part of their everyday operations???

How about:

that support billions in network TV ad spending by selling copius amounts of beer.

I'll bet if they had a giant TV screen showing the game in a GM plant, the NFL wouldn't be sending threatening letters.

that show televised sports as a part of their everyday operations???

How about:

that support billions in network TV ad spending by selling copius amounts of beer.

I'll bet if they had a giant TV screen showing the game in a GM plant, the NFL wouldn't be sending threatening letters.

Maybe. But a few years back the Bills showed the Fish game down in Miami in the Field House. Some portion of the proceeds went to Roswell Park. They were going to make it an annual thing but the league made them stop doing it claiming that having a corner of the Field House packed with fans hurt the TV ratings. :worthy::beer:

The NFL is definitely getting too full of itself. Banning the use of the words "Super Bowl"? WTF?

:lol: you tags, goodell and the rest of the mental midgets that compromise the league offices.

I suspect this is Goodell screwing around with enforcement. Did you see Chris Brown's blog about Goodell's idea to put headsets in the helmets of the entire offense so they can hear snap counts and audibles over the crowd noise?

"I love the 12th man," Goodell said. "I love the fact that home fans can influence the game. I'm not trying to take that away. I'm just trying to let our teams perform at the highest possible level in a way that will allow our fans to enjoy the experience as much as possible." :ph34r::blink:

• 2 weeks later...