Parcells retires

taterhill

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like it was simply a power trip/struggle between Parcellout, Jerry Faye Baker-Jones and TO. Cowboys.com had a story that came out just before Parcellouts announcement reporting that Faye Baker-Jones said he was giving a 3 mil roster bonus to TO this spring. Too big a coincidence, IMO.

The third team Parcells up and split on unexpectedly.

He quit on the Pats, Jets and now the Cowboys.

Im sorry, but Parcells' legacy and reputation MUST MUST MUST take a hit here.

Very doubtful. It's not like anyone thought Parcells was a great guy to begin with. he's still a multiple super bowl winner. parcells has lots of cred to burn.

Of course, anyone who looks at his record should be able to smell the smoke of burning credibility.

I have posted this before, but behold the Parcells Law of Diminishing Returns:

Giants: 2 SB Championships

Pats: 1 SB appearance, no wins

Jets: 1 conference championship appearance

'Girls: 0 playoff wins

If he was a stock, he would be marked a "sell." :thumbsup:

Very doubtful. It's not like anyone thought Parcells was a great guy to begin with. he's still a multiple super bowl winner. parcells has lots of cred to burn.

Of course, anyone who looks at his record should be able to smell the smoke of burning credibility.

I have posted this before, but behold the Parcells Law of Diminishing Returns:

Giants: 2 SB Championships

Pats: 1 SB appearance, no wins

Jets: 1 conference championship appearance

'Girls: 0 playoff wins

If he was a stock, he would be marked a "sell." :thumbsup:

There is WAY more to it than that. I suspect that Parcells only took the Dallas job because he was on the losing end (what a surprise) of a nasty divorce. Parcells barely has patience to hold a press conference, let alone take advice from his pipsqueak, billionaire owner.

Burning credibility? Tell ya what.....I like Jauron, and the job he did last season, but if Bill Parcells was to be the Coach/GM of the Bills, we would probably be deep in the playoffs in a season or 2. In fact, I would bet on it.