Sing it with me!

SDS

Fios is coming to town! woot!

they are digging up the neighborhood as we speak. I figure within the month I'll be riding the glass and Comcast can kiss my monopoly hatin' ass goodbye.

Somebody had one too many Capri Suns this morning. What are you talking about?

The second this shiznit drops in Cheektavegas, I'm all over it.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day when I get to tell Time-Warner to suck on the snotty end of my f*ck stick.

Don't get your hopes up. I'd expect VZ to sell WNY before it ever invests in the area. They are focusing more on the more metro areas and selling off their more rural/less populated areas. See the sale of New England area last week.

Don't get your hopes up. I'd expect VZ to sell WNY before it ever invests in the area. They are focusing more on the more metro areas and selling off their more rural/less populated areas. See the sale of New England area last week.

Actually, they are already installing it in some areas here. I think West Seneca has it...

The second this shiznit drops in Cheektavegas, I'm all over it.

I'm anxiously awaiting the day when I get to tell Time-Warner to suck on the snotty end of my f*ck stick.

I too wait for this but I wonder how much hi def they will carry. Not to praise TW (far from it) but they do have a nice hi def line up.

WRONG. Fiber has already been layed in Hamburg/Orchard Park/West Seneca(I can't remember which 2) and now I hear they are working in Williamsville. It will be deployed throughout WNY.

Not to piss on your parade, Scott, but they dug up my yard two years ago for FIOS. If they are digging in your front yard easment, that means that they are laying the main trunk line. They will still have to dig to the yard boxes. They have dug it up each year several times in the past two years and just finally got it right. So don't be surprised if it takes them a while to get it together.

That being said, it is so far, worth the wait. I had mine installed last thursday. They ran another line from the back yard box to my house, then installed the control box on the house. Then they have to run the line outside your house up to where you are going to put the "modem". They drilled through my siding to get the line in the house. They did a really good job with that, and so far, it works fine. Lots better in fact than their abysmal DSL service.

Once they got the lines buried correctly. Maybe it was just my area, but they really, really screwed up the dig. Everyone in my neighborhood was super pissed that they kept having to redo, and redo them again. Hopefully, that is all taken care of now. Enjoy...

Actually, they are already installing it in some areas here. I think West Seneca has it...

Yep, I got FIOS internet in West Seneca, and it is fine. What is the issue holding up FIOS TV though? Because I can't wait to tell TW to kiss off. No one is worse

Yep, I got FIOS internet in West Seneca, and it is fine. What is the issue holding up FIOS TV though? Because I can't wait to tell TW to kiss off. No one is worse

Strictly a guess on my part, but either Verizon has some FCC hurdles to overcome or they are waiting until they have the fiber laid in the majority of WNY.

I switched a few months ago from cable to Fios (because of a decent phone/internet deal). I took the speed test too and got similar results, but too be honest, I wasnt all that impressed with the service. I get more freezes, and find the speed to be the same, sometimes even slower. And no TV thru Fios to boot.

I'm now moving 3 miles away where oddly enough Fios isnt available yet, so I'm switching back to cable. Besides, the triple play package TW is offering is actually a better deal.

I live in Hamburg and have had FIOS for several months now. The speed has been very fast. I have the 10 mb/sec and am very happy with it. The only worry that I have is that when I signed up it was $29.95 a month. I later found out that it is actually $34.95 a month with a $5 per month credit for having a 1 year contract. Lately though the ads for Fios say $39.95 a month for the 10 mb speed which I have.

I love it at $30 a month but it will suck if it goes up to $40 a month when my year is up.

Fios TV is supposed to be coming soon. It all has to do with whether or not Verizon will have to negotiate franchise agreements with each municipality or if NYS gives them a statewide agreement. Knowing the way things work in NYS, it won't surprise me if they have to jump through a million hoops to get it done.

I just hope that when all is said and done, Fios ends up costing less than cable for tv and internet.

From reports in my region, the cable companies are claiming that FIOS will be something for the rich people, because poor people don't get/can't afford cable.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I live in Hamburg and have had FIOS for several months now. The speed has been very fast. I have the 10 mb/sec and am very happy with it. The only worry that I have is that when I signed up it was $29.95 a month. I later found out that it is actually $34.95 a month with a $5 per month credit for having a 1 year contract. Lately though the ads for Fios say $39.95 a month for the 10 mb speed which I have.

If it makes you feel any better, I"m paying $65/mo for Comcast broadband. :thumbsup: And it's only 3 or 4 mbps. :rolleyes: