Parcells retires

taterhill

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad we'll be facing a first-year coach next year but I'm bummed he's retiring. The NFL without Parcells doesn't feel quite right. I just hope they keep his 34 defense there, because if they, like the steelers, transition out of it, it's going to make many more 34 personnel available to the only division that runs that defense in 3 of 4 teams, our division. Thinking too much? Perhaps. But I know I don't want to see Demarcus Ware in the AFC East. For example.

I can't BELIEVE that the steelers are giving up the 34, yet keeping LeBeau. It makes no sense to me to rebuild from scratch when they have the personnel for a 34 defense and the coach who invented the zone blitz. Asking LeBeau to coach Tomlin's Tampa-2 (anyone see a trend developing in the NFL? The 34 teams are pleased, as it makes more of their type of players available) seems insane to me.

I read an article today that basically spells it out like that - Tomlin saying without saying it precisely, they're going to the Tampa-2.

Both teams in the Super Bowl this year run it.

typical parcells doing the opposite of what people expected and he had given head fakes on. it's not a good sign for cowboys because it indicates he thinks there's a lot more to be done there past 1 year to get them in the show.

Or Jerry said sorry Bill, TO stays.

I loathe Parcels almost as much as I loathe the pukes (although some would say that I should respect them for what they have accomplished). WTF does this statement mean: "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people that have assisted me in that regard."

In what regard?