TV Placement for the Super Bowl

stevestojan

Well, I am hosting a Super Bowl party this Sundee (which is the way very old people or people from the South say "Sunday") and I need a bit of advice.

We have the largest TV in the living room of course. Following this up, we have a 27 inch in the kitchen. We also placed a 20" in the basement, as down there is the pool table and some people will be gathering there I'm sure.

The question comes with what to do with the 13" TV that we are going to put in the bathroom. Two options:

1) Put it on the shelf behind the crapper, meaning only guys (and only guys who are pissing) will be able to enjoy the game; and only for the 30 seconds - 1 minute they are in there (however, they will be in there a couple thousand times, depending on beer consumption).

OR

2) Put up a shelf that would make the game viewable while sitting. This allows the ladies to view the game, but more importantly allows the guys who are "Taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" to watch the game in style.

Damn Super Bowl and its damn ability to force me to problem solve.

I'm a big fan for what your doing......

I have this advice. Put the TV to the side of the toilet (not right next to it) on a TV tray. That way whether sitting or standing, it can be seen by all.

The other possibility. Turn the sound down on the TV, place it anywhere you want and put on the radio. Or possibly just the radio which also solves the problem.

Like I said, I love your line of thinking. As a guy, I would appreciate not missing ANYTHING during the superbowl.

I'm a big fan for what your doing......

I have this advice. Put the TV to the side of the toilet (not right next to it) on a TV tray. That way whether sitting or standing, it can be seen by all.

The other possibility. Turn the sound down on the TV, place it anywhere you want and put on the radio. Or possibly just the radio which also solves the problem.

Like I said, I love your line of thinking. As a guy, I would appreciate not missing ANYTHING during the superbowl.

To the side of the throne, on a TV tray you say? That may just work.... And then I can possibly use the shelf for snacks.

Well, I am hosting a Super Bowl party this Sundee (which is the way very old people or people from the South say "Sunday") and I need a bit of advice.

We have the largest TV in the living room of course. Following this up, we have a 27 inch in the kitchen. We also placed a 20" in the basement, as down there is the pool table and some people will be gathering there I'm sure.

The question comes with what to do with the 13" TV that we are going to put in the bathroom. Two options:

1) Put it on the shelf behind the crapper, meaning only guys (and only guys who are pissing) will be able to enjoy the game; and only for the 30 seconds - 1 minute they are in there (however, they will be in there a couple thousand times, depending on beer consumption).

OR

2) Put up a shelf that would make the game viewable while sitting. This allows the ladies to view the game, but more importantly allows the guys who are "Taking the Browns to the Super Bowl" to watch the game in style.

Option 1 is the only logical choice. Any guy who takes the time for a crap in the middle of the SB isn't much of a guy.

And one other thing...please desist from calling your gathering a Super Bowl® party. The Super Bowl® does not allow use of the term Super Bowl® for unregistered events.

See AHR & AHR for more details.

This raises another question-

Do the radio advertisers go ALL OUT for the Super Bowl, like they do for television? I would assume not, as the thinking is that most people will be watching...However, there must be quite a few who are working, driving, etc. who will tune in via radio...So yes or no on the big creative splurging for radio ads? And if no, what is the biggest radio advertisement event???

And then I can possibly use the shelf for snacks.

Now thats just wrong...

One other thing, although feminine....keep a lighted candle and a can of OUST in there....a couple extra hand towels are nice and make sure their is a full AND extra roll of nice soft toilet paper!! aaaaaahhhhhhhh

To the side of the throne, on a TV tray you say? That may just work.... And then I can possibly use the shelf for snacks.

A great idea. Then everytime someone uses the toilet and flushes you get a new "special sauce" settling down on whatever snack you put out.

I'm old fashioned...but going to the bathroom is a pretty special moment. Somehow having a TV in there takes away from the majesty of the event.

But just maybe the sound coming from the TV will cover the noise coming from the throne?

OR

Option 1 would probably be the best scenario. Option 2 would be a mess waiting to happen. Most "manly" men will not sit to pee, so they would have to turn to see the TV while peeing and therefore paying no attention to where the stream is going. This could get messy, especially towards the end of the night.

put it on the shelf, i know i always look for a good reason to sit on the john, even if it is to pee

OR

Option 1 is the only logical choice. Any guy who takes the time for a crap in the middle of the SB isn't much of a guy.

Bingo. A guy should have taken care of that business before coming to the party.

Plus you don't want to encourage people to hang out in the bathroom and create lines. Visits should in 30 seconds max.