Anyone upgrading to vista today?

Corp000085

Vista has gotten some mixed reaction. Some are calling it windows millenium v.2. Personally, i think the OS will be just fine, just like XP has been. I'm going to order my copy of vista today, but as i wrote in the sabrespace thread about vista, i'm definitely not going to install it right away. Wondering how many of you guys will soon be upgrading (or if there's anyone out there who was able to get a midnight copy and already has it up?) BTW, my ordered copy will be free... I recently got a laptop that has a free upgrade to the business edition. To hell if i'm paying extra for an OS!

HEY!!!!! I resent that....they were at Circuit City because of Darrell Green, and because the atmosphere at CC is just so pleasant...the fact there was a new product out was just a mere coincidence....

There were a bunch of poor, deluded fools waiting at Circut City here at midnight to buy it...

QUOTE(TheMadCap @ Jan 30 2007, 09:34 AM)

There were a bunch of poor, deluded fools waiting at Circut City here at midnight to buy it...

HEY!!!!! I resent that....they were at Circuit City because of Darrell Green, and because the atmosphere at CC is just so pleasant...the fact there was a new product out was just a mere coincidence....

But you don't refute the fact that they were deluded?

Allow me to clarify:

The people who are installing Vista on day 1 are deluded fools. Not the fact that they are shopping at CC...

I've been running RTM for a little under 3 months now. Stability has greatly improved since B2/RC1. It's different than XP, but a good kind of different. Most of the people who've had problems have done upgrade installs, not "clean installs" where you wipe XP off of your computer. I'd advise doing the clean install - I just did it on my laptop and it took all of 25 mins to install.

I just got a new computer with Vista pre-loaded on it yesterday (I've been needing a new PC for a looooooong time, it had nothing to do with the Vista launch) but I gotta say...I really like this new OS.

Very easy to use and understand, you'll be surprised how fast you get used to it.

:worthy:

Wanna bet?

linky

:o

Sure, I'll bet...during the installation process, it gave me the option:

- upgrade

- clean install

You can do a clean install on a system that you would normally upgrade. The whole "upgrade" process is to ensure that someone purchasing the Home Premium package is an existing XP SP2 Home or MCE, or Windows Vista Home Basic user.

Right now, I've got Home Premium installed and could easily perform a "clean install" over it if there are bugs. So far, there are not, so I don't anticipate it.

Thanks for your concern though :wacko::devil: