Why Do People Think The Patriots Will Always Fade?

Could the patriots play more boring football? seriously. 6 yard pass, 3 yard run, 3 yard run, first down. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. I mean, if it was the Bills, I would be happy, but my goodness, its so boring. Dont get me wrong, its good efficient football, but sometimes I watch them and I would rather watch paint dry.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Jarvis Green and Mike Wright are all in their 20's. In fact, their OLDEST D-Lineman is 28.

Bruschi and Dillon are definately slowing down, Vrabel is still solid and they may or MAY NOT lose Samuel. I'll even grant you that Rodney Harrison is slowing down and becoming more injury prone.

The fact is, they draft well and more often than not, make solid free agent moves so theres no reason to believe that they wont reload for next year's run.

I think we CAN assume that they have enough needs so that they won't combine their picks for a run up the board in RD#1. They'll stay right where they are and make good first round picks like in 2004:

2006 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota

2005 Logan Mankins G Fresno State

2004 Vince Wilfork DT Miami (Fla.) and Ben Watson TE Georgia

2003 Ty Warren DT Texas A&M

2002 Daniel Graham TE Colorado

2001 Richard Seymour DT Georgia

Tell that to the Yankees and their stranglehold on the AL East. :)

I know, I know.........another time and thread......sorry. :lol:

Yeah, but thats a leauge with no salary caps of any meaning. All footballs teams eventuly have a rebuilding year or two, granted not like the bills have been :blink: but the Pats will fade, and then rise again. :lol:

I think we CAN assume that they have enough needs so that they won't combine their picks for a run up the board in RD#1. They'll stay right where they are and make good first round picks like in 2004:

2006 Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota

2005 Logan Mankins G Fresno State

2004 Vince Wilfork DT Miami (Fla.) and Ben Watson TE Georgia

2003 Ty Warren DT Texas A&M

2002 Daniel Graham TE Colorado

2001 Richard Seymour DT Georgia

Now that's a successful track record for first round picks. I hate to do this, but here are the Bills' picks during that timespan:

2001: Nate Clements. Status: one foot out the door.

2002: Mike Williams. Status: team bulldozed a wall, because said player wouldn't fit out the door.

2003: Willis McGahee. Status: a little below average for a starting RB.

2004: Lee Evans. Status: solid pick.

2004: JP Losman. Status: goes into 2007 season as starter.

2006: Donte Whitner. Status: starter.

Now that's a successful track record for first round picks. I hate to do this, but here are the Bills' picks during that timespan:

2001: Nate Clements. Status: one foot out the door.

2002: Mike Williams. Status: team bulldozed a wall, because said player wouldn't fit out the door.

2003: Willis McGahee. Status: a little below average for a starting RB.

2004: Lee Evans. Status: solid pick.

2004: JP Losman. Status: goes into 2007 season as starter.

2006: Donte Whitner. Status: starter.

I don't think the 1st rounders are the bench mark of a Belichek draft...In fact, our draft is not too bad other than Mike Williams....Remeber Seymour was a 2nd or 3rd overall pick....

I think where the Belichek/Pioli make a killer draft is drafting in the lower rounds...Most of their OL other than Logan are 2nd, 4th and 5th rounders...

Where they have made mistake is not getting good WRs....Chad Jackson might change that this season.

Could the patriots play more boring football? seriously. 6 yard pass, 3 yard run, 3 yard run, first down. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. I mean, if it was the Bills, I would be happy, but my goodness, its so boring. Dont get me wrong, its good efficient football, but sometimes I watch them and I would rather watch paint dry.

I'll take a winner any day, boring or not.

"Why Do People Think The Patriots Will Always Fade?"

Wishful thinking.

Personally, I don't think it will happen next year either. They were 12-4 this year and the Bills and Jets struggled against good teams. Its going to take another year for them to learn how to beat the better teams consistently, so the Pats will probably take the division again.

I don't think the 1st rounders are the bench mark of a Belichek draft...In fact, our draft is not too bad other than Mike Williams....Remeber Seymour was a 2nd or 3rd overall pick....

I think where the Belichek/Pioli make a killer draft is drafting in the lower rounds...Most of their OL other than Logan are 2nd, 4th and 5th rounders...

Where they have made mistake is not getting good WRs....Chad Jackson might change that this season.

Seymour was picked 6th overall in 2001 behind Vick, Leonard Davis, Gerard Warren, Justin Smith and LaDanian Tomlinson.

Not in 07, but wait until 08. I believe that Belichick will be head coach of the Giants in 08, the deal that was set up by the meeting between Belichick and the Giants, and the meeting between Paoli and the Giants. Belichick has wanted to be HC of the Giants since he was assistant there, and I hear that Belichick's future fiancee works for the Giant's front office. This is all hearsay, but from some good sources.

Do I hype the Patriots all year long? No, but seriously, they were a third and three completion away from sitting on the ball, kicking the field goal and going to the Bowl to most likely beat the Bears. I just don't understand where all these Jets Bills threads taking over the East come from :blink:

Let's wait until the Bills can actually beat New England for once before giving them the division.

Yeah and they were also a midless punt return fumble away from being knowcked out by San Diego. Works both ways.

Plus .. they have no talent .. they can't keep wining with the lack of players they have.

Their well is dry.....even the most loyal Pats fan had to see that they are no longer the NFL darlings. The story line in the soap opera has changed. No longer is it the unheralded QB who takes over. Unfortunately for the Bills, it looks like the story line is coaching....either young or minority.

Not in 07, but wait until 08. I believe that Belichick will be head coach of the Giants in 08, the deal that was set up by the meeting between Belichick and the Giants, and the meeting between Paoli and the Giants. Belichick has wanted to be HC of the Giants since he was assistant there, and I hear that Belichick's future fiancee works for the Giant's front office. This is all hearsay, but from some good sources.

Okay, Tom Brady or Eli Manning. Tough choice there.