Brown LG, Beekman RG and Mozes C

1billsfan

Looks like Dan Mozes (Center, West Virginia) is showing a heck of a lot of talent at Senior Bowl...

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/articles/..._0124north.html

What if the Bills tried to go all out in the first three draft picks by drafting Levi Brown 1st rd. (to play left guard), Josh Beekman (RG) in the 2nd and Mozes in the 3rd? Then pick the best defensive player or wideout left when the 4th round picks comes around. It seems reasonable that all three players will be there at the Bill's pick in those rounds.

If the Bills did this then maybe they could start to winning the battle of third and short, keep the chains moving (which is THE KEY late in NFL games) and keep our defense off the field.

Thoughts?

Looks like Dan Mozes (Center, West Virginia) is showing a heck of a lot of talent at Senior Bowl...

What if the Bills tried to go all out in the first three draft picks by drafting Levi Brown 1st rd. (to play left guard), Josh Beekman (RG) in the 2nd and Mozes in the 3rd? Then pick the best defensive player or wideout left when the 4th round picks comes around. It seems reasonable that all three players will be there at the Bill's pick in those rounds.

If the Bills did this then maybe they could start to winning the battle of third and short, keep the chains moving (which is THE KEY late in NFL games) and keep our defense off the field.

Thoughts?

I just can't stop hoping that they make a big move at Steinbach. It would put a solid vet next to a young Peters ,who has potential that is almost unlimited. :thumbsup:

After this, I would like nothing more than a nasty RG.

That would be downright retarted.

Pick up an OG in free agency, and pick up either Beekman or Mozes in later rounds.

Have we forgotten that we picked up FIVE O-Liners last year?

Merz and Butler are duds, Pennington is doing very, very well, and Fowler is just not that bad of a center. Reyes is a scrub but a good backup.

Plus, who's to say that Villarial doesn't play another year? He's a great RG, and Gandy's move to LG turned out to be positive.

I truly see no problem with the line, it worked consistently in the latter of the season when they moved Peters to JP's blind side and benched Reyes.... Can we improve it? Yes, but I don't know what the difference will be.

They could do a lot worse than those three picks! Look at the Jets with Ferguson and Mangold. I'm still kind of hoping for Okoye as a first pick, but could live with your suggestion. Just looking for big tough guys in the trenches.

It seems like the common denominator of this year's playoff teams is that they ALL have either a solid or dominating offensive line. That's the ticket to the playoffs, next offseason could be spent finding the final missing pieces to get to where the Colts and Bears are.

Pick up an OG in free agency, and pick up either Beekman or Mozes in later rounds.

Merz and Butler are duds, Pennington is doing very, very well, and Fowler is just not that bad of a center. Reyes is a scrub but a good backup.

Plus, who's to say that Villarial doesn't play another year? He's a great RG, and Gandy's move to LG turned out to be positive.

I truly see no problem with the line, it worked consistently in the latter of the season when they moved Peters to JP's blind side and benched Reyes.... Can we improve it? Yes, but I don't know what the difference will be.

It seems like you're quite the @sshole. Try to refrain from replying to anymore of my posts.

:thumbsup::(:lol:

Thoughts?

Only if Levi Brown's an Ohio State cornerback.

Right, Bill? :thumbsup:

We dont know if Merz and Butler are duds yet....in the little time Merz got I thought he did fairly well

We dont know if Merz and Butler are duds yet....in the little time Merz got I thought he did fairly well

I too liked Merz on that game against the Patriots. He showed good mobility on pull plays blocking at the second level. He could probably be the back up to Fowler (I think he's already) and eventually take his position. Too early to call him a dud.

Plus, who's to say that Villarial doesn't play another year? He's a great RG.

No one in the history of football has ever called Villarial a "great RG". Even when he's 100% healthy, which he hasn't been for 2 seasons.

The best guard on the roster is Gandy -- who will be resigned -- and that says an awful lot. I'm not down on Gandy as much as some here are, but it doesn't change the fact that if he's the best guard on your team, your team is in a heap of trouble.

As for the original plan of this thread, it's an interesting scenario, but one I think the front office will be less inclined to employ. There is no doubt the Bills will target some OL on day one (and I think Mozes could be one of them, he's a Levy type of guy), I doubt they will grab more than one on the first day. And I am doubtful they will take one at 12.

A trade up into the later half of round one (or two) might be possible though.

But that's just my guess.

I wouldn't be against that at all

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

At first I thought you were going to advocate we pursue Ruben if he's let go by the Bears. Personally the likelihood of us drafting three O-lineman with our first three picks be very unlikely. Also have stated before feel Levi Brown might be the best RT prospect in the draft and forsee him more of a guy taken in the 20 something part of the draft then in the top 15. Beekman is definately on my radar for our 2nd Round pick. Mozes might be good but don't see an immediate need to upgrade center as feel Fowler is serviceable. I'd love to get some depth behind him but think we might be better off trading down in Round 3 and maybe pick up a few more picks in the middle rounds.

Thoughts?

A co-worker (who may post on this board....you know who you are) has sold me on Levi Brown. I was solidly in the DT-First camp, but I'm not sure there's a DT on the board worth a 12. I'd take Brown in a heart beat in the first round, and he'd fit. I guess that means I'm not sold on Okoye (although I'd crack open a Molson in celebration if we got him). Your sequence of choices, quite frankly, leaves me drooling......but in 2008, not 2007. I believe you're right in the longer term. One can almost hear choruses of "F-U" :thumbsup: !! from that OL down after down after down after down. The NFL wouldn't want to mike that group. Especially in the fourth quarter.